Why haven't you bought one yet?

Why haven't you bought one yet?

Because i need programs which are OS exclusive and i dont like using dongles

because they raised the prices and the brexit raised them even more so the cheapest one is like £1,500

Because i already have the 2015 model which is better

Because I have a 2011 model and it still does the job just fine after replacing the HDD with an SSD a few years ago. The only real draw for me is the high res display, which I can get much cheaper by buying a second hand machine of the model years 2012-2015.

i've wanted one all my life but i'm never going to get one because i'm dirt poor

My university gave me £1000 to spend on tech, which was fine until the brexit happened. Go to uni and get some jew gold

Cause I bought a 2015 rMBP as soon as this monstrosity was announced.

Don't regret a single bit.

slower than previous model
worse battery
worse keyboard
dongles
way more expensive

probably the worst apple laptop of all time

Worse than the "HindenBook" from the 90s? It was an old PowerPC G3 PowerBook, which was made famous by suffering from the same problem as the latest Galaxy Note.

I think bought one just now. Absolutely beautiful. I have a spec out workhorse from 2013 that I do all my heavy programming and and use this for leausire and side projects

Autocorrect is terrible on mobile.

Wanted to add I love the keyboard for programming

It's no better than my 2014 15" machine which runs OS X, Linux and Windows perfectly.

my macbook air still works fine

No touchscreen, the touch bar is a start but it's just so half assed.

Soldered SSD

/thread

I have one. Upgraded from the 2015 model, the 2015 one looks like a piece of shit in comparison

so?

When I was in the shop on my lunch break looking at them I touched it and I got a static shock.

will the touchbar work on windows???

or you are left without Functions and ESC keys??

Hardly makes that much of a difference seeing how they've been using non-standard connectors for the SSD with pins swapped around just for the purpose of making off-the-shelf hardware incompatible. IIRC there's literally just one company that makes replacement SSDs with the correct pins swapped around just for rMBPs and MBAs.

>amd gpu
>heatsink is barely enough to cool just the cpu
>touchbar meme (I use function keys all the time)
>joke of a trackpad
>fucked up left and right arrow keys
Plus I already have a 2012 15" which does everything I need it to do
While I'd like the nice IPS screen, I don't want to drop down from 1680x1050 to 1440x900 (effective) and fuck the shitty scaling.

>will the touchbar work on windows???
>or you are left without Functions and ESC keys??
Who cares? Windows, huh?
You should be used to things not working.

just the dongles.

fuckin kek
>apple
>removes function and escape keys
>leaves caps lock key alone

because I can Facebook just fine on my old ass C2D

Because I value my life

the wifi doesn't work when you plug something in

it has worse performance and less battery life
its another 300 dollars more expensive for no reason

I did the same, the 2015 is the superior model.

Because I bought this instead

Fucking what, is that common in the UK? Do they just give £1000 to university freshmen?

I can get the same specs for less than half the price from hp and hackintosh it.

From what i've heard, Bootcamp provides basic support for the touchbar. I've only seen the function and escape keys and the fingerprint scanner doesn't work.

They'll probably add support later for it though

You have to go back m8.

I've heard that it has a lot of software issues right now. My main issue is that I don't want to be spending $60+ on dongles for USB-C since it's not widely used yet. It is also way overpriced for what you get. I'm running a late-2011 model one and it's running fine. I'll probably upgrade to a 2014 model in a few years

Is the 2016 model actually slower than the 2015?
I thought it uses Skylake?

Repulsive

I bought a xps 13 9630

I bought a 15" 2016 MBP. I prefer it over the XPS 15 and 13''

Still no right click on by default.

Because is not made for programmers.

except if you control click or two finger press, or set it so the bottom right corner does right click
did you really think that apple overlooked something that important?

With that attitude you will stay poor.

Is that aluminium or painted plastic?

I bought a 2.5ghz 2015 model instead

can't be bothered spending the money when my 2012 one still works

with the way apple are going i might never buy one, switch to linux or something when my current mbp and imac finally die

Kek welcome to my world (crofag here). The worst part is that we still are in the FU!

It's taped in, retard.

>2016
>72ppi

>port selection is ass
>no dock
>no function keys

I'm saving up for a Let's Note CF-RZ5

>t. mactoddler

Poor

Even if I had money I'd buy a Microsoft product

Because it's useless for a Chemfag like me, just as any other laptop is.

Desktop at home.

Tablet/E-Reader (with good palm rejection software) and Smartphone for outside of home.
Much more portable than a laptop, and much better batterylife in case of the E-Reader which can last me 2 weeks at minimum without charging.

Cuz i can get a laptop with equal performance and better cooling for half the price.

I did, not with cuckbar though.

>trading 15-25% of your battery capacity for a little colored bar

Will buy next year if they put in:

Kaby Lake
quad-core option on 13"
dGPU on 13"
32GB RAM

All models with Touch ID only and no Touch Bar (This probably won't happen)