Why didn't apple just put a hdmi, usb and sd card adapter in the charger?

Why didn't apple just put a hdmi, usb and sd card adapter in the charger?

>oled display

Autism

>Using outdated standards

Why do you insist on keeping around the old and dated.

Just move the fuck on.

>Using computers
Computers are obsolete apple will soon remove the trackpad, the keyboard and even the screen

Not OP but.
How does the saying go?
> If it isn't broke don't fix it.
That is especially true with industry set standards. E.G. 3.5 mm headphone jack has been around since the 19th century. Yet is still mostly around (Unless you're an apple shill and actually bought the 7). The reason it is still around is because it is an excellent and convenient thing to have. Also it doesn't fuck customers over it proprietary shit for literally everything. While it could be argues that the customers like have few wires. There still needs to be a minimum other than one kind of input for a different companies technology.

>hdmi
Haven't needed one in at least 6 months
>sd card reader
is it 2002?
>usb
adapter is $9 or $4 for nonofficial, but yeah I wouldn't have minded one usb

Apple knows what they're doing

I've never used HDMI or the SD card reader, and USB-C is still USB.

Unlike the majority of this board, I'm old enough to remember the outrage people had when Apple removed the CD/DVD drive on their Macbook Air the first time, and how fanboys were laughing and saying that Apple is finished. Less than a year later, Lenovo stopped including it on their Thinkpads too.

Your idea doesn't lead to more money.

>hdmi
>Haven't needed one in at least 6 months
You obviously don't have a job that involves presentations (pro remember)

>sd card reader
>is it 2002?
I can agree with this, but a lot of photographers want it

>usb
>adapter is $9 or $4 for nonofficial, but yeah I wouldn't have minded one usb
But what's the point of having a light laptop if you need to lug around adapters?

>You obviously don't have a job that involves presentations (pro remember)
Not him, but I do actually (I give presentations every week or so). And all projectors I've used use either VGA or DVI, so I have adapters for that. I also have an adapter for HDMI, since I only have a single HDMI port on my MBP. Whenever I use a display, I just use the thunderbolt ports which is compatible with mini-DP.

>I can agree with this, but a lot of photographers want it
What cameras use SD and don't support transfer via USB these days?

>But what's the point of having a light laptop if you need to lug around adapters?
The point of a laptop is to have it in your lap, not sitting it on your desk and using all sorts of peripherals.

Most photographers don't use sd readers anymore and I don't think Apple should cater to the small minority that is so technologically behind.

>Using outdated hardware

>I don't think Apple should cater to the small minority
they already do. they're called faggots

really? I have never seen a dvi wallplate in my life. Always vga / hdmi

Apple doesn't like you extending/upgrading their PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL appliances.

I had hoped that shit would have ended with Jobs.
Like the first time he left and Apple could finally start making upgradable Macs.

>I've never used HDMI

I'm a paleontologist and this is not true.

all research indicates that when the dinosaurs were going extinct, they didn't give a shit.
they probably would've been pissed if they knew Michael Moore would talk shit about them 66 million years later though.

Except HDMI non of these is outdated (SD card = outdated? Are you literally retarded). Just because you use it for shitposting doesn't mean there are people who actually use them for work (yeah yeah insert applel and work joke here) and need this "ancient ports of the elders".

People who raged over the lack of optical drive in the Air were stupid. The Air was designed around being ultra light and ultra portable, which meant slashing the bulk of the optical drive.

Apple didn't immediately remove optical drives from their Macbook Pro line though. This time they have slashed several features from the Macbook Pro, which may not mean anything for you but means something for many people who buy the Macbook Pros for work.
The Macbook tried to prepare the world for USB-C only peripherals but we still aren't ready yet, and that's why this was a mistake.

>Why do you insist on keeping around the old and dated.
>Just move the fuck on.
ok so why won't they move iphone7 port to usb-c? no other phone or device will ever output audio on their stupid socket

>HDMI is outdated
Does this mean we're finally going back to based VGA?

because they know the goyim will pay for the dongles... the dongles goyim, buy them all, use your credit card, only 10% interest a month.
good goyim, the faggot cook sure got you hooked.

>What cameras use SD and don't support transfer via USB these days?
Photographers often take several SD cards to a shoot and have to swap them out during the day.
The SD card reader is so they can copy the files off their stack of SD cards later.
Also, USB transfer is needlessly battery consuming for most cameras.

and still he paid for it

The 2015 13" rMBP does not have this problem.