What's route towards a non-touch screen 3G keyboard phone specifically for web browsing, alongside sms/call...

what's route towards a non-touch screen 3G keyboard phone specifically for web browsing, alongside sms/call? Touchscreen is a worthless gimmick but the market for new dumb phones seem to be just catered to seniors/"internet detox" freaks. all I want out of extra features on a portable device is high productivity web browsing - have there been android/cyanogen ports for all-keyboard browser apps like vimperator? I think there are some older dumb phone models running android.

Just get a BlackBerry Classic, it has a touchscreen but you've also got a keyboard and trackpad to work with.

How's the browser app on it? got tabs?

>what is blackberry passport
you can scroll with the touchsensitive keyboard
altho I wouldnt recommand any blackberry shit

It's my favourite browser, and of course

Why wouldn't you recommend the best phones? And the Classic's a better choice, Passport's keyboard functions as a trackpad but not to the extent the Classic's actual trackpad does, not to mention that the Passport lacks the rest of the toolbelt. It is a great phone though, just got one a few weeks ago and love it.

yes. main downside is that BB OS 10 is dead. That user should have told you to get a BlackBerry Priv

It's not dead yet, and being a dying OS doesn't mean it's not the best one.

It is, the very reason why the Priv which has been out for a year now never had a BBOS edition released is because BBOS is dead.

Again, it's not dead yet. It is definitely dying, but isn't dead.

It is dead, I havent received an update for my Q10 in god knows how long.

There's at least one more update coming out and is therefore not dead, not to mention BlackBerry stated that their releasing an Android phone doesn't mean there will be no future BB10OS phones.

>every phone since the Priv has been Android
>BB has said they will stop developing phones and just rebrand other phones
>BBOS has no apps
I'm sure BBOS isnt dead. Just wait till Samsung buys out and kills of Blackberry for less competition in the MDM sphere.

>every phone since the Priv has been Android
And?
>BB has said they will stop developing phones and just rebrand other phones
And what's stopping BlackBerry from putting BB10OS on a phone not made by BlackBerry?
>BBOS has no apps
If only it could run the apps of another platform with a large app library. Oh wait, that's right, BB10OS can run Android apps.

10/10 argument

>And what's stopping BlackBerry from putting BB10OS on a phone not made by BlackBerry?
development costs

>If only it could run the apps of another platform with a large app library.
they're slow as shit buggy, the only android apps I tried were Waze and Chase online banking. Waze would constantly lag, and the it was faster to use Chase's website than the android app.

>development costs
Sure thing
>they're slow as shit buggy, the only android apps I tried were Waze and Chase online banking. Waze would constantly lag, and the it was faster to use Chase's website than the android app
This is of course only anecdotal, but so was your rebuttal so I'm sure you won't mind. Every Android app I've needed works great, even the few games I play work.

I'm not a fan of the proportions of the passport. I thought the classic has the keyboard too? how is that, it's a really interesting concept.

Palm pre is the ideal direction to follow, if only it had been, imo. wish wannabe FOSS droidfags would explore alternatives like webOS as a model rather than just cyano's android imitation. or are they?

i miss my droid, they need to bring back slideout kbs, touchscreens suck dick.

suck dick for typing I mean.

anyone know anything about the n900? someone told me the chinese like it, there's supposedly some black market motherboard upgrade that can make it as powerful as a laptop. it's running maemo 5

Passport and Priv are the only ones with the keyboard trackpad. As for how it is, I'm still getting used to it but I love it so far. Being able to move the cursor with the keyboard when editing text is amazing, scrolling in webpages with the keyboard is pretty neat too. It's the next best thing to a dedicated trackball or trackpad (both on a phone would be pretty sweet)

someone also told me the chinese eat their own kids for super powers
that must be true, how else can they be kings of manufacturing!

There is an aftermarket upgrade for it, it costs a shit ton and turns an old low specced phone into an old phone with slightly less old low specced internals.

>dedicated trackball
I have a blackberry curve, the trackball had problems getting dirty. trackpad would be better

>Sure thing
If development costs dont matter why have there been so many rounds of lay offs over the past couple years.

doesn't it feel too wide?

Yes.

>I have a blackberry curve, the trackball had problems getting dirty. trackpad would be better
And I've got an ADP1, I loved having a trackball. To each his own.
>If development costs dont matter why have there been so many rounds of lay offs over the past couple years
Where did I say development costs don't matter?

It's pretty wide but you get used to it. I really do prefer my Q10 but I wanted something different, definitely can't say I regret it.

>tfw hp will never make a WebOS device again
Posted from my HP Touchpad running WebOS 3.0