/SDG/ Surface Devices Genral

Welcome to /SDG/. A friendly and welcoming general for all information related to the various Surface Devices.
Welcome to the future Sup Forumsuys. Enjoy your stay.

can it linux?

don't have a book but got a pro 2. Can run ubuntu and mint from my experience. Touch screen works and so does the pen (though right clicking doesn't).

Quite well.

I'm waiting for the 2nd gen Surface Book. Hopefully it will have a built in stand like the surface pro's have then its truly both a laptop and a tablet. Its awkward trying to use the SB in tablet form since I don't have a case to prop it up with.

Keyboard also works. The only major issue I've had was setting up linux for audio stuff. One of the main reasons why I still dual-boot.

>tfw too poor to afford a surface book

wait 2 years for sales or go on craiglist

should give up Linux so you can get a real corporate job that pays a decent wage, chap.

are surface books literally microshaft making mac-tier jewish crap. If so I'm not getting one

Oh look a college freshman who has never applied for a real job or even an internship.

Over half of the job postings that I found online when searching required Linux experience.
Now I work in robotics where Linux is pretty much required everywhere, and believe me I get paid a lot.

I was only pulling your chain but now that you came out with that last statement of yours, post your W2 otherwise, you're lying.

No, they are actually high quality parts and innovative designs that aren't just marketing ploys. You pay a premium but you ARE getting quality in return.

Example, my surface book has been running flawlessly since I purchased it late last year. Around that same time, I bought a Lenovo miix which has battery issues and random crashes even after several clean rebuilds.

This is not to say that MS can't sell their products for less but I do think they are intentionally selling them at a higher cost in order to get that 'top tier' reputation that apple has.

Why the fuck would I post my W2 on Sup Forums?

I really like Microsoft brand stuff of recent years. I love my SP3 and the book looks amazing although I would not buy it. I like their phones, I wish they had more of a market share there.

well, when you're easily triggered like this, I'm sure your insecurity would most likely lead you to comply to save face (even though we're anonymous). But the fact that you're not willing to comply leaves me no other choice other than to assume you're a broke ass joke. I mean, its not like you couldn't black out the non-relevant and self identifying information...

linux can't touch, though

Will surface book be affordable next black Friday or when

>Anybody having to prove anything to you on this Pakistani smoke signal enthusiast forum

Is there anywhere selling the new powervase by itself?
Not looking to spend 2k again

*Power base

Surface 5 when?

How do you guys feel about not being able to open your devices?

I bought a surface pro 4 i7 8GB ram 256 GB hdd for black friday despite having a surface pro 3 i5 4GB 128 (goit it 2 or 3 years ago though)

what do with the older one?

I actually would have liked a surface book but they don't sell them in my country (wtf microsoft?)

my gf has some basic surface thing with an ARM chip in it. fucking worst idea ever.

what's the cheapest surface to get that's still usable (and x86/64 obv)?

Think the Surface Book will have less weird headphone jack placement? I mean ideally it should be on the lower half of the display, rather than the top.

>Pakistani smoke signal enthusiast forum
Shit, I thought this was a Kenyan penis pumping congregation.

>Spend $3,299 on the Microsoft Surface Book Laptop
>It literally Can Not be closed properly

surface pro 3 at least

So I've been on the fence about getting a surface 3 or Dells Venue 11( 7140 New one with a core M, not the fucking awful 7130) Girlfriend has a Surface Pro 3 which she uses for university, but I think it's too big for my liking, would love same specs at Surface 3 size, but I don't need something that powerful anyway. Anyone have either of them? Can currenlty get a better price on the Surface 3, but seems like the Dell is more powerful.

Fuck off shill

posting from my pro 3
AMA

I have a Surface 3 and use it for uni note-taking mostly, its' resolution is less than the SP3, but that means more battery, and 1920x1280 with godly 3:2 aspect ratio is plenty at under 11 inches. The display is nuts in general, text is crazy sharp, it's incredibly color-accurate, and the ntrig-digitizer with a SP4-pen is amazing aswell, no wacom-like parallax-issues, different pen-tips, etc.
I also use it for Photoshop drawing and some really light gaming, and it handles everything like a champ.

I read somewhere the atom-processor provides sth around 80% of the cheapest-SP3-performance, without the heat-issues and longer battery-life.

can recommend, just sucks you have to buy the pen and type cover extra, and the Surface 3 typecover is unobtainium where I'm at right now and I have to wait like 4 weeks for it.

Can you program well on the Surface Book?

This thing is the worst computer you can fucking buy. Its like $2000 and its a tablet with a keyboard. Are you people serious?

>This thing is the worst computer you can fucking buy.
But it doesn't have an Applel logo.

But it has a Microsoft logo

I'd rather have this thing than any Microsoft made product. Convertible laptop tablet things are fucking cancer for mouth breathing normie retards who want to prod at their screen. I'm glad Apple didn't buy into this meme and instead made a higher quality display. I'll take dynamic function keys. A detachable screen means you have to leave half of your laptop somewhere when you don't want the laptop half, at least make it a 360 degree hinge like some Yoga shit.

>HURR HURR LOOK AT HOW RETARDED I CAN BE

Why not just make a more simple 360 degree hinge instead of this surface stratching shit?

Yeah. I'd much rather have a 360 degree flip-book meme laptop so I can lay my keys and touchpad on the table surface and them them get scratched to shit on a $100 table rather than preserve my $1500 laptop.

Interesting point. I still dislike touchscreen laptops though.

Selling my Macbook Pro and iPad Pro for a Surface Book with P. Dock

Good decision?

Yes.

Sure, I program in Visual Studio on my SP4 (entry model) just fine. The keyboard on the SP4 feels great, and everything runs fine. I imagine a Surface Book would be even better. Just less portable.

This. A real laptop needs a touch strip dedicated to emojis, fuck functionality.

Fuck off with these generals for every little thing.

my surfacebook can

every time i see OPs pic i just imagine it snapping.

Surface Phone when?