Buying a microphone for voice recording

Hey Sup Forums, I'm trying to buy an expensive-tier microphone for talking over the Internet/doing voice recordings/videos/etc, and I could use some recommendations.

Two I'm looking at right now are:
>Shure PGA27
>AKG C214

Preferably I wouldn't like to go lower quality than any of those. I don't really have a budget other than "no $3,000 audiophile-meme placebo" mics.

Other urls found in this thread:

musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/mxl-3000-mic-bundle
amazon.com/Blue-Snowball-Microphone-Textured-White/dp/B000EOPQ7E
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpU6H2EtjLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I'm trying to buy an expensive-tier microphone for talking
well you're dumb
get this bundle instead:
musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/mxl-3000-mic-bundle

>what are podcasts, Skype, and language exchange
That aside I mentioned voice recording (which I'd use for music production) and it would be used in tech videos I create.

Also, no poorfag mics. That's a poorfag mic.

Electrovoice re20

I would have recommended the Blue Snowball which is the one I use, but they've jack up the price which leaves me conflicted.

amazon.com/Blue-Snowball-Microphone-Textured-White/dp/B000EOPQ7E

BTW it was 49 dollars when I bought it several years ago.

>no poorfag mics
t. poorfag

richfags get a neumann
you get whatever you can afford, poorfag

I know about the Neuman U87, but it costs $3000 and that just screams placebo. I'd spend that much if I actually got my money's worth, but it seems like an audiophile meme.

>no poorfag mics
In that case there's no way around Sennheiser.

>that just screams placebo
so just to recap
1. you have no idea what you're talking about
2. you're more interested in name than actual quality
3. you want something to hear yourself talk/record your shitty demos

just get a shure sm57 and have done with it for christsakes, it'll sound better than any mic you've used and it's basically built like a tank and can kill someone with it if you hit them hard enough

It's a wonder what you can do with a relatively cheap mic and software.

Well, what I can do. You can't because you're a moron.

>you're more interested in name than actual quality
What are you talking about? You're the one telling me to buy a brand whereas I picked out the two in the OP because they sound nice. I don't have a budget, but I would prefer wasteful spending that doesn't get me anything. Similarly my computer costs $5k, but I would never waste money on a Mac.

Also proof that spending $3000 on a mic is a meme.
>youtube.com/watch?v=ZpU6H2EtjLI

Anyway I'll be back people. Keep discussing mics while I'm gone.

>blamp

I'm using a Rode Procaster for general shittalking and such. It's complete overkill, but I like it and the sound quality is good.

OP might want to take a look at these as well, although if you want to start recording vocals and whatever, I'd probably get the Shure SM7B as the audio quality is really damn good.

Just get a blue yeti

Condenser: Rode NT-1
Dynamic: Shure SM7b

>All the people in here saying get a blue yeti

It's an alright microphone don't get me wrong, but I have a few friends that use one, and the voice is tinny and thin more often than not. It also picks up all kinds of extra sounds, but that is more to do with the nature of the mic than with the mic itself I guess.

AT2020

turn the gain down put the mic in your face (use a pop filter for gods sake) and talk like you mean it.

Dont forget a compressor for that radio sound.

Your YouTube channel will die and you will not be successful whatsoever.

>that just screams placebo
you're a moron. gtfo.

AT2020

your wannabe youtube channel will fail.
commit sudoku OP

>You're the one telling me to buy a brand
no I told you to buy thisbut you shit all over it when you didn't recognize the name, which just proves you don't want suggestions, you want someone to namedrop something you recognize that costs more than $XXX for some reason, twat

^^ this
Dont buy the blue yeti. theyre shit kiddy gamers buy.

/THREAD

/thread