therefore

140 = 2

therefore

70 = 1

if x has 3 * 1 then y has 5 * 1 which = 5 * 70 which = 350

That is some fucked up thought process

Are you retarded?

350 canadian Zs

ambiguous. jenny could get the other five-eighths as well as the three-eighths.

American education tier

560 = 8
x = 3

x = 210

560 - 210 = 350

You too, how about 5/8*560

>Can you be a hacker if you don't know maths

no.

So what's the difference if you answer A or C?

the difference is that A is a bait answer to remove people like you from the pool of candidates, while C is the correct answer.

>how many zeds will Ann get?

so all answers are expressed in zeds, then answer A is "3/8 zeds" which is wrong.

an alternative formulation of why A is wrong is to think of how to answer in a full sentence given the question.

"Ann will get ___ zeds." is the correct way.

Got it. Anal retentive. But I understand.

Thats actually a pretty easy way to break down large numbers into its contituents for fraction.

560 = 8 (full 8/8)
280 = 4 (4/8)
140 = 2 (2/8)
70 = 1(1/8)

Jenny = 70 * 3
Ann = 70 * (8-3)

Its best to understand the basics first and then you can do large numbers easy in the head.

You can say 5/8 of the total amount

> 5/8 of the total amount

well i can also be anal retentive and say that a a fraction with natural factors of a natural number is trivial and need not be shown

in fact this whole question is offensive, i would just walk away if the job interviewer asked that

i don't get why the answer isn't 280, they divided the zeds between themselves and there are only two of them
and then it goes on to talk about how much money they make which is very rude
and also what is a zed

tree fiddy

if you can't do that in your head, you have some kind of brain damage

560 ÷ 8 × 5 = 350

>560 = 8
What did he mean by this?

Install Solus, use Python

>yfw Sup Forums cant solve this

It's cross multiplication. 560 above x equals 8 above 3. Haven't you gone past 8th grade?

The / character exists for a reason you ape

If he didn't understand the previous post do you think he'd understand a "/"? I was just making it easy for the mentally handicapped. Also, the = character also exists, but that doesn't mean you can't write "equal". Go shitpost somewhere else, kid

>kid
You're the one doing retarded middle school shit when all that's necessary is 560*5/8. And yes, I would understand a / because that's universally accepted as indicating division. The only mentally handicapped thing I see right now is your belief that writing a second equation under the first indicates that each term in the second is actually the denominator to a term in the first. Have you even seen a system of equations before? They're typically written with one equation above another. How could this be, if writing one line over another should be interpreted as division?
>American education tier
At least we understand basic mathematical notation.

Cow is -2, sheep is 4

Nice damage control

Are you all retarded?
Why wouldn't you just find ⅝ of 560 directly? You don't even have to do it in your head because of how ubiquitous calculators are.

idk if i did right im high shcool dropout -

jenny = 560/8
jenny = annie * 3

annie = 560 - jenny

annie = 350