Give me one good reason about why you hate cases with windowed side panels

Give me one good reason about why you hate cases with windowed side panels.

Pro-tip: 'muh gayming' is not a good argument.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YDCMMf-_ASE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because its not a thinkpad?

They look terrible dirty
No side fan or air movement option usually
Leds in case lighting up the room is annoying

Windowed panels are louder. I want a silent computer.

I like mine

if im in oc mode
snappy spidity open the window then bla 28C at 5ghz

>'muh gayming' is not a good argument
Yes it is, you faggot retard. Windowed cases are for literal children. There's your answer.

You lot on this board are too obsessed with pointless aesthetics.

>muh pretty phones that look exactly the same as thousands of other models
>muh pretty cases

I am personally okay with them. Different strokes for different sorts of volks, y'know? In my personal preference I don't need to see the innerworkings while it is running but it is okay with me.

>Sup Forumsang ban/g/ers in a nutshell

explain why

Tacky

>Tacky
Found the faggot

* reduced thermal conductivity
* increased noise (a closed case could have acoustic dampening material in place)
* increased EM radiation

Gaudy

I actually like them, as they let me know if any of the parts are on fire or not.
Not kidding, had it before.

I mounted an extra fan in my side panel, the windowed version doesn't allow for that.

Here's my justification. I spent a god forsaken ton of money on all these internal components, I want to be able to see them whenever I want, I deserve to.

cause im not 5?

dont know why people on here get so triggered about nice looking desktops, it's basically the same as aftermarket car modding.

>currently rocking an i7 in my rig
>got a window and LEDs of course

>it's basically the same as aftermarket car modding
Exactly. Equally ridiculous and gaudy.

>vroom vroom
kek

>wanting your battlestation to have holes in its armour
It's like you want to be the laughing stock of the battlefield, buddy.

The minigun and Monster energy drink cooling compartment make up for the window.

lmao nice example you shitlord

Disgusting. Gaudy. No taste.

>inb4 "monster, kek"

subjective, maybe your prius looks better and is faster too hmm?

>omg so fast

windows aren't performance upgrades don't be a low functioning human being now

Because beaners in lowriders are an eyesore and so is your faggy hotrod tower. Neither have a purpose beyond displaying your consumerism and addiction to childish hobbies.

>wow

One difference is that tacky gaming PCs contain off the shelf components, and are often less powerful than "boring" looking high-end workstations.

umm aftermarket parts dont only include engine and functioning driving parts you mongreloid

I don't hate them.

I just don't feel the need to ever look at the insides of my case unless I'm cleaning it. The window is pointless for me.

what is your definition of a high end workstation, Xeon(s) and some sort of coprocessor? Upwards of $10,000?

correct, but the equivalent of a window+led in a computer case is underglow on a car

stay with me here, don't get away from the point

What makes your desktop any better than one with the same exact components except a windowed case? And why does having a window make it so bad?

* reduced thermal conductivity
* increased noise (a closed case could have acoustic dampening material in place)
* increased EM radiation

So long as there aren't any lights in there, windows are fine, I guess.
If there are lights, fuck that. My shit head roommate in college had a fuckheug desktop with all kinds of glowing faggotry everywhere that was aimed right at my bed and he refused to turn off. all night was WHUUUURRRRRRRR and carnival lighting. worst part was he never even played games on it. he was always playing halo 2 (like everyone else at the time).
pic semirelated. he probably drives a civic with a spoiler now.

This happened when extroverted Normies got interested in computers in the early 2000s.
I don't recall anyone having lights or windows in their computers in the 1980s and 1990s.
>monster energy drinks
>counter-strike
>windows and LEDs

>Las Vegas Strip in your bedroom
I feel sorry for you.

>1980s and 1990s.
Because the only cases were beige and windowless.
PErsonally, I blame Hackers.

Worst 4 months of my life as far a sleep goes.

>Hackers
Yeah, that worst movie of all time surely is partially responsible.

