Europoors already voted Edition
Amerilards welcome to vote

strawpoll.me/11765982

Surprising lack of macfags

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11765982
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

windows 7 master race

Well... you're the fag in the first place.

What do you mean by Linux? You meant Gnu/Linux? Same thing for BSD, fix that shit and eventually repost it

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>OS
>Linux

>NEETs
>unable to afford a mac

is anyone really surprised by this?

Oh well, excuse me if I have to actually work on a machine and preferebly without getting fucked by a big company behind

yes user that's why all the major tech companies give their developers macs

forget gentoo, arch is the real Sup Forums distro

Is it also why they have them develop PHP?

>Surprising lack of macfags
macfags are looked down upon in Europe, unless they are graphic designers / recording studio workers or something

Like most business decisions involving hardware and software, they do this because any issues with Apple hardware and software can be tossed back at Apple.

>strawpoll.me/11765982

You should have said "what is your favorite OS" because I usually use windows 7 and windows 10, but Linux is far superior. I only use it due to work.

Where's Windows Server?

That is the thing
Not the best, but the one you use no matter the reason

>Surprising lack of macfags
macfags die earlier, just like Steve did.

aren't windows server versions associated with a certain windows desktop version?

Are they headless, or do you use RDP to interface with them? Or maybe powershell?

check em

they are,

windows server 2016 = windows 10
windows server 2012r2 = windows 8.1
windows server 2012 = windows 8
windows server 2008r2 = windows 7
windows server 2008 = windows vista

Is Windows Server R2 better than Windows 7?

Probably not in any significant way. Both are terrible and basically unusable in 2016, at least IMO.

How so?

Incompatible with modern hardware, difficult to install and set up, incompatible with future tech (e.g. dx 12), less focus on security (ergo fewer exploits get fixed before they become 0days) and, sooner than later, no more support at all.

There's nothing sustainable about refusing to upgrade. It will eventually just stop working altogether, and then you'll be left with a much harder transition. You wouldn't invest in a dead-end technology/market either, right?

>modern hardware
Yeah you totally need that %1 performance improvement from the new Intel's CPUs

>incompatible with future tech (e.g. dx 12)
Oh noes muh gayms :(
also what is Vulkan

>fewer exploits
instead, you get exploited by M$

>invest
I ain't wasting wasting money re-using my old hardware and pirating some shitty OS

pajeets in fullforce today

Do you have any serious arguments or are you just gonna grasp at straws?

>Yeah you totally need that %1 performance improvement from the new Intel's CPUs
Look, hardware improves. New CPUs have new features, new instruction sets, new memory controllers, improved efficiency; and will pretty soon also be cheaper to buy than old/deprecated hardware, especially as stuff like motherboard stock or DDR3 RAM stock runs out.

You can't stop upgrading forever, user.

>Oh noes muh gayms :(
Let's be honest here, the only reason for most of Sup Forums install Windows at all is for running DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 games. Especially so for me. There are a few games that I'd love to play which don't run via WINE yet.

>also what is Vulkan
Used by like... 1 game that I can think of? (The Talos Principle, which runs natively on Linux either way and can also use OpenGL)

>instead, you get exploited by M$
Windows 7 and Windows 10 have just as much telemetry and forced update bullshit, you know. There's really no difference. Microsoft is microsoft. If you install Windows, you're signing up for a contract to get spied on by them and the NSA. Desperately clinging to an old OS version will not somehow help you “escape” that, no matter what your leet friends say.

>I ain't wasting wasting money re-using my old hardware and pirating some shitty OS
It seems the point of the analogy was lost on you. My point is, the more time you spend being ignorant of change and sticking to the status quo, the harder you will fall later on.

Your own choice at the end of the day, but oh well. I'm just pointing out the fallacies of luddites who stick to old OS versions.

t. microshill

>no macfags
Because american companies are shitty. Every american product outside USA is 2-5 times more expensive.

I'm a hardcore Linux user who has not had any Microsoft products installed for several years now. I'm also a keyboard-only terminal addict.

If you can't have a serious conversation based on logical reasoning and consistent arguments without having to resort to calling somebody “shill”, “pajeet”, “cuck” or otherwise, then perhaps another board would be better suited for you?

>I'm a hardcore Linux user who has not had any Microsoft products installed for several years now. I'm also a keyboard-only terminal addict.

?

are there terminals that use the mouse?

samefag

>implying

>25% of Australians are macfags

i know this doesn't prove anything, but no.

