/cbg/ - Coding Bootcamp General

Just thought I would leave this here...

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.freecodecamp.com/5-key-learnings-from-the-post-bootcamp-job-search-9a07468d2331#.ef4ywk46v
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>muh boolean return meme

I bet a woman wrote this.

>didn't learn looping
How Embarrassing

Source was:
medium.freecodecamp.com/5-key-learnings-from-the-post-bootcamp-job-search-9a07468d2331#.ef4ywk46v

>3 month coding bootcamp
>for web dev

>not using the ternary operator
poor web development industry

why not just return (studying && hardWork && luck)

Disgusting

because it doesn't look as cute you fucking stupid white male

this is high quality in javascript terms

>people with no formal education
>not writing dumb shit

Choose one

How is luck a factor in being prepared? How do you prepare for being lucky?

Haha imagine finding out that one of your lines goes beyond that column. You'd have to move them all.

It's a poorly named variable. Should be something like "IsEmployed"

at first i was like, what's this language that imitates python's lack of curly braces? then i looked at the right

You seem to like not writing your sentences in a non-negative way.

The person who made this image got a six figure job, how much do you make?

0 bux but at least i can code

bootycamps are for cuck faggots

please rewrite your comment so that it won't get caught by my filters, thanks ^_^

My goal is to go to Hack Reactor.

That doesn't return anything

Free Code Camp can't really be considered a bootcamp. It's free coursework with a forum and the potential to contribute to projects for real companies (non-profits)

Woman detected, these braindead ape need to be gazed.

Retard spotted

from subprocess import run
class faggot():
def __init__(self):
run(['kill', self])

Another general? Does there really need to be another general on Sup Forums?

>writing such a shitty function
Here, fixed that for you:
getDevJob = function(arg1,arg2,arg3) {
if (arg1 && arg2 == undefined) return arg1;
else if (arg1) return getDevJob(arg2, arg3);
else return false;
}

>The person who made this image got a six figure job, how much do you make?
Found the problem with the industry.

>arg1,arg2,arg3

I would beat you to death with your own keyboard.

but user it's not what you know it's who you know, isn't it?

return studying && hardWork && luck;
fixed

What is that color scheme anyway? It doesn't look like Solarized...

You should remove the parenthesis too.

For(!succeed){
Return anhero;
}

I guess you don't like Haskell programmers then.

f x (y:ys) = x+y : f y ys

learn a real language you fucking degenerate

No. Letters and generic variable names are absolute shit.

>stealing my code image
Thanks for making it a meme.

Your function wouldn't even compile

That is a horribly inefficient way to test booleans.

Yes, I'm sure of it

monokai

What kind of gay language is that?
>if (isPrepared)
Is isPrepared what? There?

This

you don't need formal education with that
you need practical coding and reading others' code experience

It's a boolean I think.

It checking to see if isPrepared exist. Since it does exist it will return true, otherwise it will return false if it doesn't exist.

obviously JavaScript? do you not know what a boolean is?

>people pay 10 grand to study this shit

If it doesn't exist it wouldn't work lmao, it's just a check for whether isPrepared true or false.

This is why I hate people who say "don't write clever code". Half the time they just mean " I'm fucking retarded and take 10 lines to write on statement

This would be an example of actually stupid "clever" coding:

for (int i = 0; (f[i]=g[i]) != '\0'; i++);

How do people from non-CS backgrounds get software engineering jobs?

I graduated with a pure math degree and taught myself coding. But never had the domain specific data structures & algorithms courses that they drill you on in interviews.

I started studying it and it's coming to me quickly given my math background but there is so much to cover. I thought about enrolling in a university class for data structures.

But what can I do to learn this more quickly to get interviews and be actually able to pass them, before I take a full blown course for $2000+ at a university?

>FCC
>Bootcamp

Sure thing boss

Because school =/= Experience

That's the goal of coding bootcamps is to give you real world experience. Places employing developers find that more beneficial than most CS graduates.

He applied to 300 jobs and got more than 10 interviews? A coding camp seems to be better than my MSc in Engineering.

I am asking how do I get a structured approach to learning domain specific knowledge in data structures and algorithms?

Going to coding sites are useless as they ask me questions requiring concepts I've never been exposed to. Im smart and picked up on asymptotic complexity, basic data structures, algorithms already quickly, but I'm missing out on topics covered in actual class rooms. I studied math not CS so I have major CS gaps. How do I feel in the data structure and algorithms gaps before I blow about $4k taking data sturctures and and then an algorithms course?

If you already have a good handle on math(algorithms, statistics and basic data structures), I would almost ditch computer science and look into something like Data science and running back-end stuff using Python and Flask. You're not really gaining a significant advantage knowing Computer Science unless you were interested in doing some crazy google tier shit. Which Pajeet has already beat you on. Data science though is a very valuable field to most employers right now.

Single letters are usually fine in Haskell since functions are short and their purpose is obvious

Most university classes have an associated textbook, I'm sure you could download one online from bookzz. Just look up what the materials are at MIT and download them for self study. The Sup Forums library has a lot of good shit on algorithms, so that might be worth checking out as well.

Good idea. I already enrolled in a university to take courses and right now I'm acing the lower level programming classes. But at this school senior level courses come with a $2000+ price tag. I'll download the textbooks and study from them.

Good suggestion. last night I started reading a ground up approach on machine learning. They use Python and use Numpy, Theano, etc.

I'm reading through that book and doing side projects. Also beginning to learn how Git works

Are you part of a tracked course, or can you pick up whatever classes you want? Universities largely accommodate for the average or below average student, it's likely you could save yourself some time and money by doing self-study instead of taking on those senior level courses. But if you want to have the evidence to show employers, I get that too.

>didn't even call the class

here you are:
for every_person in this_thread:
faggot()

You could also try MIT open courseware.

Since I have a BS in math I can't get a second BS so I enrolled as a postbac student at a nearby (but very good school). I can choose whatever course I want as long as I satisfied all the pre-reqs.

I don't think companies care too much if I have a data structures or algorithms course. My math degree seems sufficient in satisfying degree requirements, i was doing it to fill in my own gaps.

I think I'll go with the self study and personal project approach. I already had Amazon express interest in me where I am as is, but I decided to interview with them yet because I know I have a lot of gaps.

I found a learn a lot more self studying than I do in class. I studied several months before my current class and am acing it with a 100%. so honestly I could have completely passed on this course completely and didn't to enroll in it

Cool. I see that have a course on algorithms. I'll do that thanks!

Sorry typing on a shitty mobile screen.

But yeah I'm going to self study more using MIT courseware and other textbooks before I interview.

I'm a beginner programmer and I get a headache when I keep programming, anyone else had this

Take breaks

it's normal that you can't spend a full day of concentrated programming. I'm glad when I manage 4 to 5 hours a day.

wooo lad, wasting a stack frame on a logical and of three booleans? ishygddt.tar.bz2.tiff

>2 space indentation
looks like he didn't learn a thing

>implying luck is a boolean value and not a double