Mythbusters

ITT we get to the truth about Sup Forums memes.

>you can't use photoshop/adobe on linux
>they run like shit on WINE

BUSTED

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

techbuyersguru.com/gaming-ddr4-memory-2133-vs-26663200mhz-8gb-vs-16gb?page=1
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32438
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It even integrates very well

>1366x768

1366x768 laptop master race. Anything bigger detracts from the comfy factor.

>using linux just to prove a point

Fucking plebs

Myth: faster ram is better for gey ming
Myth confirmed. techbuyersguru.com/gaming-ddr4-memory-2133-vs-26663200mhz-8gb-vs-16gb?page=1

Myth

>Windows 10 is bad

IT'S ACTUALLY THE BEST OS OUT

BUSTED

>needing to use nonfree software
BUSTED
>BUTBUT I CANT USE GIMP
Baby duck.

>Still shot of a program
>SEE? IT DOESNT RUN LIKE SHIT!

>CS6
>not CC

Why don't you try working with large raw images and the 3D tools while you're at it?

MYTH: You can't make a circle in GIMP.

TRUTH: You can. It's as simple as using the Ellipse Selection Tool to first choose the size of circle then Select -> Border from the menu and finally using the Bucket Fill Tool to give the circle a color of your choice.

>not using glorious photoshop cs6

It does run like shit. They still haven't included the brush fixes into Wine by default for some stupid reason, so it runs even more like shit on distros that don't include them. And it often glitches out, shit fucks up when zooming, selections get all weird. It's just not good. I'm a gentoo neckbeard and even I don't want to put up with it.

Hey I found your LinkedIn profile pajeet

Click eclipse tool
Shift drag to specific size
Right click
Hover over edit
Click 'stroke selection'
You can use brush or dictate a particular stroke to use

How does it run? I remember that I stopped trying with Linux around Ubuntu 8.10 since a some programs i used were not completely compatible and CBA to run them under wine. Photoshop, mpc, f2k, etc.

unchecking 'use graphics processor' will fix those things.

Fine. Install WINE and Play on linux and it will even help you set things up with a pre configured setup for each program.

Hardware related. I'm on a modest af rig too. Everything works great though.

Since most CPUs come with virtualization technologies the OS you use is irrelevant if you are not a vidya manlet.

I've always hesitated to make a Windows VM. How much RAM did you give it?

3GB on my desktop with 8GB ram.
2GB on my laptop with 6GB ram.
Runs pretty good, I use it for Office work mostly since you can pause the state and resume working in seconds.

This.

For a laptop at 12'' you don't need more than that.

Huh, that's faster than actually opening word or excel huh?

>0.4GHz
holy fuck user your shit is slow

>tfw my i7 runs at 20°C in Firefox with a simple cm 212
>tfw I have 8 threads of pure beauty
>tfw I have 16 GiB of RAM

I am the bestest of them all.

neofetch isn't detecting it right. Here is the correct info.

It's faster if you need to pause your work and do it later, plus it's nice to have all that in one "container".
If WINE was perfect I would still prefer using a VM.

Why did you delete this?

Because I posted it on the wrong thread. The post is now at

It's true thought, GIMP can't compete, it's not because it's free software, it's because it's promoted as such, the devs doesn't care about quality.
Look at blender for example, it can perfectly compete with software like Maya because it's quality driven, not to please RMS.

That's right. The thing that scares most people away from GIMP is that it doesn't even try to present itself well other than "it's free". It puts off both regular users and potential contributors. For an image editing program, one would think having a good interface would be the highest priority, but the creators disagree.

IMO, the best way is:
selection to path -> stroke path

Because this way you can manipulate the path multiple times and use it for different purposes.

>I remember that I stopped trying with Linux around Ubuntu 8.10
Then your info it's very outdated obviously. I personally started using linux full time in 2013 with raring ringtail and the 14.04 LTS was (and is) solid as fuck in general.

A common one:
>Linux has no games
>All linux games are thrash

This obviously comes from very salty people but i think the following pasta is relevant:

Not him but the no games argument is not true anymore. Windows is the best os for gaming mostly due to most game developers are trained into developing for it with microsoft's closed APIs, so the simple process of porting a game that was developed for windows to any other platform will affect negatively the performance of the game. This with the fact that the marketshare is small compared to windows there's hardly an incentive at the moment to optimize for linux, making look as if the platform were worse for games than windows when in fact to flip the situation you'll need to change the idiosyncrasies on the industry itself.

The fact though is that the situation on linux is not nearly the same than two years ago and now those who prefer linux over windows now can play games on it, helping to break the vicious circle, but still there's a lot of things to do for linux to compete in the gaming side. I anyone wants for this to change i recommend to play the games you can on linux when possible and ask for linux ports.

I notice some people doesn't want's for this to happen but if that the case let me ask (not directed specifically to the person i'm replying): how are any of you benefited in a meaningful way with the current situation? because i consider that keeping the statu quo just to have a tool to win an argument on what OS is better is not a meaningful thing. how having less options and practically being locked to MS products benefits you?

Some links:
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos

Krita is pretty good though

Krita is designed for drawing, though. It's not really a replacement for Photoshop or GIMP.

