I'm looking to get a new android phone

I'm looking to get a new android phone.

Should i get a Google Pixel XL or a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge?
Which one is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/development
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bumping this thread with my own question.

Zuk z2 pro or s7 edge? There's a 350 aud price difference and I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Also pixel is ugly with those bezels and you'll be stuck with on screen buttons.

V20.

The 128gb pixel xl cost over $900 after taxes. And 32gb is laughable for the modern day. But it you don't care about storage the pixel is ultimately the superior choice over the s7.

Why is it so difficult to answer ops question?
Do you suffer autism?

s7 takes microsd cards tho user.

A Sony or an HTC phone.

Not that guy, but both are shit.

God damnit it Sup Forums is autistic today.

?

Yeah but it's samshit and it'll likely be bootloader locked. Support will end once the s8 hits and you're left with an increasingly laggy phone.

Pixel XL
Samsung phone is for retard

bump

>pointing out the truth
>autistic
Fucking fine, if I had to pick one, it would be the Pixel - because of the developer support it would have. When Google eventually drops it, ROM developers would pick it right back up to speed.

To be fair I'd get neither. Just get a OnePlus 3T or a Xiaomi phone if they're compatible with your LTE network.

Never ever go for Zuk Z2 or Z2 Pro. It has piece of shit software and almost zero stable ROMs. You'll get frustrated with that piece of shit of a phone. Get OnePlus 3 or 3T if you must.

Pixel is a meme. iPhone from Google with Android.

>don't get the zuk
Guess I'm getting the s7 edge then.

Pixel XL
Samsung are good gramophones but Touchwiz is disgusting I'll be buying their shit after they support Cyanogenmod as a second OS.

Meme is a meme. Meme from meme with meme.

>not buying an Android phone because of the ui

Galaxy S7 (edge) is Samsung'best phone yet. And thanks to the Note7 cuckery they'll focus some more support for the Galaxys7. Nougat if even coming earlier than it should be!

That's literally been a crucial factor ever since I've started using Android like 6 years ago, and I'm sure it is for many others on here.

beta looks good, might even be willing to lose my rooted mm to get in on it.

I want tech illiterates to leave.

Doesn't mean you still can't use a custom ROM, mate.

Been using an S5 for about two years now, and it's actually pathetic how it got Android 7.1 through CyanogenMod before it was released for the S7.

>Should i get a Google Pixel XL or a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge?
Why do people spend $600 to $1000 on meme phones when there's tons of phones out there that have nearly the specs but for a quater of the price? And I don't mean cheap chink shit with builtin botnet, but quality brand phones.

I mean I get brand awareness, I get the people don't want to save money when they get shitty products. What I don't understand is this flagship hype where prices are clearly artificially inflated because idiots buy what they're told to.

Not that guy, but newer Samsung phones have no fucking support for ROMs, thanks to the Exynos thing.

You might get AOSP to boot, but it will be full of bugs.

Not that guy but you're a fucking idiot.
forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/development

Yeah but they suck in so many ways compared to flagships.

>why would anyone buy an LG G2 when the nexus 5 exists

That's my point. Why the fuck would you judge a phone based on the ui? There's custom launchers too if you don't feel confident with unlocking the bootloader.

>they suck in so many ways
That's not what I have found. But then again I'm happy with Xperia.

S7 has microsd and is fairly water resistant.
Pixel will have all sorts of support I suppose.
All depends on what you think you need or want, I happened to be sort of stupid once and was cooking with my s7 edge nearby on the counter, got spots of oil all over the fucking thing but was simple enough to just rinse and towel it off.

Ignore this retard, the only reasons for someone not to pick the zuk z2 would be either
>not being able to set up custom ROM
>thinking 64gb is not enough storage
>not liking glass back phones
>wanting cellphone with s particularly good camera

What about the pro?

Did you even read what I said? Perhaps I didn't phrase myself correctly.
It CAN get ROMs, but they're all Touchwiz-based. You can't get an AOSP-based ROM which will work stable enough for daily use. When Samsung drops it, what are you going to do to get a newer OS? Run the unstable AOSP or the outdated, riddled with security holes Touchwiz-based ROM?

Aesthetically speaking, I believe the S7 edge is the most aesthetic phone ever built.

I'd get a powerhouse cheep chink phone though.

I can get a brand new Galaxy S7 (non-edge) for $450 Canacuck Bucks (roughly $330 USD).

Worth it or no? Would be upgrading from an HTC One M7 which I would be selling for about $100 USD

Slightly bigger screen, shittier battery, slightly better camera, there's a 6gb RAM/128gb internal storage versions available

is the s7 active rooted yet (or ever will be in a reasonable time?)

It actually gets better battery life despite the smaller battery...

How is that possible?

If you don't care about money get Pixel XL, best phone out there

If you can't even speak English, why would I take your advice?

My S7 is the best phone I've ever had on so many levels. Engage.

Amoled screen, more ram, higher quality parts?
Idk, but it gets like 2 hours more SoT in reviews

I didn't know its screen was AMOLED, thank you for letting me know. Did the reviewers you've seen used the 6gb model? Because if RAM may affect how long the battery can last, then the 4gb model should perform worse on that aspect.

TouchWiz is truly one of the worst things ever unleashed on this earth. Don't use it. And don't fucking tell me you'll put a different launcher on the phone. That doesn't help remove the cancer.

Why did you try to get oil off with water are you dumb

I probably used the sponge and soap too, was a while back so don't remember exactly, just saying I washed that shit off without a problem.

IS the Oneplus 3T worth the extra £70 than the 3? Can't see much difference...

Serious question: why would any average user ever need more than 32 GB of storage on their phone?

Agreed. I guess OSs are getting larger but 32 gigs is plenty for me. Maybe if I was using a phone for torrenting, backing up photos, loads of games, etc

I was thinking lots of high resolution/quality images and videos too, but why not just create a Dropbox for that instead?

Exactly. I can get by with 16GB easy because I get 20GB per month data with my contract. I can stream all music and backup all photos. Apple really fucked up by only just moving the minimum iPhone size to 32GB. This should've been done 3 years ago.

>Being on Sup Forums with stock ROM

If Exynos go S7
if not, Pixel

iphone

Why

>looking for a new phone
>wants Android phone instead of an iPhone
You make me happy.

Go back to your iHerd

You should do it first then

androids are incomplete products

Most basic brain post ever