Been using stock ROM until this day but considering switching to CyanogenMod. Thoughts on it...

Been using stock ROM until this day but considering switching to CyanogenMod. Thoughts on it? Good or meme botnet that will brick your phone?

It uses more RAM in my old Moto E than vanilla Lollipop so fuck it. Try it and see it for yourself.
inb4 le unused RAM meme.

Unless shitphone that runs AOSP
It's good

are there other roms for chink mtk phones
foss ones?

Don't bother. Pain in the arse. Unless you are dedicated tinfoil then it's not worth the hassle

It has worked flawlessly on all devices I installed it on so far (G4, G4 mini, Nexus S, Nexus 5, Galaxy Tab 2) and I've been using it daily for around 4 years now. My dd is the Nexus 5 with the latest stable CM version and no Google shit; f-droid apps only. Zero complaints. It's relatively easy to install, the most annoying thing might be unlocking the bootloader depending on your device. Use the internet and take your time, and chances are you'll be fine. The CM wiki has guides to install it for prettyuch all supported devices.

put it on my op3

idk its ok

oxygenos was better

im too lazy to put it back tho

OnePlus 3 running Sultan's CM13 fork here, it's a million times better than OxygenOS.

No
Don't buy mediakek

>meme botnet
>open source
Lazy bait.

CyanogenMod is the Linux of phones. Do you like Linux?

More like the Ubuntu of phones

It uses the same components as Android: Linux kernel, bionic, Java-frameworks, etc.

In a nutshell, it is an Android without Play market by default and with a lot of tweaking features in Settings.

It works buttery smooth on Samsung devices. Just the bloatware being gone is heaven

OxygenOS is CM with chink modifications.

Has anyone measured how it affects battery time? If something fucks up during install can you easily recover or is phone kill?

only interested in copperheados, but it's only interested in a few nexus devices. lucky me. :3

I installed CM14 on an old moto g and it ran faster than Android 6 on my moto e.

CopperheadOS, CM doesn't respect my freedoms

Its heaven on Oneplus One. Currently using CM14.1 and works perfect. It really depends on the phone you have but I would get it if you can.

Very good. I used to find it boring and use more obscure ROMs (e.g. AOKP, PAC-ROM). Honestly can't remember why anymore. Went back to putting plain jane CM on everything and it's very comfy.

sometimes if I watch YouTube on LTE for 10+ mins it turns off any cellular data unless I hard reboot it. Don't know if it's a ROM issue but looks like it. I'm too dumb to find a stock rom for my device though

I don't buy a device without knowing that it has some sort of CM development going on with it. It's a good indicator that support will never truely end for the device and bugs the manufacturer wouldn't bother with have a chance to be fixed.

It's just AOSP with a few tweaks and a huge Cunningham

CM14.1 is godlike on my Moto G3. Better batter life and performance than any other ROM, even stock.

CM is free software

It's fine if you don't want to all that Google App bloat. Theme engine is fine plenty of freebies you can use. Totally fine with an AOSP stock rom or something akin to Oxygen. If you can find a custom kernel and optimizations for your phone model even better. If you're on stock 6.0/7.0 you can always use Layers for themes instead which just requires root. Xposed is likely necessary to provide custom power menu options and quick launch/status bar customization on most stock AOSP roms. No clue why this isn't a dev/stock feature anyways.

Yea Sultan's OPO CM roms were pretty amazing. OPO runs laps around even newer phones. Might actually pick up a OP3 if it has similar roms and community like the OPO. Funny how Oneplus is now the Nexus line after the OPO release.

Adding to what I said here fuck Google for fucking over the market. Dead. Nexus 4 was their last decent phone. Hangouts fuckery I hope they burn.

I like it. I use CM13 on my Nexus 4

Using CM.

Just waiting for Signal nit to be GAPPS dependant so i can go full Copperhead!

meme pajeet botnet

The only good aftermarket firmware to run since AOKP died.

unlocked the bootloader and rooted my redmeme in order to use a root-access app

shall i flash cyanogenmod while i'm at it?

But what about Ubuntu phone?

Have you heard of the micro-g project? It's supposed to be a continuation of no-gapps.
It doesn't work on CM though afaik because it requires signature spoofing to replace the google services, which is a significant security risk.

CM is killing my battery

don't it's buggy as fuck it'll fuck up everything

Like how and why does it fuck up?