U JELLY?

U JELLY?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/intel/kaby-lake-release-date
dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2699682
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this skylake?

more benchmarks you neiger

Don't post any more images without putting it next to the i7 6700k.

Ideally I want to see it next to the i7 6700k, the i5 7600k, and the i5 6600k

You should rerun that after a fresh reboot since I already get that with a 4.6GHz 6700k

Same socket as 6000 series, right? So it should be a smooth upgrade.

>consumershit
no

AMD is finished!!!! LOL!

>poorshit

kek

>Yup

>he doesn't have Xeons
Who's poor? You?

DELET THIS

>a 10% increase is nothing

spoiled kids

For what fucking purpose?
At least with consumershit, you can gayme.

>1% better IPC than Skylake

LOL

Should've gotten 6700k instead, it's just flat-out superior if you're going to overclock anyway.

DELET

DELET

For the purpose of not being a poor faggot. You can game just fine, the Xeon branding doesn't disable games. I'm not a child, though.

it is 1% increase, not 10% you math illiterate

1.23v for 4.5 is somewhat impressive

Not even that. The IPC is identical, Kaby Lake is just Skylake with slightly improved process node(in theory) and higher clocks.

reminder that jealous refers to a fear of losing something and envy is wanting what others have

so what you should've said is "U ENVIOUS?"

To do important adult mature stuff, like encoding little girl chinese cartoons

>implying you can get much higher
It's not like the jump from single cycle to pipelining.

>don't know how to read two numbers
>calling other people kids

>At least with consumershit, you can gayme.

>4.20GHZ

DUDE

do you rip the cartoons as well? I don't see the point in encoding otherwise, others already did it for you

U JELLY?

DELETE

cum on it.

post results with timestamp.

Why does bus speed drop when running at 4.5 GHz?

I recently bought a 6850k, so not really

Lul still clocks lower than my old 3930k, who /nopointinupgrading/ here?

if everyone defines the word the other way, that is what the word means

>tfw my 6700k needs 1.4v for 4.5GHZ

Feel with me Sup Forums

;_;

MODS

Why the hell would I be jelly when I own a 2500K™?

Are you trying to tell me that we have the reach a plateau on IPC?

my 2500k needs [email protected] Ghz, stop crying kiddo

>U JELLY?

i5-6400 @4.5 Ghz ... Nope not jealous

Looks like crappy lake

Kaby Lake, can't you read?

Graphene CPUs when?

Is clear that silicon reached it's limits already

I would expect double performance for half the price in 5 years boi or at least same performance for a quarter the original price

Intel sure has. But then again, that's what happens when you focus almost all of your resources on optimizing a single architecture and don't try anything new.

does it have MMX Technology?

I'm reading the specs not the ad

isnt the cpu where they put worse thermal paste on it than the ivy bridge ones?

False

Intel uses good thermal paste

the lake dried up
there is no lake

Yes, plus:
SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE4, SSE4.2, AES, AVX and a shitload more useless crap.
Doesn't have based AltiVec though, so dropped.

>1280x720
why

Language changed you dumbfuck. If somehow enough people use the word "ur mom" to replace "whore", then ur mom is a whore.

>At least with consumershit, you can gayme.
Are you implying you can't play with Xeon's?
kek

Why the hate for new instruction sets?

Also bitch is a female dog.

You're a female dog.

Because RISC and optimized code is all you need. But pajeets can't into optimization.

I've got one of them somewhere but nothing to use it in.

>4/8 Cores/Threads
>8MB Cache

Meanwhile you could get like, a Xeon 5650 and overclock it to 4.5GHz easy, and still get a better result for a ton of less money.
nice fucking technical advancements lol

It's a good implication, many older xeons just do not have the single thread power for newer games
And the point of buying a Xeon is buying an old xeon

REEEEEEEEEEE

Does it have VT-d?

Im not convinced ISA is more important than microarchitecture.

>And the point of buying a Xeon is buying an old xeon
Eh, you can get a new 4 core/8 thread xeon for about the price of an unlocked i5. That's not an unattractive option even if it'll be clocked somewhat lower.

