South America uses WhatsApp. Eastern Europe uses Viber. China uses WeChat. Korea uses KakaoTalk. Japan uses Line

South America uses WhatsApp. Eastern Europe uses Viber. China uses WeChat. Korea uses KakaoTalk. Japan uses Line.

What chat apps do US Americans and Leafs most commonly use?

Other urls found in this thread:

security.stackexchange.com/questions/49782/is-telegram-secure
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have heard of Viber and Whatsapp

Fucking iMessage

>b-b-but muh Ap-
Shut up loser, 90% of people here use iPhones. Gold standard, plebs.

Pic related, me posting from my 7 right now. Best phone on the market.

>Eastern Europe uses Viber
нe вce

What do you use?

>When it comes to OS market share, Android takes the slight lead, with 52.1 percent of the U.S. market, compared to Apple's 41.9 percent for iOS.

Facebook Messenger here in Vancouver

>Gold standard, plebs.
only in burgerland and Applel is losing market share by the minute. The only thing that keeps iMessage afloat is that Google left like a retarded team to make messaging apps (hangouts, allo, duo, messenger) and they are busy with something else, if Google gets their shit together it's goodnight sweet prince for the stupid blue bubbles.
it's a shame because duo works fucking great anywhere.

WhatsApp is pretty popular in the U.S. but most of the people I know (anecdotally) use Messenger and iMessage.

I wouldn't know as I have no friends.

it just works

>Germany
Everyone uses WhatsApp, trying to get more people on Signal.

Text messaging...?

>europe use viber
wtf man
viber is dying

SMS
email
call
visit
letter

fuck 'appz'

FB messanger
Whatsapp

WhatsApp
And there's pretty many people using WhatsApp.

Messenger, SMS, or Snapchat.

I swear this piece of garbage has five 30mb updates every week and nothing ever change

Europe here, whatsapp is most used here, followed by viber. But not everyone actually has them, only half of people use one of those. Since everyone already uses Facebook messenger or Facebook/Lite anyway, most people don't need another chat app.

Usually iMessage/SMS. Group chats sometimes with GroupMe (sort of popular here in college). Lots of people have Whatsapp if they have international friends, but most Americans don't use it.

that's poor Spics getting their first Samshit from Boost Mobile

go anywhere with at least a decent middle class population and everyone uses iPhones.

Used to be on so many messaging platforms. Now I stick to WhatsApp. SMS as an absolute failsafe.

This.
Reeeeeeee

WhatsApp.

The group of friends I was in ditched it for Discord which makes no sense because the app is pretty shit and slow compared to the WhatsApp one.

Ditch the Facebook app and Facebook messenger and use swipe for Facebook. It's a pretty decent FB web wrapper that lets you message from inside the app.

iMessage, SMS, then Facebook Messenger IIRC.

Basically SMS was always a thing in NA, but not anywhere else, which is why other chat apps took off. You also have to realize that NA didn't really care for a mobile-first chat application at first because most of us had Desktops, which meant we had Skype/AIM/MSN Messenger/Yahoo Messenger. That means it was a lot harder for mobile-first messengers to take hold because they had to compete with the incumbents.

By the time they all died, everyone was already on SMS. iMessage's success is completely piggybacked off of SMS.

I live in Potomac MD, one of the richer areas of the country. Anyone who cares about tech has android, sure whatever you get your wife or kids is apple cause they're idiots, but if you yourself are a tech savvy individual and wealthy in the US, you just buy a top end flagship android, better and bigger screens with an OS i can do whatever I want with.

Just use your Web browser and go on facebook. That way there's no bloated slow ass app. Do agree that you need to have messenger.

What's app, telegram, discord

Extra botnet in your botnet so it can keep botnetting while you're already part of a larger botnet

Thanks God I have friends with brains so we use signal

>Work for company that purchased Viber
>They have no plans to make money
>Vanity buy

Viber is shit man srs. They won't even make an API for us to make the service actually useful

Yea. Live in a wealthy area on water and I buy all unlocked android cash. I will say a good chunk of the people maybe half buy iphones and ipads. The rest buy whatever costs 500 or more on android.

Try wire it's better.

Poor people don't count

Check out this cool webm, pal

This

the few friends i have use Kik.

SMS, Snapchat, groupme, Kik. In that order

Japan here. Everyone uses line, even old people.

There is no cross carrier sms here, only other option os e-mail.

kik for domestic
Line for foreign

>Everyone uses line
Line is HUGE in Asia
fucking everyone uses it

uh.. text...

why would i need a fucking app to send sms

Europe is whatsapp in general

Africa was viber 2 years when I was there, I don't know now.

because everyone knows that in 2016 you need a fancy wrapper for everything. even one-line messages

Fuck Kakao.

