Hi Sup Forums. So i have fucked up badly and I have cracked my MacBook retina 12" screen...

Hi Sup Forums. So i have fucked up badly and I have cracked my MacBook retina 12" screen. Your proberby thinking wow you bought a fucking meme book you got what you deserved. Well I received the laptop as a present when going into college and have had it for just over a year now. Basically It has the extended 3 year warranty. Which unfortunately doesn't cover accidental damage for obvious reasons. If I had money I would just replace it but currently my saving consists of 180AUD, what do you think the chances are of me being Able to get a free or reduced cost for the screen replacement, I was thinking of calling Apple and explain the situation of how the screen has been cracked, be really nice and when they give me a quote tell them my school financial situation and if that's the cheapest way of getting it fixed. Or I was thinking of going in store and asking them to fix it all nice and when they give me a quote ask stupid and play the whole "but I bought the expensive warranty that the man who sold me the computer said covered everything except if you drop your computer in liquid". Thanks for reading this whole thing. So what does /g recommend to do, plus I need the computer 4 da educations as soon as possible

Other urls found in this thread:

theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2404318/ifixit-apples-12in-macbook-is-near-impossible-to-repair
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

reddit r/apple

I mean, I'm completely serious, you're only going to get meme answers here

Also sorry for the potato Quilty photos :/

>Aussie
>image is flipped
10/10

Use your 180AUD to buy a cheap thankpad. Do macbooks have video-out ports? Use one of those to get a screen and transfer the files to the thankpad.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Seconding this

I can't see. Rotate it once more.

Apple refuses to fix glaring design flaws in their phones under warranty, what makes you think they will cover your dumbass mistakes?
Make sure your next laptop isn't expensive so when you sit on it like retard and break the screen it won't hurt as much

Sorry ;(
Thanks for your advice, I'll do that tomorrow
Doin my best :(

About r/apple, use a separate identity (not your usual nickname you use everywhere on the Internet).

You should always use separate identities.

Ok. Any particular reason why?

holy bait

Maybe telling Reddit with an identity that could easily be bound to your IRL identity could be used in the future, if you go in a procedure or who knows?

Also because Sup Forums (cross-board Sup Forums and Sup Forums) guys could use it to find you?

The question marks are not sarcasm, just here because that's purely hypothetical. You should always use separate identities imo tho.

Cheers mate, will keep that in mind :)

Install Gentoo.

how would that fix the problem? do you even know what gentoo is?

theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2404318/ifixit-apples-12in-macbook-is-near-impossible-to-repair

Do you? If that happens, next time you'll sell such a present and buy a decent laptop for a decent OS.

Lel, copying this concept from some green texts from this board a while back
Have Mac for school computer:
>open computer
>open onenote
>start working
>go get Starbucks after school cause basic retard using mac
Use Gentoo in school computer:
>open computer
>start smashing keyboard in middle of class
>adjust anime wallpaper
> hammer terminal to install drivers for computer to work with school projector
> tell person next to you there os sucks
> computer covered in Gentoo and computer related stickers
> own a illegal Katana in dorm room
> go to party, meet girl, kneel down and kill girls hand
>wears fedora to class

Glad i am a ubuntu user

Dodged yourself a bullet

If anyone cares this is the warranty I have on the laptop

Read up about applecare and see how much the repair will cost. I am pretty sure it gives you a discount on accidental stuff in addition to the standard warrenty.

how would you even know what laptop i have?

>be programmer
>use gentoo
>need package
>installs without any conflicts

>Or I was thinking of going in store and asking them to fix it all nice and when they give me a quote ask stupid and play the whole "but I bought the expensive warranty that the man who sold me the computer said covered everything except if you drop your computer in liquid"
do this

but more importantly, don't make a thread this dumb on Sup Forums again

Thankyou for your advice, will proberbly do tomorrow. Sorry :/

You forgot
>Spend half the day compiling from source

Hey buddy you come from dumbland?

Try not being a clumsy idiot next time

With 4GB and a HDD it takes 3 to 4 hours to emerge --ask @world --deep for the first time.

SUCK SOME DICKS AND SAVE FOR NEW ONE

If you have AppleCare it should cover accidental damage, at least it does in America.

>spending 4 hours to build JUST the core distro.
>spending dozens more compiling all the other packages you need
All of this can be done in under an hour on a non meme distro. Nice try gentard.

>gentard
I don't run Gentoo, but besides proving you're basically a bag of shit this is the least adjective I'd expect about a Gentoo user.

This was in a 4GB VM with a HDD, the speed is not a problem in most northern countries (or if you don't live in your mum's basement ;)). I'd rather invoke the fact that "most if not all Gentoo systems are completely broken (missing or mismatched header files, broken compiler etc. are just the tip of the iceberg)" (section 7 of the urxvt manual).