>it took him 5 minutes to "prove" it
LOL, you better git gud and edit faster with your bought copy of PS

In any field, computers, cars, sports, anything that has technological change, you're going to have people who are mentally ill and will resist any change, even if it's a pure improvement.

I used to work at a skate shop, and this one woman came in who wanted to fix her skate wheels not moving. We offered to not only fix that, but rotate her wheels which had been worn on one side. She agreed, and after we did the job and she left, she called us crying that she couldn't skate anymore on the skates. She had gotten used to the edge of her wheels that when we made her same skates like brand new, she started crying because it was a sudden change.

Now if a grown up can cry because their wheels on their old skates were made to be like they just bought them brand new, then imagine how a Sup Forums autist who spends half his life glued to their computer will react to Microsoft moving some menus around and changing the size of icons. There's no reasoning with these people, they're just mentally ill. They will imagine the OS is slower, because they are slower at using it. They will imagine it has more bugs, because it doesn't behave as they're used to it.

Don't bother arguing with or trying to convince anyone on here to upgrade to 10 if they're firm on 7. It's like trying to convince a schizo to ignore the voices in their head.

Also sorted by GNU+Linux users.

no

in b4 “nice HTMl editing lmao xDDD” memery

>new is always better
You are the mentally ill retard

It took you 10 minutes to change to your custom CSS
Consider suicided

linux only winning bc every faggot with a 30 gig partition so he can screenfetch on Sup Forums voted "linux"

It is the gnu linux operating system not "linux"

As insofar as it is the linux version of the gnu operating system

wait 3 hours and aus and NZ's will wake up.
I Just woke up my self just to vote in this poll.

i love that ubuntu has that nice shift+prnt snipping tool, but i still take some time for responding, because my active tab is /mtfg/

I'm a Linux user, I multitask.

I spent the last 10 minutes or so explaining via IRC why error diffusion dithering is retarded

In most cases yes.

t. applefag

New isn't always better, but never upgrading is never sustainable

Sometimes software gets worse. If you have a problem with that, you need to do something about it - forward-facing. Refusing to upgrade and trying to ignore the problem and pretend it doesn't exist won't last very long.

wow IRC and multitaking, you must be le l33t hax0r
Kill yourself retard

If you think that software always need to update, then you have no place in a technology board.

Kek, haven't used apple since os6 or 7 (whatever was in usage in 1996)

Sure thing kid

Nice reddit post. Sadly I only have 1 upvote to give.

It hurts to admit but I really do use Android more than anything else.

If you think never updating software is okay, then you have no place in a technology board.

>doing multiple things isn't multitasking
What's your motivation? Jealousy? Autism?

>Cuck Island and their WS2003 botnet.
It's nice to see, ex Soviet states are into Ghanoo/Linux. Sadly the Best Korea is a hypocrite winfag nsa cocksucker shithole. Time to stop redstar meme.

OSX burger reporting in

There are more windows users than gnuers in here

My fuck

This place is a shithole now

>windows in the majority

Linux cucks on suicide watch. This is our board now

I use arch linux but I would probably use osx if I didn't fall for the amd cpu meme.

>Europoors already voted

The only popular apple product over here is the iphone, macbooks pretty much have no expression in europe. In fact, if op's pic is those results, I'm surprised with the 7% share for macs, expected 3% or even less.

>Windows 7/8
called the national guard and voted BSD

>macbooks pretty much have no expression in europe

German in medical school usually have fruity toys. Of course their money come from mommy and daddy from fucking Bavaria.

>medical school

Funny you say that. Over here in Portugal most of the portables I sold to medical students were actually surface pros

Sup Forums is Windows based

My fuck

>Portugal

Nigger, if you don't put reCaptcha on it people can bot it.

>IP check
How?

>strawpoll.me/11765982
>what are dynamic ip

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

Do you honestly believe someone is going to waste their time rebooting the router for this stupid poll

Also what is CAPTCHA going to do against that

Why?

>can't vote for multiple OS
Shit poll desu.

>?777???7
PRAISE THE KEK!
MICROKEK ON SUICIDE WATCH!
:^)

>Windows 10 might be the winner
Someone sent that poll to India?

Are you memeing or actually retarded?

>norway
>6% win98
what the fuck

OK

DESIGNATED

I use Mint as my main, it works

>Portugal buying into portable maymaypads
Nada de novo, maninho.

Most people here don't buy macbooks because they're quite expensive compared to shitty Asus, HP and whatnot. But you still see some in unis and stuff.

Poorfags

:^)

>macfags confirmed samefagging on the regular here

Unlike iphone, this shit was an actual status symbol.