Living in Korea now and everyone uses this bloated shit garbage with no features but muh stickers.

It is like a shitty rip off of line.

Why does S.K. have such awesome infrastructure but such shitty software?

Insane protectionism and "follower" mentality.

WhatsApp because Viber is full of spam/europeons

gook here 'because
muh "yellow color"

>No sms
why?

>rip off
>line : Initial release March 2011;
>kakaotalk : Initial release 18 March 2010

>signal
Does but respect your freedom, avoid

It was missing all the stickers and shit until line had them.

Signal.

How do you use your own personal-made apps on iphone?

because everyone uses burner phones
Line is the preferred texting service

>cucked by google
>dev is a childish asshole who vehemently opposes federation and shuts down forks
>server component proprietary
Kys you're self

Because SMS is shit and only third world countries like the US still uses it

SMS does not work across carriers in Japan.

Prior to smartphones everyone used e-mail. It worked and looked just like SMS except anything e-mail capable could message a cellphone.

In Italy most used is WhatsApp

People still do use email

Mandatory "don't use Facebook, it's botnet" reply

Spic from Chile here

EVERYONE uses Whatsapp, it's much more widespread than Facebook or anything else.

Wire is better than signal or hangouts.

Outdated, whatsapp is on signal protocol now

>no cross carrier sms here
Are you serious? How did that (not) happen?

imessage and whatsapp in canada
maybe facebook messanger too

This
But in my uni everyone uses Telegram, which is better in almost every way

germany here
whatsapp and/or fb messenger

>better in almost every way
Except for security. security.stackexchange.com/questions/49782/is-telegram-secure

pretty sure korea uses line,since it is korean and shit and owned by naver

I use facebook desu

>not using muh snap chat

They definitely use kakaotalk. Line is popular but really its all ktalk. Line is more of a secondary messaging app for international friends and what not and kakao for korea only

>Messenger
i see imessenger is apple's sms program

but messenger is a pretty fucking generic name, what morons did think of that one? (by that i mean, to what messenger are you referring? even microsoft called theirs "msn messenger")

Clover

>SMS
to this day carriers still charge in all sorts of weird ways to transmit a couple hundred bytes in delayed priority

sometimes they even charge more than the equivalent bytes in general usage data traffic that you can then use to transmit a whole books worth of text for the same price of "SMS packages" or similars

in the end its all just ip data, telephone dont exist anymore but carriers are hang up on old billing schemes, its a shame we have to use pocket computers to repackaged text and voice in convoluted ways for them to be transmitted by the same companies but at a cheaper price for us.

who wins are the data miners, advertisers, and pocket computers sellers

forgot to mention the "telephone numbering system" problem with SMS, instead of a distributed or centralized username/domain scheme for global interoperability... which in SMS is pretty fucking hilariously spoofable

i think we talking about facebook messenger

grindr

I know one thing for sure. Ethiopians really like Viber.

in america we use SMS or imessage

or whatsapp for group chats

What point is market share when your os is bastardized and altered by every manufacturer anyways?

Not like they share profits either.

SIGNAL DESU

In Canada and I use SMS. The only dedicated app I use once in a blue moon is snapchat to quickly send unimportant images, otherwise I email it.

Teenagers in states use kik or skype. Facebook messenger is the other. None of the kiddos use sms in my experience. Hangouts is popular too since most of the schools use shitty chromebooks and google classroom. Mining the fucking youth already.

I use Line.

Whatsapp, Line, and Signal are used by people I know.

In addition to the OS standard messenger applet.

I am surprised Line isnt popular in Korea, considering Line is from a Korean owned company

reporting from SK

I refuse to use Kakao, my fucking phone does SMS there is absolutely no reason to use a messaging app unless it's for people outside of Korea

UK fag.

>tfw using whatsapp, kakao and wechat.
>tfw no irl friends use kaotalk or wechat.

Whatsapp is basically the norm but for some reason people use facebook alot too, I thought it died.

What do they use in best korea?

xfire

Carrier Pigeon.

Pic related: something you can't open.

Seems like Kik, Facebook and iMessage are popular in the US. I use Line and Wechat because I used to live in Japan and China. Line has some annoying features that piss me off, and Wechat is just a piss-poor copy of Line.

kek
best argument

United States
>Kik
Teenagers without money and/or failing in life

>Snapchat
Insecure teenagers sending nudes

>Skype
Normies that don't know better

>Discord
Smart people that replaced Skype

>iMessage
Good amount of people

>Facebook Messenger
Majority use this

>WhatsApp
Poor people on Android who want iMessage

I don't know what Canada uses and I don't care. They use whatever we tell them to.

This is from my observations, but it's about 95% true.