How does Sup Forums keep warm?

How does Sup Forums keep warm?

Sometimes I'll stay up all night programming while wrapped in a blanket, but I still get cold because my hands are sticking out of the blanket and I can't quite type with gloves on.
So I bought some striped arm warmers from /CSG/ and I'm enjoying them much more than I thought I would.

Maybe it's just my imagination but wearing cute arm warmers motivates me to write better quality code.

Other urls found in this thread:

banggood.com/NEXSTAND-K2-Laptop-Stand-Portable-Adjustable-Eye-Level-Ergonomic-for-MacBookOther-Laptop-p-1068758.html?rmmds=search
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I use some technology called central heating.

i use ffmpeg to keep my room warm

a warm cup of tea or coffee

Does anyone have these or know if theyre any good?

genitals are god's handwarmers

I was born in Alaska. What do you mean 'stay warm'?

I live in Australia. What do you mean 'How'?

Are you a cute girl?

If not please refrain from blogging when OP needs advice.

You put up with it. By very thin gloves. Similar to latex doctor office gloves but a thin cloth or something. I just wrap myself up with a blanket and maybe a tiny space heater. Fingers always get cold. I'll usually deal with the pain for around 4-5 hours but after around 6 hours in the winter time the pain gets too intense to continue and I just go to bed.

I use AMD

yeah i use em when i hack

>Using a blanket

Fuck

I have an FX processor

this is why i still have a 480ti connected to an old q6600

Shhh, third-wordlers like US still don't have this civilisation pinnacle.

Bumping for solution.

With winter approaching, I'm finding myself wearing a sweat shirt inside even with central heat, but it doesn't help my fingers from not getting cold.

I'm convinced the only way to keep them warm is to have the room/house warm when you're working, or type under your blanket.

Are they good for playing? I tend to get annoyed by cold hands when playing FPSs rather than actual typing.

Hehe.

I had a GTX570 that kept overheating, installed a shitton of fans (back, front, side) and brought it from 80 C to ~57 C during the summer.
Now I got a GTX1060 that's cool all the time (36 C avg, 0 RPM on its fans) and the outtake fans keep throwing out cool air (and thanks to the side fan, also directly on my legs).

Maybe I should check if I can turn them down, it gets annoying. Or mine bitcoins or something.

>How does Sup Forums keep warm?
My PC provides enough heat, it's basically never cold in my room

Blankets and a closed headphone man.
Harness body warmth rather than using a heater unless its super fuckin cold.

That said, I'm in Australia. Cold aint nothing compared to the shithouse summers when youre poor as fuck with no aircon.

I refuse to believe that simply having a PC (assuming desktop) that idles or does video playback can really contribute anything to a room's temperature. Sure it helps when it's +15 celsius degrees outside but in all honesty if it's -3 outside your PC playing back some shit like 720p or 1080p anime won't really heat up the room.

Even long gaming sessions I'd assume maybe raise the temperature of the room by one degree at most. Consoles/laptops are negligible I'd reckon.

idling and playing video won't do much, but if you strain your cpu and gpu, and they're fairly high power models, they can put off a fair amount of heat

Which ones did you buy exactly? Link?

>I refuse to believe that simply having a PC (assuming desktop) that idles or does video playback can really contribute anything to a room's temperature. Sure it helps when it's +15 celsius degrees outside but in all honesty if it's -3 outside your PC playing back some shit like 720p or 1080p anime won't really heat up the room.
According to my UPS, I'm currently pulling about ~200 W from the wall when idling. You're telling me 200W of heat output 24/7 won't be enough to heat up a room?

Anyway, it's currently near-winter and I have my central heating turned off. It's a pretty comfy temperature.

Just search "striped arm warmers" on ebay or aliexpress, there's tons.

Do you even AMD?

lel, do you have a little 30W intel cpu or something?
i use an overclocked 140W cpu, and it holds its own as a space heater

Why do they have to be striped?

Apart from allowing you to express your sexual orientation

i have an old computer and monitors
they all run pretty warm so its real nice with the heat on

The girlier you look the better your code, it's just a fact.

banggood.com/NEXSTAND-K2-Laptop-Stand-Portable-Adjustable-Eye-Level-Ergonomic-for-MacBookOther-Laptop-p-1068758.html?rmmds=search Hit or miss?

