How much longer before 10GbE becomes mainstream in consumer hardware?

How much longer before 10GbE becomes mainstream in consumer hardware?

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2016/08/11/cisco_gives_cable_industry_a_docsis_echo_canceller_design/
huawei.com/ilink/en/solutions/broader-smarter/morematerial-b/HW_278065
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sadly, I think it'll be a while still.

It was standardised way back in 2002, I think, and has already had 14 years to gain market saturation. I wouldn't be holding your breath.

Most users don't even use ethernet. It's all wireless now.
So, probably never.

And it's good to be honest DESU. Wireless is the future.

Can I get consistent 1GB/s at sub-1ms latency over wifi with no packet loss ever over wifi? If so, then I'm all for it.

Yes

The trick is that nobody gives two shits about you.
Normal, typical person doesn't know what NAS is, and they pretty much don't need more resources.
Business-class laptops is a different case, since these are designed for professionals. Consumer shit is for typical joes. You need faster, better interfaces? Go buy a thinkpad or some shit like that.
Also you should seriously reconsider if you REALLY need 1GB/s NIC to transfer pirated anime from your NAS.

>dat verbosity
can you TL;DR ?

Have they made a wifi standard that doesn't shit itself when more than 15 devices try to connect?

This.

Too much to read, nigger?
yes, it's called Ubiquity Pro

Zen will have on-die 10 GbE controllers like Xeon-D, though it's not known whether the Summit Ridge platform will expose it.

The bigger problems are hebrew-tier switch pricing and the fast that 10GBASE-T transceivers run hot and need Cat>5 wiring.

you are retarded

With 802.11ad you can. Unfortunately no one is implementing it (likely due to the same-room limitation).

802.11ac wave 2 - MU-MIMO

He's not wrong. There's not really any point for the average consumer to have 10Gbit LAN. Dicking around on facebook and watching netflix doesn't even saturate 100mbps LAN.

Ain't gonna happen.

Still waiting for 1Gb to become standard

When >=50% of country has 1Gig connection speed.

This comparison is so fucking retarded, that I'm not even sure if I should respond.
Ethernet is DEPRECATED.

Which will happen when ISPs stop being faggots (aka never).

The tech already exists.

theregister.co.uk/2016/08/11/cisco_gives_cable_industry_a_docsis_echo_canceller_design/

huawei.com/ilink/en/solutions/broader-smarter/morematerial-b/HW_278065

when i see that the local electronics store still sells tons of fast ethernet equipment to normies, probably never

no

I also think I shouldnt have responded

I bet you'll start seeing it show up on expensive gaming motherboards. Not because people need it but because it's something else for them to load onto the board to entice the "gotta have EVERYTHING" segment.

I can get 2gbps right now from comcast for $300/month, but I prefer fios because I get symmetrical down/up. The irony is that the highest tier they offer on their fully fiber network is only 500mbps.

>I can get 2gbps right now from comcast for $300/month
They came up with that deal as a massive middle finger to consumers. They know most people can't use 2gbps due to LAN limitations and $300 is ridiculous for home internet. After they released it they came back to the FCC and other parties saying "Hey, no one seems to want gigabit, we offered them 2x!"

I've been looking into fixed wireless here. There's a company that offers it up to 500mbps but they have limited coverage atm.