AMD Radeon RX 490 - Spotted on Retail Site - Benchmarks Revealed

prisguide.no/produkt/amd-radeon-rx-490-265669

wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-490-gpu-listing-benchmarks/

Please be real and not another Fury x disappointment...

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-rx-490-4k-spotted-benchmarks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck that, it's going to be shit, just like the rx480.

>amd
>not an inherent disappointment

NVIDIA IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT!

>Better than 1070 in dx11
>fury x 50% gains or more from vulkan and dx12
>slap 50% onto those scores for vulkan and dx12 from hbm
Holy shit.

Now for the love of god, AMD please fix your VM reset issue. My passthrough needs this.

>My passthrough
Kill yourself

NO TUX, NO BUX

Why this card isn't overhyped? AMD: Another Massive Disappointment?

is there anything wccftech wouldn't accept as a source?
like, if I take a huge dump and smear "RX 490 comes out on december 14." on a wall with my shit, would they write an article about it?

I'll believe it when I see it. 480 is equal to slightly better/worse depending on game devs vs 1060. I honestly wouldn't go AMD unless you have a huge power supply or you need it for hackintosh

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

wccftech.com/amd-rx-490-4k-spotted-benchmarks/

It's idiots like you who jump on the hype train that are killing AMD.

It's like you idiots never learn.

Since 490 is probably going to be just Polaris X2, I can see it doing better than a 1070 in synthetic benchmarks and some games.
I can also see it being priced between 1070 and 1080 and being power hungrier than either of them, which would effectively make it DOA for anyone except AMD fanboys.

>huge power supply

Power consumption is the one thing they (fucking finally) got right with Polaris... until now.

>being power hungrier than either of them, which would effectively make it DOA

Why is always 'you gotta pay to play, kid' Team Green bringing up an extra cent per hour under maximum load in electricity?

>completely ignoring the first half of the sentence

Why is 'we'll catch up next generation!' Team Red always cherrypicking facts to make AMD look better?
(Just kidding, both of you do it.)

>Now for the love of god, AMD please fix your VM reset issue

So much this. It's not the end of the world, it just means I need to reboot the host before starting the guest a second time but god is it annoying. I just keep the VM always running as a result.

>Fury X, disappointment
As an owner of a Fury X, I don't feel disappointed by it. It was a shame that it was limited to 4GB due to HBM1 limitations, but the only real disappointment was the "overclockers dream" comments Su made, which turned out to be complete crap.
However, overall, I've been very happy with my card.

Fugggg, I bought a 1070 less than a month ago

Assuming that shit is true it's probably just a RX 480 with GDDR5X and a heavy overclock

It's a really nice card, but it was way too expensive and further relegated to a niche audience by the CLC. Not releasing a fully-unlocked air-cooled Fiji chip, that wasn't crippled by power limits and a shit cooler, was a massive blunder.

Do you even have a 4k or 1440p 144hz display?

Agreed on the price. Though to be fair, considering it was meant to be trading blows against the Titan X before the 980ti came along.
If you DO compare it to TiX, it does a fucking impressive job for roughly half the cost.
I do wish the air version would've been fully unlocked too, or, at least have any air version of it unlocked.
I'm actually hoping the next Fury successor, maybe on Navi onwards, has a custom loop block pre-attached. I know Gigabyte are selling a 1080 which has a custom loop block pre-attached, so expecting them to do the same for AMD isn't much of a jump.

If you meant to reply to me (Fury X owner), yes, I've got a 2560x1440~144hz Freesync monitor.

Wait, ignore my post in regards to responding to you. Somehow got myself mixed up and thought you were responding to Literally don't know how I did, but somehow I did.

AMD's model numbering would generally make that RX 485.

Vega 11 (1x 8GB HMB2) is supposed to be only a little higher TFLOPS than RX 480 but with theoretically revamped/more efficient GCN plus 2x fp16 throughput.

Vega 10 (2x 8GB HBM2) will theoretically be 2-2.5x RX 480 in raw specs and therefore quite a bit higher than what the PajeetTech graphs show.

Fiji was fucked from the moment TSMC 20nm flopped.
It was put out on 28nm with ROPs and geometry units disproportionately culled to be able to fit on a ~600 mm^2 die.

GP102 and Vega 10 are ~450 mm^2 chips limited by yield and profitability issues and shouldn't have anything external forcing bad compromises on them this time.