Anything better available (for cheaper)? It should be portable and high enough.

What'd I get, /csg/?

We're getting closer

The chinks sure can wrap shit

>not having heating
>in 2016

what the fuck? where do you even live

I'm about to fall for this meme.

But before I do, how can this be explained to my parents when it eventually appears in the laundry basket? I was considering making an excuse about how some friends did a secret santa and I got it as a gag gift, but I think they already know that I don't actually have any real life friends.

I don't thinkyou parents will care

also post feminine penis

just come out to your parents as gay, it's easier to explain

ur are gay or what

just buy a masculine arm warmer

just because it's slate colored doesn't make it not feminine, just like how you can't justify shaving ur legs as "not gay" because "you're a cyclist"

I find that wearing a thick oversized hoodie plus having a kitty on your lap and drinking a cup of hot tea keeps me cozy.

Rent a smaller room. Check HK life style.

Do you think they know? ;_;

it does here
t. russian
few years back i used to run a batch script loop i made to keep CPU usage at 100% and heat up the room.

if you shaved your legs?
yes, that shit is noticeable especially if you live with other people

This is real, i have an 8 meme core fx and i never have to turn on the heater if i close the door.

But I wear clothes all the time e_e

at all times?
there's no use trying to hide it user

i know a guy that shaved his whole body bcuz he was a swimmer
come on dude, thats not gay at ALL

If it get's a bit cold I fire up F@H on my gpu and cpu. Supporting a charity while keeping myself warm.
Feels good mane.

My shaved ass does affect my swimming speed mate.

do you reflect your insecurities in others this much IRL
its kinda cringey

OP you're cute. Can I be your boyfriend?

That shit's gay.

Buy stockings instead.

Do your own femme laundry when they're not there. That's what I used to do.

It's different, it's not larger as the feminine one. Sometimes even the material is different. You haven't ever seen one, right?

>just like how you can't justify shaving ur legs as "not gay" because "you're a cyclist"
Shaving your legs when you are a cyclist or a swimmer is not gay tho, they aren't doing this for aesthetic reasons.

Learn to touch type and put your keyboard under your blanket.

I tried that once, I kept getting cold every time I took my hands out to grab my tea.
Also, I made many more typing mistakes because my only corded keyboard is mechanical and cherry red switches are a goddamn meme.

I own ethereum mining rigs

Buy $3.5 USB heating gloves and put the heating elements in good gloves

my old xbox 360 could heat my quite large room be several degrees, enough to make it uncomfortable.

I use OpenCL. I've got three GPU's running at full load right now. Keeps me nice and toasty.

Well almost full load, the shit I'm doing is really memory heavy/dependent. So the VRAM is going nuts and the cores are at like 80-90% thermal output.

>3GHz Prescott CPU and 22'' CRT monitor sure do help a lot. Comfy to use in the colder season, in summer best avoided though.

>tfw I intended '>' as "larger than" but greentext came out

Can '>' be escaped when posting so that a literal '>' is possible as first character in a line without greentexting it?

That sounds a bit excessive and desperate. Blanket on knees and belly and keyboard on the lap is better, unless your arms/hands are freezing in which case you might look for different solutions (such as ).

>shaved his whole body bcuz he was a swimmer

How is body hair impeding swimming?

I've got two GPU's doing OpenCL shit 24/7. That system pulls 650watts from the wall according to the UPS. I'm in a different room right now on another system with 1 GPU at full load doing OpenCL shit. It's like a fucking sauna in here and it's the dead of winter(in Texas). Have not had to turn the heat on yet this year.

I don't know about gaming but actual computation that maxes out a decent GPU will raise the temperature way more than one fucking degree.

My collective TDP is around 800watts. I run that shit at full load 24/7. That's the equivalent of a hair dryer. You don't even need that much if you're in an enclosed room.

I've never bought any shit like that off the internet. But I have stumbled home(from a motel, or crack house, etc.) in some pretty frilly undergarments. Honestly who hasn't.

You toss them in a corner and forget about them or hide them somewhere and eventually they end up in the laundry.

