This piece of shit

>This piece of shit
I'm fed up with half-assed advice from 12 year olds I find on Google, so I come here.

I bought a Xbox 360 controller for PC
I install the disc, I plug in the reciever, and turn on the Xbox controller.
As I hold down the 'connect' button on the controller to connect to the reciever plugged into my computer, the light on the reciever dissapears. I've tried it about 30 times, and everytime I try to press connect on the controller, the light on the reciever dissapears.
There is no Xbox controller device/Unidentifiable device in my Task manager.

What the fuck do I do, Sup Forums?

Install gentoo

Ask they probably know.

However shit just works on my gentoo install.

>bought wireless pad

found your problem. I've been using the wired x360 pad for 10 years now through at least 3 operating systems and never had an issue.

>The fuck?

If you're using Linux, this shit doesn't work. You have to go wired or use an xbone controller wired.

The only namebrand controllers with full native Linux support are PlayStation 3 and 4 controllers. Both can be Bluetooth connected.

The wired 360 pad is only a good idea if you're poor. If you're not, ten feet isn't enough length to go from your TV to your couch.

If you're sitting at your desk, it's a different story, I guess, but

>muh couch gaming master race

This desu, I haven't had an issue with my off name brand USB 360 controller ever.

if you have a wireless mouse it can interfere. Otherwise make sure it's not a knock off by going to device manager and ensuring it is installed properly. Mine is a knock off and works fine but you have to install the driver from "browse my PC for drivers > find said driver" after installing the software.

Not gonna respond to unserious posts

Will do, as this place is no help.

I don't use Linux, why on earth would I
>Special snowflake

Don't have a wireless mouse.
Not a knock-off.
There is no driver.

gnstall ientoo.

>Not gonna respond to unserious posts
>as i respond to them

have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting?

it works perfectly fine on linux you mongoloid, both with xpad and xboxdrv. I had 0 problems with it, but sold it because shit batttery life.

Are you holding both the button on the controller AND on the receiver at the same time when trying to connect? I have that exact same combo and it works flawlessly for up to 4 controllers easy

I figured it out by myself. Fuck this board, go back to your inflated ego circle-jerk, faggots

Are you *sure* it's not a knock off? Check it has the holographic seal etc. I don't think genuine ones have been in production for a while now.

Mine blew a PCB fuse at some point, but that resulted in it never lighting up when connected to a USB port. I bridged the fuse with a bit of wire and all was good.

just use wired controller

>nvm i fixed it
>*thread closed*

did u use the install disc?

>However shit just works on my gentoo install.
The fattest lie I've heard all day

Return it and get the wired model.

Good, next time do that again

Sup Forums's not tech support and fuck you all for attempting to help this drooling retard

>I install the disc, I plug in the reciever, and turn on the Xbox controller.
>install the disc
>disc

Genuine MS receivers don't come with any kind of install disc since Windows will recognize the hardware automatically
Only chink knockoffs come with driver discs and they fucking suck to get working properly.

>Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.