But the modern gaming craze has been all about multicore, anything that requires a modern GPU easily at least somewhat supports multicore these days, so in fact a Xeon is no doubt better than an i7 or i5 when it comes to getting ready for "future gaming"

although maybe I'm just biased considering I got my dual E5-2670's for 40 bux

2500K here, when will it actually be time to buy a new processor?

When the microarchitecture is literally a Pentium Pro, rehashed and higer clocked every single year ad ifnfinitum, it is.
Knowing Intel, it probably won't.

The "craze" lately is realistically been limited to 2 cores and hyperthreading. Maybe DX12 can bring the upper limit to 6 cores with hyperthreading, but that's still up to the devs, who I personally have no faith in.
But like I said, xeons are good for being cheap and powerful multicore CPUs, but Intel won't ever let xeons pass their core line in IPC (which is specifically made for the best IPC). if DX12 gets big, CPU priorities are gonna start moving towards multicore quick, let's hope game developers can get off their ass

I don't know why I said "if", DX12 will get big because it's OBJECTIVELY way way better than DX11
Like DX12 or not, compared to dx11 it's revolutionary

There was a study I read that disagreed with you, so I'm just going to trust them instead of some random racist user.

No one wants a used throwaway housefire chip that was $1k new with an expensive mobo.

When they invent a new alternative to silicon.
CPU improvements have stagnated like a motherfucker.

Even then, the newest non-silicon CPU probably won't be as good as the last silicon CPU for a while

pcgamesn.com/intel/kaby-lake-release-date

>Intel are only introducing two new motherboard platforms for the 7th generation chips. At the top end will be the Z270 chipset, replacing Skylake’s existing Z170 chipset,

>Z270 chipset, replacing Skylake’s existing Z170 chipset,

What the fuck?

How many people have just upgraded/bought new builds filled with countless Z170 MBs? This is absolutely insane.

To be fair, why would they? They had something that just werks, and AMD did not have anything comparable. They saw what can happen when you experiment and try to be cutting edge (Bulldozer) and decided to keep a good thing going.

It's hard to justify billions and billions of R&D for something that might not produce an ROI. The fact that Intel can release a product that's 1-5% better than than last year's while being 10%+ more expensive and still sell it just shows you how shit the market is.

I really hope Zen is even 80% close to Intel shit. It would at least lower prices. If Zen by some miracle actually turns out good I hope Intel fucking loses the generation. They need a fucking wake up call cause 1% improvement is not going to cut it.

>4.20 GHz
fucking druggie

Kaby lake is still 1151 socket and compatible with skylake motherboards. Intel just likes to release new chipsets along with new CPUs.

Link? I'd like to see it, maybe I'm wrong.

Literally the only difference between Z170 and Z270 is optane support, and optane doesn't exist yet and was delayed AGAIN.
You don't need a new motherboard at all

I'm mostly water actually.

Could be, though they've been making pretty good improvements in the photonic CPU field already.
Silicon + photonic mix will most likely be the next big thing.
Seems like the best solution at the moment is to get something with 6 cores and just wait 6-8 years till a whole new alternative to the current tech comes out.

dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2699682

I think there's a paywall, so cough up $15

Imagine how fast everything would be if there were no Pajeets. I'm picturing a world where everything you do on the computer is instantaneous. Booting; launching applications; loading web pages; everything.

Are you me? I can't even get my 2500k past 4.1ghz

>And the point of buying a Xeon is buying an old xeon
lol back to being poor.

whatever makes you feel better about your shit chip

Its basically what devils canyon was to haswell.

HEHEHHEHHEE

Devils canyon was less than a refresh/new generation and more a attempt to jew overclockers with promise of better TIM

>at this point Intel doesn't even try anymore because ayymd is so shit it can't even compete

scaled down you dumb fuck

I'd buy one if the corresponding board wasn't $400. You can get a 6800K with its LGA2011-v3 board for $520

Where are 1366 boards 400 dollars and where can I get a decent 2011 board for under 300?

>corresponding board wasn't $400.
living the true hero life here

could also get em from china for less than 80 dollars.