>thermal conductivity
pretty sure that window vs non window barely has an effect, get more case fans
>noise
you probably have headphones, and there are cases with dampeners even around the window, also turn your fucking fan speed down then
>EM radiation
from what, where, when has this been a real issue?

now you're just lashing out because you know i am right. sad!

>What makes your desktop any better
never said it was

>why does having a window make it so bad
never said it did

this

all you windowfags gtfo

In fact, anyone without a rackmounted computer can just fuck right the fuck off Sup Forums.

>>monster energy drinks
You mean Bawls

you really should get off Sup Forums and do some research stop shilling around

so like 96% of /g, even the people who talk about smartphones all day and those autristic savant coders using CRT monitors. You gedafugoutgogsugger

Not having to do cable management because no one will ever see inside your case.

You should still keep it somewhat tidy for airflow

all the older styled windowed cases with the window big enough to show your cpu heatsink and a glimpse of GPU look terrible. The newer styled ones like seem pretty nice though
A case is more silent if it has a normal side than a windowed side
Probably fucks up the cooling by like 0.5C too
The real problems are that the shitty acrilic windows get dirty looking and can easily get scratched to shit, especially by a fucking tall CPU heatsink that should fit in your case, but somehow fucking doesn't

gentoo side panel > windows side panel

so Sup Forums is only for rich assholes now? not all of us can afford 10k Xeon's, and 128GB+ of ECC RAM.. What are you going to rack-mount a 3770/670/8GB system? that makes sense.
Let's dump way more money on an arguably overkill and gaudy rack and make fun of people that can see the inside of their computers.. I bring in a killing making those "gaudy loud" custom builds.
Do I have lights in my build? no.. But if that makes you happy then fuck it, do you.
I realize this rant is pointless, but come on guys, at least they're not using consoles right!?....

Had a Thermaltake Commander MSI Snow, mainly because of its white color ... built a new one, picked this Case Aerocool 500 dirt cheap for 28$ - it looks nice and simple as long you don't kick it around or install loud/Server HDD's the quality will do.

Notice the color ... black is for noggs.

did u vote for hillary?

You can get used servers on eBay for cheeeaaap

there's rarely anything worth seeing through them
just a bunch of ugly PCBs that look the same as anything else, with some heatsinks and maybe cable spaghetti to break up the monotony

they also invoke mental imagery of gaymers who won't shut the fuck up about their special snowflake "rigs" that nobody gives a shit about

They don't let me hide my horrendous cable management

>Different strokes for different sorts of volks
>volks
Ja, das juden git da shtroke of mein gweher shtock against das kraneum

>why you hate cases with windowed side panels
I don't. I have that case in white. It's gorgeous.

>* increased EM radiation
By a factor of what? Or is it the same kind of pseudo science that lets sheltered suburbanite mothers think wifi-sickness is a real thing?

windows are fine but it's kind of hard to make a pc with the parts you want with matching colors. too many manufactures just go make their parts in one color, ignoring that some people might want some other color or shade.

>pic related
gigabyte gtx 1070, has an rgb light that you can change any color, some orange on the bottom AND you ruined it. asus does color right on their gpus because only the lights show colors, and you can have any color you want.

Plus some colors cost more with no actual difference in performance. A white phanteks enthoo pro costs more than the green or black ones, just because it's white. Same with ram with different colored heatspreaders, like blue or white colors being more than red for the same speeds and latency.

Airflow is barely affected nowadays. Back when PATA was common sure, but not now. Although you should still do cable management for ease of upgrading or maintenance.

Because those side-panels are usually shit and easy to scratch, and because they make for a bendy panel in 90% of cases instead of me having a sturdy case.
They are also worthless since i keep my case underneath the desk, and thus a waste of money due to an increased case price over the additional fabrication processes to cut the panel and install a glass turd.

Airflow is completely irrelevant unless you have a tiny case.

>dust
>fingerprints

youtube.com/watch?v=YDCMMf-_ASE

No, pretty much irrelevant.

Agreed

Suddenly case windows actually look decent with some guidelines from companies like NZXT

if ur case has a window kys pls