What does Sup Forums think about noisy computers? is silence a priority for you, or do you not care?

what does Sup Forums think about noisy computers? is silence a priority for you, or do you not care?

as long as the fans dont whine, and I dont hear the voltage regulators regulate, I dont care.

depends
>laptop
loud when high load ok
loud when watching videos before bed not ok
>desktop
its so easy building a virtually silent pc its not worth debating

1Us can go straight to jet engine hell

The ball bearings on my x200 fan are shot to hell and they'll make loud grinding noises when I'm out in public so I turn the fans off via thinkpad_acpi and my laptop gets all hot.

I don't want to replace them because it still works and I would have to take the entire thing apart including the display assembly and the motherboard because the actual heatpipe and fan are installed underneath the motherboard.

Who gives a fuck about noise for a rack server? Or are you one of those teenagers with a server under your bed?

>tfw can't make a silent desktop

Must be tough being retarded.

When using my ThinkPad at night in a quiet room, the whiny fan kicking up every 4 minutes is kind of annoying. I wouldn't base my purchase decision on fan noise though.

Water cooling, large radiator and 3-4 large fans at low RPM.

It's piss easy making one these days

Normal fan noise is irrelevant, anything else is fucking irritating.

Quietness is a high priority for me. Coil whine or other whines are not acceptable, and fan noise should be minimal to none unless under heavy load.

Back when i used ThinkPads I typically kept the fan speeds low even if it meant the machine getting a bit hot at times.

>implying water pumps don't make noise

less moving parts is the way to go, he should use a low power CPU with a large passive heatsink setup in a way to let warm air naturally rise up

would be cool to buy good cooling with silent fans but i dont care enough to spend money on it. Also my msi twinfrozr geforce will whine anyway when there is too much fps produced, even if the game wont use the card 100%.

>have big ass CPU cooler
>all fan connected on controller set on 5v
>EVGA PSU
>still hear a hum

Must be the PSU,maybe i should turn it so the fan is taking air from the case?

Yeah get a decent one which is relatively quiet and all in all, you'll never hear anything through a well isolated case which should be sitting on the floor below your desk.

Well is your PSU semi passive?
Also make sure you get the largest possible fans for your case since they can push the same amount of air at lower RPM and therefore run quieter.

Also do you have any HDD or only SSD?
I have a rig with GTX 1080, semi-passive PSU, biggest Noctua cooler and no HDDs and it's 100% silent while shitposting.

Post exact specs including storage devices and case.

not semi passive,fans are 140mm

2 HDD but i can't hear them.

i5-3570k on a Hyper 212 Evo
r9 390, fans at 25%
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2
Fractal Define R4

how to make silent desktop:
1. build regular desktop
2. buy extensions for your wires
3. put a hole in the wall to route wires through behind the desk
4. put a hole int he wall somewhere else in the house
5. put the wire spaghetti in your walls and connect the interface devices to the computer, which are now in entirely different rooms
6. absolute silence
7. it's actually not silent because your monitor's ad/dc transformer is making noise
8. go insane from the subtle whining noise
9. whine on the internet because it's now all you know

As long as it keeps my setup cool and doesn't sound like badgers mating I really don't care... Besides I live 200m from the highway and 100m from the railroad tracks so I'm used to noise anyway.

>coil whine
>noisy fan
>lol i just wear headphones/turn up the volume/enable vsync

>remove headphone
>hear a motherfucking Boeing 747

Sometimes I make barbecue with my Intel Celeron 1.5Ghz

I hate noise when I'm working, but when I'm gaymen I always use headphones so I don't give a shit about fan noise or coil whine.
The only time I heard something past the headphones was when my R9 280X fan decided to try eating through the aluminium cooler chassis at 100% speed, producing a very authentic angle-grinder-like noise.

I thought it was not a priority for me until I bought a noisy computer.

But god damn, having a computer with 13 fans in it was not a good idea.

Don't mind fan sounds.

Coil whine drives me to the brink of insanity instantly.

This, I gave up years ago and just instinctively wear my headset whenever I use my PC

>Coil whine drives me to the brink of insanity instantly

It seems most new high end cards all have coil whine though

why are you even on this board if you can't be arsed to replace a laptop fan that costs 8 dollars

gtx 1080/1070?

I can't be bothered to replace stock cooler from my i5 2400. It's the only noisy thing in my desktop.