Pssh 8GB of RAM for web browsing is overkill, my firefox with 50 tabs open uses less than 2GB

>pssh 8GB of RAM for web browsing is overkill, my firefox with 50 tabs open uses less than 2GB
Checkmate dumb cucks, what do you say now?

nigger

you keep 50 tabs and you call us dumb, learn how to close tabs you ding dong

so when is the sex change?

>anime
Opinion discarded

There's only 14 tabs open, if you can count

>weebshit
Opinion discarded

>he fell for "16gb is future proof that's all you need to get" meme
>mfw he can't run 6 different vms in the background at the same time while playing a game and with a browser that has 50 tabs open on the second monitor
kek

>not using chrome in order to utilize all the wasted ram you paid good money for.

I wish every .exe used at least 100GB of ram, then I'd be getting good value.
I'm in the market text editor that will use at least 2GB with no files open.

If it's not being utilized it's wasted money.

>windows

pic related

stab yourself with a ram stick

I am not going to waste time explaining why your ram usage is high. Go fuck yourself and learn to optimize your system.

The salt in this thread from all these salty cucks fills me up nicely. I'm happy now.

>he can't run 6 different vms in the background at the same time while playing a game
>while playing a game
why would someone do that ?

Maria!

Jesus christ just look at this shit

Nowadays I'd rather jump straight to the 2x8GiB kit than end up upgrading to 4x4GiB from 2x4 and putting extra stress on the memory controller.

And yes I'm a perfomance workload autist who actually uses his RAM for more meaningful purposes than just opening a dozen of Sup Forums tabs trying to prove a point.

maybe it would consume only 2gb of ram if you didnt turn your windows installation into some frankenstein-tier abomination.

If you didn't have so much anime crap installed it would use a normal amount of ram.

12 tabs
% free -m
total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 15932 922 714 231 14296 14697
Swap: 0 0 0
Checkmate

i would like to fuck the little girl on the bottom right

It clearly states "50 tabs" in the OP, though.

Is this the desktop thread?

>Could not even saturate 1GB of RAM with 14 tabs
Checkmate.

Maybe you shouldn't use bloated javascript like oneechan and 4chanx. I swear, one of them has a memory leak.

>tfw fell for the 8gb meme

Plebs. I've got 370 tabs open. 2.1GB, and this is *with* e10s set to 3 processes.