Why have you not joined the 4K OLED master race yet?

Why have you not joined the 4K OLED master race yet?

i'm poor

Don't need it.

Because I'm not mentally retarded.

my next monitor purchase will be replacing my two x 24 (1920x1200) setup with a single curved screen 4K monitor. hopefully by then they will have perfected the tech and will be cheaper as well

rollan with prophetic statements

GNU is not Unix!

>4k OLED

you are like little baby

i have 4096K screen

it works by igniting the quantum foam tiny pixels

because i dont feel like spending five thousand dollars on a HUGE expensive television that would make my livingroom so hot that i would have to run the air conditioner even in the winter time

Because 4K wastes battery, also OLEDs waste more battery and have screen burn in.

My 40" 4K is arriving on Friday. I'm excited as hell.

>No HDR
why even bother?

Mine is 4K HDR OLED. Image retention is still an issue but it has many safeguards to prevent it being permanent. It looks gorgeous. I can never go back to HD plasma now. My main issue is that HDMI 2.0b does not support 4:4:4 colorspace above 30Hz (well it does theoretically go to 51.something Hz but they did not include it). I can't believe they did not include displayport as standard.

I just bought a 40" 4k ips for 50$, why buy oled, so expensive

OLED TVs support HDR. The ones from this year do anyways.

mostly all video is in 480p 720p or 1080p resolution. i see no reason to get a 4k tv for this very reason.

>still watching cable on 32 inch tv
>standard definition through the red white and yellow cable

i'm okay with this actually

Do you not pirate movies or watch netflix? I have 2 4k TVs and I don't even have cable.

>40" 4k ips for 50$
Wut

LG's 55" 4K OLED (B6 or C6) are regularly on sale for $1500 last few weeks.

See above. Supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision.

IPS has shit contrast, which contrary to Sup Forums's opinion, is a bigger factor in overall picture quality than 8-bit vs.10-bit color, or color in general (our eyes are far more sensitive to contrast than color).

I very seriously considered buying one, but I ended up getting a non-OLED for half the price so I could buy two (one for my parents for Christmas).

OLED and TVs in general have not so stellar input lag though.

She looks like she's really enjoying herself.

Not him but I'm curious how you set them up. I just want to wirelessly stream video from my pc to tv, but not gay limited shit like chromecast. Full desktop or screen, whatever I'm viewing, HD. Is steam link a dumb idea for this?

used from china, but with an ebay moneyback garuntee

Crippling poverty tbhfam.

Because my IPS 2560x1440 is still working after 7 years.

I thought we agree'd that hdr was meme? Or did we did change our mind?

>OLED
Way too expensive and refresh rates are low. But the color quality really is good. However, I wouldn't buy one for the next few years until it improves.

My advice is to buy a 40" 4K TV as your main monitor instead of buying 27" 4K IPS screens. With a 4K TV, you'll be able to run it at native res with no scaling.

I recently purchased a 4K UHD 40" TV and it's been an amazing transformation. I'd never go back to anything smaller. You have so much space. And there's no bezels from multiple screens.

And for programming, it's a GOAT because you can have 2x more lines of text on the screen and the text is sharp as a tack.

3840x3840 24" OLED when?

waiting for high refresh rates and low input lag

Oled's are virtually lagless in their native resolution

I have nowhere to put one seen as I'm a neet who doesn't even have their own room.

moot is OLED

user it's time to stop using batteries for your TV.

I'm too poor and still using a stock Thinkpad T61 and Moto OG as my daily drivers. Forget about owning a TV.

I hardly watch my TV as it is

I'm poor and focused instead on higher refresh rate.

>LG's 55" 4K OLED (B6 or C6) are regularly on sale for $1500 last few weeks.

I just can not justify spending $1500 on a TV.

No room, no money and no necessity

OLED still costs way too much for a screen that has a usable life of under 5 years.
Even if a nice VA/IPS screen won't be top of the line anymore, a 4k LCD will be usable in some greater capacity for a decade in all likelihood.

Cause I'm poor

Just bought one, still wondering if I should've bought a curved one

>extreme pixel degradation
>burn-in

>OLED

maybe i'll buy one years from now when all the problems with OLEDs are fixed or mitigated. im not rich enough to justify buying an extremely expensive screen that isnt gonna be functional within a year or two.

This, I have literally no money

55EC930V

oled will never be good enough