See this Sup Forums? If you block ads this is what you're helping bring about

See this Sup Forums? If you block ads this is what you're helping bring about.

Really? Because last time I checked Wikipedia doesn't serve any ads and has always relied on donations. End yourself.

I block the begging too.

Are you seriously complaining about Wikipedia being a free, non-profit dictionary that you can access 24/7?

These fucking ungrateful kids nowadays, man.

70% of the stuff they're sending is javascript ( ).

If that is disabled then you're already cutting their server costs dramatically.

i agree
in fact, it should only be text-based with no pictures, no video, no music clips, no animations, and no hyperlinks for that matter
in fact, they would save a ton of costs if they just shut down

now that that's out of the way, we can ignore retarded posts like yours

As I was walking down the street the other day, I noticed that there are a few trees that aren't quite bare. For December that's quite unusual, especially considering there were often trees of the same kind next to them that have shed all their leaves.

I wondered to myself if those trees had a different personality, that they clung to the leaves due to personal reasons, rather than a quirk of fate.

Spending such time on pointless things isn't really sensible, even more so if you've got a shortage of time, and have to ask for more.

But I put thoughts of trees behind me, and carried old walking, saying "good morning" to the local postman making his rounds. "It's a chilly one, isn't it?" he said from his heated car. I don't think he was in a position to judge,

i might donate

>(((Wikipedia))) asking for more money

>See this Sup Forums? If you block ads this is what you're helping bring about.
I'm fine with that. Donation-driven services are a meritocracy. A service that people don't give a shit about won't survive.

I would personally donate to wikipedia if I could, unfortunately they don't accept anonymous bitcoin donations.

Just imagine, the hosting costs could be basically $0 if they used a peer-to-peer CDN for content delivery

Big websites already have hundreds if not thousands of concurrent users, a peer-to-peer design would work great.

Read the link, idiot.
>HTML: 113KB
>Images: 112KB
>CSS: 67KB

That's the actual content and formatting to make the site viewable.

>Javascript: 698KB

Bullshit they're sending out that adds nothing to the site but a bigger hosting cost.

CSS and JavaScript are cached client-side, HTML and images are per article view

Why can't it be non-profit while having ads anyway? What a fucking retard. The begging is worse than ads.

You're a tad slow, aren't you, user?

I will never give money to wikipedia.

>People say we live in a media environment where facts have become subjective. At Wikipedia, we reject that idea. We believe facts matter.
Translation: Wikipedia rejects the idea "that facts have become subjective" and instead believes that facts have always been subjective.

Give us money goy.

This.
The dumbfuck has enough money.
Ok then, give me the fucking site. Wikipedia isn't that big in bytes as everyone seems to believe.
I'll host it on a 10 years old hdd @home with some of the shittiest connections on a fucking raspberry pi. No jokes, stop begging or go down fucker.

You were the idiot that said he could handle it without ads, no go fuck off and handle it without ads!

wikipedia is full of jew and sjw propaganda

FUCK WIKIPEDIA

Tbh I wouldn't even mind ads if they were vetted by the host site and just static ads; no javascript, no flash, no redirects, no scams, popups, popunders, new tabs, etc

I wouldn't even mind paying for content if it were some reasonable model where each article is some number of cents and when you get to $5/10/15 you have to pay to continue accessing, instead of paying like $15 a month on a rolling subscription when I might read a handful of articles a month on your fucking site. At $15 a month those handful of articles are pretty fucking expensive.

Wikipedia spends too much money on cancerous bullshit for me to ever donate to them.

>waaahhh I got banned from editing because I changed the Hillary Clinton article to say she's a pedophile reptilian Jew!!

I can get any books on anything i want so fuck you wiki, you refused to run adds, why is that? I wouldve add it to exception anyday