That's bullshit

While it's true that it's focused on drawing i find it very nice for manipulation tasks, just saying.

It really is. The whole drawing thing is just the way they are advertising it.

Someone that's good with photoshop here? I don't know where to ask, but i also don't want to make a thread, anyway, i just forgot what pencil i was using, i tried all options and i cant find it again, here is a example of a part of a drawing that i made with it

did you try the "tiny dick" pencil?

saved

tyvm

Funnily I made it with a mix of Krita and Photoshop while fucking around taking screens to post ITT

E5-2683v3 + 64GB RAM here :3

Telegram is broken and used by ISIS

Nice try, snapchat shill

>For a laptop at 12'' you don't need more than that.
even my 5" 1920x1080 phone is too low resolution
how can you even look at 12" 1366x768 and not wanting to gouge your eyes out??

>even my 5" 1920x1080 phone is too low resolution

Tell me why dont your spoon your eyes out and dip them in sriracha when you go to the cinema and watch movies in 2k on a 40ft screen

>solus is a good distro

BUSTED

>solus is not a good distro

>he pays the cinemajew to watch literal jew propaganda

Not him but the no games argument is still true. Windows is the best OS for gaming mostly due to DirectX being better than garbage Khronos puts out, so the simple process of porting a game that was developed for console to Windows to won't affect negatively the performance of the game. This with the fact that the Linux marketshare is small compared to Windows due to garbage like OpenGL/OpenAL, unstable ABIs and horrible audio stack.

The fact though is that the situation on Linux is still the same as decade ago, it's unstable trash and now those who prefer Linux still have nogames, keeping the vicious circle, but still there's a lot of things to do for Linux to compete in the gaming side. You can beg like bunch of entitled chidren on Steam forums spamming epic "no tux = no bux"

I notice some people want Linux to happen but let me ask (not directed specifically to the person i'm replying): how are any of you benefited in a meaningful way with the Linux? Because I consider that software freedom to be meme of autistic unemployed neckbeards not contributing any meaningful way to technology.

>linux is for autistic unemployed neck beards
>I can't switch to linux because it means I can't play video games

Neck yourself

The benefit of of free and open software is that it prevents any single company from monopolising the industry. Which is exactly what directx and Microsoft did in the 90s. Now they use their market share and ecosystem to try and maintain their monopoly.

Also, why would I want to shell out hundreds of dollars for something that I can do for free?

Kubuntu?
What's your configuration?
And What's your hardware?

>linux has thumbnails in filepicker

BUSTED

>only photoshop, not other programs
>even though Pixelmator is better anyway.
I need Premiere and AE, plebs
myth: linux isn't shit
truth: it's an asian clone of bsd (ancient version of plan9)

MYTH: Thinkpads are the best laptops, everything else is shit
TRUTH: Thinkpads were pretty good laptops decades ago under IBM, and are "ok laptops" now.

>falling for the Photoshop meme
>falling for the loonix-desktop meme
>using wine to combine memes

Can you run the latest release?

MYTH: Microsoft cares about your problems
TRUTH: Microsoft doesn't give a shit about you unless they can earn some money with your data.

Why would you want to run that crap? It's not like they fixed any bugs

>I need Premiere and AE, plebs
FUCKING THIS
Muh Open Source faggots can die in a shithole

Because it's up-to-date, has better UI, more features & is overall superior.
Can you now answer my first question?

>CC
>ever
Kys cloudfag

Can't you look it up yourself?

appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32438

Funny enough i was trying to set this up tonight. Frustrating af, installed it fine with PoL but brush lags behind my mouse, save as web refuses to work and sometimes it won't read saved files

Also no copy paste is a killer

>Defragging SSDs is useless
BUSTED

Defrag away.

Typical poorfag response.

Is this enough?

>Bunch of Linux babies asking "does it run?"
>Meanwhile, I'm over here with Windows 7, the best OS ever, and everything runs for me except for Macshit

>1366x768
>comfy
chose one

It's Fedora dawg

That's just gtk filepicker. You are free to use something else.

Kdialog pic related.

Man, going to load this awesome GSKILL XxxXSephirothXxxX TurboSKILLZ 4000 HZ memsticks for the ultimate box!

>> 2% increase in FPS

Pausing the state and resuming it later in a VM is the comfiest feeling in computing I experienced in a while

who ever said anything about paying?

This my nigga.
No one uses that shit, cs6 is still the best.
Also >cloud botnet

Perfect way to start OP

Is KDE the true savior of GNU?

Maybe if they quit breaking it constantly. I have to troubleshoot something almost every time I start a session.

>photoshop
I have no use for that shit

Get a job you fucking commie

>defending state created monopolies.
Statist cuck.

Grow up, kid.

Why can't Sup Forums get over the fact that 99% of professionals use Microsoft Windows?

Autism

Professional screenshot skills right there.
Very readable.

Linux is complete shit and not meant to be used as a desktop OS

99% desktop users are computer illiterate. They don't know any other OSes except windows.

please post transparent feels

BUSTED

Once you get the hang of it, Linux is a pretty nice OS you can fall in Love with

>

>Fedora
>using the meme distro

>Defending state power
>Calls other communists
Grab a book Tyrone.