>"Are these yours?"
>Grab them out of there hand walk away and never talk about it again

My camo see through mesh(very see through material) briefs and a custom made man thong are currently unaccounted for... I'm not even gay but it just occurred to me that they might have their suspicions.

I do my own laundry now, but I have a habit of just tossing it in there and not checking on it until hours after it's done. I'd suggest you start cleaning your own fucking cloths, or start being less of a faggot. I know you're not going to do either so good luck with all that avoided parental eye contact when they eventually find said items.

>this thread

Sounds like you have circulatory issues.

> not having a central heater
> comfy temperatures even when it's cold outside in the morning
> central heating automatically goes on before i wake up
It sure feels good to be a europoor

Last year the heating broke in the lab where I was working.
For my hands I took an old pair of gloves I hadn't used in years and I just cut the tip of the finger.

did you enjoy pickles and vodka while you waited for your PC to warm the room?

>have a standing desk
>blood flow doesn't stall
>don't have to deal with cold hands any more even if the room temp is an average of 15-16C in Winter

Hell no it's not. Try 1 kW per room if the outside temps are around freezing.

I barely start noticing some effect if my gf and I are playing some demanding co-op game for several hours in the same room, but a game with low demands? Nothing.

my room with the pc in it stays a few degrees farenheit warmer than the rest of the house, at my parents house.

And at my appartment, the computer is right next to the thermostat and even when it is 50 degrees farenheit outside the thermostat stays above 74 f.

AMD space heater

my standing desk is in the mail. do you use an anti-fatigue mat?

>have R9 290 + FX8350
>still need to use heating

fuck this cold country

Nope, I'm standing on a wooden board I use to elevate me another 4cm over the floor, since it's a makeshift contraption I never bothered to fix. My desk is 2m broad and 1m deep, with drawers left and right. Doubt I could buy something that large without having it custom made or paying out of the ass.

I'd say you'll be happy to have the mat for the first couple weeks, but due to work (standing 8h there) I was already used to it, and I can stand all day without my heels hurting, even if I game through the night.

yeah ive been sitting on my ass as a neet for almost a decade now. i know if anyone at all liked having something like that, that there would be no way i wouldnt also be thanking my stars for it at the same time

While you're at it, get a gym membership. Even just one lifting and one cardio session a week will make you massively feel better.

yeah im only 29 but people really underestimate how bad you can get when youre literally a neet for 10 years even at 29. last time i tried to jog for more than 5 minutes i started to black out and needed to actually lay on the cement to get my vision back. lmao, not even kidding.

i mean, its not that im not aware what im doing to myself. and its not that i havent been aware for some time what i need to do. but im lazy and well, poor of course. the stand up desk is the first permanent step, i really cant wait for it to get here

Couch to 5K, my friend, couch to 5K

And one for OP

Couch to 5k is for reasonably fit people.
Seriously.
It's a fine progression, but going at the speed Emi recommends is deathly to the unfit.

Dude, reasonably fit people do that in 4 weeks. If you're reasonably lean, 10 weeks is plenty.

If you're overweight or obese, then yes, you might have trouble following the pace, but no one stops you from doing it at your own pace.

True man don't suffer cold

thank you.
I would also recommend striped stockings to keep your legs warm, while wearing a cute skirt.

Well what I'm saying is that the basic idea is good, just the speed at which you advance is too fast for most people.
At least it would be for me. I wasn't fat at all and running like that took me years and years.
I'm trying to run faster rather than further now. Or rather- it's a 'as far as I can go in 20 minutes' kind of deal.
Which is still only like 2 miles but eh, the route I take is fairly up and down elevation wise.

If i'm already on hrt i shouldn't eat any foods with weak estrogens, because it will weaken the effects of my progynova, right?

No, because the estrogens available in those foods are not biologically active forms in humans.

FF stove. Eliminated my need for a kotatsu.

I'm so sorry but you are on Sup Forums man

So i can keep eating soy sauce? I was really afraid, because i heard the body would use those those weak estrogens of food too, which block the receptors for the real thing.

he blackmailed girls on vampirefreaks to send him nudes and stuff. and if they said no he'd gossip about them and sometimes block them, kek

>Standing desk

Enjoy your varicose veins

This isn't /csg/ user...