This is an Amazon interview question

This is an Amazon interview question.

Other urls found in this thread:

rajk.me/amazon-interview-experience/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why even bother taking it?

What in the fuck position are you applying for?

Obviously the second option

$$$$$
rajk.me/amazon-interview-experience/

I'm not the guy.

Who fucking cares. Kill yourself, retard.

mad?

>Not posting the part about how their test software records your face
>A CS student being too dumb to run it in a virtual machine so it doesnt have access to any of your real hardware

Fuck this dystopian shit. Who /FC/ here?

Don't worry dude, chill out. Everything is fine.

it's D you mongoloid

not technology

They taught us in school never to read the passages in standardized tests, it takes too long.
Just read the answers and skim through the passage until you find the answer.

Is it D?
I didn't even read the questions.

looks like a simple reading test. D is obviously the answer. All you had to do was read the last sentence

It's B you blithering idiot. It can't be D, because D isn't INFERRED. It's directly stated in the text.

On the other hand, the paragraph lists both pros (helps authors find out what fans want/expect) and cons (steals the spotlight from the author's original story) of fanfiction, but doesn't directly state "Fan fiction websites have both pros and cons for authors." That's information that you INFER.

Retard.

Don't know if you're trolling or what. D would be correct if you ignore the entire question and only focus on the last sentence making it no more correct than C. B summarizes the entire question question.

you're a faggot
wanna guess how i came to that conclusion?

>can be best inferred
they're asking what the gist of the article is, which is D

it's basic literacy

>A - Reading fiction books fosters people's imagination as they come up with interesting alternate versions
Literally is the question posed at the beginning

>B - Fan fiction websites have pros and cons for the authors
The entire text says this

>C - Some authors feel that they created a good story, but it is not appreciated as much as the fan fiction versions.
"But some authors believe that their efforts of rendering a good story become futile when fans come up with their own version of the story and are accoladed for it" - This supports this answer, but ignores the remainder of the text.

>D - Authors believe that fans should come up with an original story to showcase their imagination
"If you have it in you, why not come up with something new?" - This does not support this answer, not only does answer state "Author", as in not some but one would assume all. It goes against the rest of the text.

>can't even be bothered to plug "infer" into google to avoid embarrassing himself further

Hint: It's not a synonym for summarize. Not that D would be a good summary either.

>they're asking what the gist of the article is

FAIL

>it's basic literacy
Maybe you're right, I don't think you are, I'm not even english native speaker and I think you're wrong. I stand by

christ you're all fucking retarded.
B is inferred.

>tfw you pass two easy phone screens, intern with Amazon and then they offer you over 100k starting

I think I'd go with B but all the answers are 'possible', I think this might be a personality test question rather than a reading comprehension question.

>This does not support this answer, not only does answer state "Author", as in not some but one would assume all. It goes against the rest of the text.

I excluded D for the same reason, the answer suggests that the opinion is universal but the article only states that 'some authors' hold the opinion.

Your answer is right, but your reasoning is off. The question asks which answer can be inferred from the text. To infer means to derive a conclusion that is supported, but not explicitly stated. Options A, C, and D are all directly stated in the paragraph. Option B "Fan fiction websites have both pros and cons" is arrived at (or inferred) by observing that the paragraph presents both pros and cons of fan fiction, though it does not explicitly say this.

Basically, for this question you have the pick the answer that says

"Alternate versions are good, I never stop thinking about a problem even after it's complete"

This relates to code, because you solve a problem with one method. But is it the best solution? Maybe, maybe not. So you keep thinking about it like you keep thinking about an ending of a story.

OP is applying for a job as a warehouse associate not a coder

>only states that 'some authors' hold the opinion.
Which according to the text, only some authors hold that particular opinion, while others, not mentioned don't seem to have the same opinion as suggested by this passage below.

>"But some authors believe that their efforts of rendering a good story become futile when fans come up with their own version of the story and are accoladed for it"

Like I said, not a native english speaker, although my reasoning may be different than others because autism.

Doesn't matter, the same principle applies to everything.

"I stacked that box. My task is complete but I think I can do it a better faster way next time."

>implying Amazon hasn't already come up with the most mathematically efficient method of box stacking possible that it requires all employees to use

I would select A

>all these people ignoring the sentence about authors using fan fiction as market research for sequels
B. The waffle answer is the correct answer, as usual.

I used to work at amazon, customer service though. They are surprisingly liberal about what you can do. Hell, we could do whatever we wanted pretty much as long as we got good responses from people, and stayed under a certain amount of $ per concession.

I guess ama if anyone's interested, I can tell you some internal stuff.

I took this exact exam last month. I thought I did ok but I didn't pass. It caught me off guard because I thought the questions would be simple.

any good ways to power game them?

so not on the topic of reading comprehension, pic related.

quoting from some comment on the HN post,

>The environment of the second test was like a scenario out of Black Mirror. Not only did they want to have the webcam and microphone on the entire time, I also had to install their custom software so the proctors could monitor my screen and control my computer. They opened up the macOS system preferences so they could disable all shortcuts to take screenshots, and they also manually closed all the background services I had running (even f.lux!).

>Then they asked me to pick up my laptop and show them around my room with the webcam. They specifically asked to see the contents of my desk and the walls and ceiling of my room. I had some pencil and paper on my desk to use as scratch paper for the obvious reasons and they told me that wasn't allowed. Obviously that made me a little upset because I use it to sketch out examples and concepts. They also saw my phone on the desk and asked me to put it out of arm's reach.

anyone else dealt with this kind of stuff?

that sucks user. some of the questions with the 6 people are sitting in a circle were kind of tricky, took a while. thankfully i'm pretty sure amazon is the only significant company that does this kind of stuff

threaten to give them a no on the email they send you. On the bit where it says Did we solve your problem. They're real hardasses about that, you need 10 yeses per every no to have average metrics.

Aside from that if you get an Indian sounding name you're in luck, those cunts give money away like candy. If you say something's late, even if it isn't, they'll probably give you a shipping refund or upgrade shipping if it hasn't shipped.

Also, know that at the end of the day, you're always right. Unless you contact them all the time, consistently asking for stuff, they won't ban you. They'll just give you the stuff eventually, if you go through to the manager especially.

ty user

>I guess ama if anyone's interested, I can tell you some internal stuff.
Please teach me how to go about getting some product replaced or get a refund. What works?

The answer is B.

>Why not A?
There's no evidence presented that reading fiction books BOOSTS peoples imaginations. It might trigger it, or maybe they're just already imaginative. You cannot infer that based on what is presented.

>What not C?
While true that the passage states some authors don't like fanfiction getting accolades, it never states that fanfiction writing gets MORE accolades than the original work. You cannot infer that from the text.

Why not D?
D is true for SOME authors, but not all. Therefore it is false. It cannot be inferred from the text that all authors feel that way.

B is the only option remaining and the passage presents both a pro and a con for authors.

I don't think that's the main reason why D isn't correct. I thought that "the showcase their imagination" part was the part that can't be inferred from the text, although it's a reasonable guess.

>the actual test is if you can successfully cheat at the test

>question at the beginning
>paragraph not really part of the question or relevant to it
>answer choices have nothing to do with the actual question

who the fuck wrote this?

this thread is a great argument for basic reading comprehension questions like this, im amazed by how many of you got it wrong.