Is there even any good non-meme reason to use any operating system other than macOS?

Is there even any good non-meme reason to use any operating system other than macOS?

Besides silly excuses like "it's not supported on my hardware", of course.

>buttons on the left
Into the /trash/ it goes

>meme reason
Thanks for proving OP's point...

Being heterosexual.

If you can afford it and the annual upgrades to the ecosystem. Apple is not meant for salaryman with a family.

It pays itself off by getting the job done. Learn to think ahead for fuck's sake, that's probably why you're still a salaryman.

I dont want a iEverything™ ecosystem. Apple turned to shit since iTunes.

Apparently the kernel is pretty outdated compared to other BSDs

You know, I've been wondering

How is the level of botnet in MacOS?

Win10 has telemetry out the ass, phones home for whatever shit you do, how about Apple?

Seriously, never used MacOS but had plans to go hackintosh

It's quite literally the only open source operating system out there with an object oriented driver interface. How is that outdated?

All the botnet shit is optional.
Turn off the iMeme cloud shit, don't use the App store and you're good

Non-opressive software isn't a good reason?

>oppressive
That's literally a librul buzzword, pham. How is that not a meme reason?

Because buzzwordery aside, there clearly are benefits to a freely licensed operating system.

Muh games

I would say that it's not a good reason, but.
I used to hate it not being on the right untill ubuntu. ubuntu has it on the left and it saves a good amount of space when a window is maximized, and the buttons move into the status-bar. I got used to it very quickly and i prefer it over anyithing else.
On macs it's just there for no fucking reason and it's annoying as well.

macOS is open source where it matters. It's literally the best of both worlds.

>proprietary closed source software
Enjoy your botnet.

It's the most productive OS, period.
Literally 90% of the devs I know are on OS X. The disgusting ThinkPad crowd in my compsci year doesn't have jobs

With macs you are locked to a single vendor. Not a good idea if you want to step a just bit aside the norm.

If you want minimalism, embedded systems, servers, or just reduce power consumption while increasing processor power available, you have to go Linux.

Get fucked, gommie.

>not supporting the open source free market
get fucked communist

In order to have a free market, you need first to have a market, friendo, but there's no such thing as an open source "market". Open source is basically the equivalent of handouts.

Apple is part of PRISM.

PRISM is a conspiracy theory, you dumb encryptard.

>RHEL

>calling people encryptard
opinion discarded

>conspiracy theory

Yes. That doesn't mean it's false.

>RHEL
Part proprietary, just like macOS. Get lost, you spastic!

>buy and sell everything at all times, do not stray a milimeter from the true path of capitalism
>I sit on my arm before masturbating and pretend its the invisible hand of the market
ancaps fuck off

theory implies hypothesis, its not a theory, its just reality.

>evolution theory

IMHO it's open source where it doesn't cause Apple problems with enforcing their closed ecosystem.
The free components are nearly useless without the rest.

>the free components are nearly useless
Just like the entirety of GNU/Linux.

Thanks for not even trying.

I love macOS but I'm refusing to use it (or buy a mac) until Tim Cuck steps out and stops killing Apple

It's not intuitive and too restricting.