Any Anons here who can write an entire program (with at least >100 LOC) without using google, or any reference book...

Any Anons here who can write an entire program (with at least >100 LOC) without using google, or any reference book, just from memory?

>Is this even possible?
>Is it worth the effort if it is possible and does it mean Profit?

Let's start with Java.

yes i can OP its just not a very use-ful one

I can write a neural network from scratch in half an hour in Haskell.

Yes, retard

>lets start with Java
the language that need documentation the most

Are you saying that its possible and could mean easy employment as a dev ?

Everybody who programs in a language regularly should easily be capable of this

sure I can but why would I? It's an utterly useless skill

Easy.

My dad can, he knows C++ by heart.

>useless skill
How is it useless to have such technical mastery you don't have to think about the language but just use it fluently to do what you need? It allows the programmer to control everything in a way the person reduced to looking up stuff can't. It will have an enormous effect on the quality of the code.

Saying it's a useless skill is like saying it's a useless skill for a professional pianist to be able to execute technical exercises perfectly.

I really don't think you understand either concept, be it uselessness or skill. That you made the statement you made in itself makes it extremely unlikely you have the skill to program anything but something very basic without recourse to a manual or online resource.

It's a useless skill because you're wasting memory space.
Kind of sad you're this desperate to justify a waste of space and still haven't produced anything noteworthy.

Step it up bro, ofc its possible, just takes time to write it

3722+861 own lines + thirdparty libraries around it

Do you also mean without reading documentation for libraries and the like?

Memorizing APIs you rarely use is pretty useless, that's why I always keep local documentation.

Yeah, I used to do it a lot in Expression 2.
After 3-5 years of programming in it every single day, I learned literally every single function in std.

Yeah, you really don't get it. So be it.

I can do it in batch

>such technical mastery you don't have to think about the language but just use it fluently to do what you need?
That doesn't take long. It's memorising all the shit in the libraries you use that takes forever.

And it's a stupid thing to sperg out about when libraries come and go all the time

t. made a living doing this shit for 12 years already

Look kid, nobody is saying you should be googling how to make an array every time. But don't spend much time memorizing syntax, it's pointless. The syntax can be googled if need be, and libraries come and go. Logic for your specific program is what you need to remember because you can't Google that.

>Saying it's a useless skill is like saying it's a useless skill for a professional pianist to be able to execute technical exercises perfectly.

No, it's like saying that a good pianist (or any classical musician) should be able play a concert from heart, without the sheets. It's a useless skill.

Especially with languages like java you have the core libraries, which pretty much every serious programmer knows by heart just from repetition. Then you have a metric shitton of other libraries for various purposes. It's not vital to know everything by heart. To write good source code you have to know the concepts inherent in the libraries and how its authors intended you to use it.
By the way, there's auto-completion / suggestions which, if you know the basics of any library, will spare you from looking up the majority of the stuff anyway.