Been using linux for a year now. Getting pretty good at it. Have a ubuntu all set up...

Been using linux for a year now. Getting pretty good at it. Have a ubuntu all set up. Is it time for me to migrate to gentoo or another distro? Looking specific for being respected at gnu-linux community.

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/to-Sup
gnu.org/distros/free-distros.en.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8NEUfm986QU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dafaq is this, chicken leg soup?

>being respected at gnu-linux community

>should i migrate my setup for literally no reason

No. Distrohoppers should be executed.

Actually looks more like pig feet

Those are feet, not legs. Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?

Are you 13?
Nobody fucking cares.
Use whatever distro that suits you.

But OP needs sempai to notice him!

joke aside, I really think that going thought the process of installing gentoo would make me a better user. Am I wrong?

A foot is a part of a leg.

No, it's time for you to do something with your life.

I'm doing. I'm graduating as a Software Engineer

If you're just switching distros to get Sup Forums-cred, you should just stick with Ubuntu. If you're genuinely interested in seeing what else is out there, go for it. Get Virtualbox, download some ISOs and play around with them.

>Pig feet
Retard.

I watched a installation tutorial on youtube about installing gentoo, didn't seem that complicated but there was somethings I didn't understand. What should I learn before diving in? Like computer architecture or something else...

>Getting pretty good at it.

Protip: it's an operating system, not a fucking track meet or something you practice at for hours on end just to "get pretty good at it," son.

And people wonder why Linux sucks, I mean really.

yeah?! so you know how to do everything on linux? from seq to sed to wpa supplicant? All the commands?
That's what I'm talking about. Getting better, knowing more about the system, it's capabilities and syntax

>Sup Forums in charge of animals

probably duck foot, the picture looks like a traditional chinese 'medicine'
i ate some when i was in taiwan, it was pretty fucking nasty

Aspic. :^) Good for your joints but a bit disgusting.

Why chinks eat chicken feet? Do they just throw other parts of chicken in the trash?

>being respected at gnu-linux

Looks like they chopped off that mutant indians hand

RIP

yes they throw the whole chicken away and only eat the feet

I don't care about the stuff in OP's pic, but good fung jau is fucking godly.

It would probably give you a slightly deeper knowledge of how your OS functions, but I doubt it would really impact your productivity if you're going at it with the goal of being more l33t.

More likely you'll be less productive as an OS like Gentoo is going to be pretty fragile unless you know how to maintain and troubleshoot it.

/thread

Are you able to use the full capabilities of the powershell?

going from ubuntu to gentoo is like going from a walk in the park to climbing El Capitan,

good luck, you're going to need it

Literally pig food.

if you are trying to be a sysadmin then yes

Your breakfast rashers literally spend their whole life rolling around in their own shit.

>Looking specific for being respected at gnu-linux community.

Then don't use Gentoo:
>stallman.org/to-Sup Forums.html

Rather one of those:
>gnu.org/distros/free-distros.en.html

Protip:
Those "politically correct" distros are not necessarily that great. I love my Linux Mint with all that *gasp* proprietary drivers and codecs.

>Been using linux for a year now. Getting pretty good at it.

What do you mean?
Do you know how to open a console and know basic commands like ls, man, ps?
Can you add users?
Do you look for drivers by yourself?
Do you write your custom made bash/python scripts?

There's a lot of ground to cover here..

Also:
>good luck, you're going to need it

This.

Even if you plan to go gentoo or arch in the future, I'd say choose something in between as a next step.

It also depends on your purpose, software developers would use a different distro than pentesters, science guys would use a different distro than gaymers.

I'd stick with what you know and favor. You can try different distros easily VM/Flash Drive to kind of see what's out there. Personally I really dig my Manjaro setup which I would have never tried if I didn't try Windows 10 and see that MS doubled down on the retardation of Windows 8. I was going to stick with Win7 but took the plunge for a desktop Linux solution and it's doable and usable. It still has major weaknesses.

Vietnamese breed special chickens for this and they look hilarious.

so fedora is on as "free" but it is also in the "not necessarily" bracket

please delte this

What's the problem?

If you say "I don't care about freedom" doesn't mean you are not allowed to use free distros if they suit your needs.

that is one disgusting creature

youtube.com/watch?v=8NEUfm986QU