Why aren't you running the best OS ever Sup Forums?

Why aren't you running the best OS ever Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But I'm running Solus, user.

I am. It's Devuan. All the good things of debian without the PMSing bitch called systemd.

Good luck with kevin net

Still SJW distro

Me too, so comfy.

Stay mad.

Slackware does not contribute to the Linux community, it never did.
Ubuntu, Fedora, Redhat, SUSE Linux are trying their best to take linux computing further by actually developing stuff. What did Slackware ever do. It's been there for ages. It survived so long but yet to achieve ANYthing. Much like a cockroaches that survived ice age but never really obtained anything meaning full like Dinosaurs or Mammoths.
This might hurt you but Slackware community is a poison that Linux has no use for. What did they ever contribute to? Developing/contributing to BTRFS? Snapper? Kcraft/Kernel hotpatching? FreeDesktop? GNOME? KDE? Wayland? Mir? Snaps? Flatpak? LXC containers? OpenZFS? OBS? Convergence? KVM? High-end Xeon (or instanbul) support? GRO? Systemd-ui/kcm? KIWI?

I'll tell you what slackware ever did: Bitch and moan about systemd - because bitching and moaning is ONLY what Slackware is good for. It's pathetic and has a negative effect on the community.

The slackware userbase is just as pretentious: they never did anything productive because they are too busy in going to online forums to show off their manual dependency management skills instead of getting real things done. They will NOT like to admit there's no dependancy management because there's a sever lack of devs as mentioned in the number one reason in Slackware faqs. They'll BLINDLY follow what their cult leader do: use an abandonware bootloader and preach its superiority over any other bootloaders, or sperg about how vanilla their distro is.
When they are asked why they use the distro they ALL will give you the same brainwashed, mindless response: "Because of stability".
The users seem to forget the simple fact that Slackware does NOT fix ANY (again: ANY) upstream bugs. So if there's any bug in x-org or gtk, those packages will be just as buggy in Slackware as in Ubuntu. They just seem to forget that Slackware isn't more stable than other distros with the SAME bugs that causes instability.
Some of them will claim "Slackware doesn't have distro specific bugs"
However as I write this Slackware has had total of 35 security vulnerabilities: 9 of which is DoS, 13 remote code excecution, 10 Overflows, a memory corruption, a login bypass and 3 privilege esclations. (CVE details)

Now I know what you are thinking: "I should put my feet on the backpedal and claim it has ((less)) distro specific bugs"
Excuse me? I heard slackware is a "vanilla distro". If it were SO great, why are there vanilla bugs. If you are comparing to distros that are ten times more usable like ubuntu, I'd trade those bugs with usability and productivity. Ubuntu has paid, professional maintainers unlike an unemployed community of hobbyists.

I think we should completely exile them, they can move to BSD or some other garbage.

Oh look 39 BMI is back
None of the pajeets at freedesktop will ever be your boyfriend, no need to keep shilling for their products.

Arc/KDE master race report

calm down

>another epic systemd contrarian hipster

mfw

get rekt

Being against systemD is wrong?Yes people should be able to choose their init system or not even care about it.But the problem is people no longer can choose their init system as everything is becoming dependant on systemD on a retarded level.This takes everyone into a situation where in if Lennart Cuckering decides to make a retarded change in systemD we'd all need to just take it up the ass and accept it because there's no other init system and or way to run programs without systemD

Basically this.

Stop the shilling, poettering fanboys.

I like having access to more programs and games.

>Being against systemD is wrong?
Yes
>people should be able to choose their init system or not even care about it.
True
>But the problem is people no longer can choose their init system as everything is becoming dependant on systemD on a retarded level.
That's why being against systemd is wrong. But if your hobby dictates otherwise then keep your vegan init shilling to yourself, no need to tell strangers how "good" being vegan feels like.
>This takes everyone into a situation where in if Lennart Cuckering decides to make a retarded change in systemD we'd all need to just take it up the ass and accept it
No, fork it. It's GPL
>because there's no other init system and or way to run programs without systemD
what

And what on earth is not letting you have access to them on Slackware?

Wayland

That's why I'm using Windows.

>everything is becoming dependant on systemD
>f Lennart Cuckering decides to make a retarded change in systemD

Are we on wangblows or what? Of course wining and threatening other people with death is easier.

He said programs, not malwares

I can't get elilo to boot in the right resolution.

A kurva istenit! :DDDDDDDDD

Elilo's no longer maintaned.Just use Grub or since you're running UEFI just use efibootmgr to boot directly into your kernel without the need for a bootloader.

Those are very authoritarian statements you got there

damn I guess you must hate the linux kernel then too. all this dependency!

unless you make your own OS, you're dependent, dont be delusional.

No wonder I run a distro that has a BDFL.

>implying

Because I'm a straight white european male, unlike you, dirty subhuman nigger,
Linux is for gypsies who can't afford windows license and virgin neet faggots who needs a hobby to keep themselves alive.
kys yourself

>gayland will never look this good

Great, systemdicks shills are shitposting now. Abandon thread.

Your H1B visa doesn't make you white, rajapajeet

It's just me

>in4 report this faggot
I'm reporting myself kek

>european
>straight

why do you imply I live in burgerland, muriclap?
Do you think I'd enjoy living in police state with fascists government?

Are slackware packages stable?

The users seem to forget the simple fact that Slackware does NOT fix ANY (again: ANY) upstream bugs. So if there's any bug in x-org or gtk, those packages will be just as buggy in Slackware as in Ubuntu. They just seem to forget that Slackware isn't more stable than other distros with the SAME bugs that causes instability.
However as I write this Slackware has had total of 35 security vulnerabilities: 9 of which is DoS, 13 remote code excecution, 10 Overflows, a memory corruption, a login bypass and 3 privilege esclations. (CVE details)

Ahhh.... you do realize that Slackware does receive security updates and also updates to fix bugs right?

Slackware doesn't fix any bugs.

If there's a security bug in transmission, the transmission team will fix it upstream and Slackware will bring tthe patch to their repo.

Slackware is not magic, it's just a linux distro.

eat shit Lennart

But the same can be said about glibc.

It's hard to name any glibc dev, so not good shiposting material.

un-fucking-fortunately

Understandable.

Can you elaborate without resorting to "bug-feature" discussion? Like what is wrong with it and why hasn't anyone replaced it?

>No, fork it. It's GPL

So I should lose support and have to maintain my own package for not agreeing with developers retarded decisions like a http daemon or QR code scanner in an init system?

>Yes
Archcuck words for "I lack a technical argument"

> no need to tell strangers how "good" being vegan feels like.

Systemd only gets hated on in Sup Forums when:
1. OP is just retarded and is following Sup Forums memes
2. Someone else brings it up
3. "Arch is minimal" (lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html)

>what

GNOME and most likely other softwares, remember when a tmux maintainer in Debian said he would be **fine** with adding a dependency to systemd on libtmux on Debian?

but I am

>Windows 10

>So I should lose support and have to maintain my own package for not agreeing with developers retarded decisions like a http daemon or QR code scanner in an init system?
I'm not the person you're arguing with but this is literally developers' decision. They must've thought it was the best thing ever and went with it. So you somehow get to make decisions on someone else's project?

And to be honest no better alternative to it shows it's not as bad as people claim it is.

slackware

What the fuck?

>So I should lose support and have to maintain my own package for not agreeing with developers retarded decisions like a http daemon or QR code scanner in an init system?
Yeah you should, if your autism compels you to. Fortunately actual devs and employed people do not care.

>QR code
If you need QR code module you fucking enable it you fucking brainless fucktard. It's like complaining about the (mainline) kernel hooks that are not enabled by default. Only pre-teen edgy neo Sup Forums babbies like you like to fume their little mouth about the things they learnt from Sup Forums buzzwords.

It's like bitching and moaning about logind while ALL logind variables are DISABLED by default. Some hipster wrote a blog about systemd shipping logind and fucking little brainlet NEETs lost their mind on how systemd "consumed" udev.
What a fucking joke!

>GNOME
Yes GNOME comes from RedHat, like systemd. However if your little kid's brain concludes that GNOME is currently dependant on systemd it's LAUGHABLE. GNOME works in FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD and many other OS/distros that does not have systemd.

Your debshit repo maintainer decided to add the systemd dep. Go cry in your SJW IRC hugbox and create a scene there, little fucking faggot.

It's funny how Sup Forums babbies fall for jealous *BSD fags' FUDs so easily.
If you don't like systemd, fork it or use some edgy distro/OS or fuck off back to windows.

Reminder that anti systemd FUDs originate from BSD shitstains because they cannot stand any advancement of Linux. Gullible NEETs and illiterate kids blindly fall for this meme.

They really should of blatantly used the Dobbshead logo from day one

My first distro. It will always has a special place in my heart.

>Go cry in your SJW IRC hugbox
You do know that Lennart is a huge SJW, right?

Because Arch is a thing. Latest stable packages from upstream. What else could you ask for?

slackware is a good distro, i learned how Linux works under the hood on slackware, and am grateful to Pat V for it, but lately i been messing around with two other distros, antiX which is a non-systemd distro based on debian and Salix which is slackware for lazy slackers, i use one distro one day, then the next day boot up the other one,

i would try Arch if it did not drink the systemD koolaide

>linux
>good
Pick one

Is it worth it? Is it all unstable and shit?

what resolution is that? the vga codes for displays that would have been "exotic" in 1994 are horribly documented, but I think I managed to find the code for mine (1440x900)

>Slackware does not contribute to the Linux community, it never did.
what is dialog?

>Ubuntu has paid, professional maintainers unlike an unemployed community of hobbyists.
Slackware devs (all 6 of them) are paid, professional employees. It is a for-profit company.

but that shit is copyrighted by the Church

So much this, systemd is destroying choice. But also the shitty attitudes and fucking arrogance of the dev team, like the time they tried to bully the the tmux dev to make systemd a dependency. Fuck Red Hat for empowering them for there own ends.