Need advice on a new router...

Need advice on a new router. Should I get a Linksys WRT AC3200 or should I go for a more precise route with a dedicated router,and AP? I want to use openwrt or dd-wrt on my router so what should I get?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-mobile.com/accessories/t-mobile-wi-fi-cellspot-router.html
amazon.com/Ubiquiti-EdgeRouter-Advanced-Gigabit-Ethernet/dp/B00YFJT29C
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X + UniFi AC Lite AP and you're set.

Don't waste your time and money with that consumer grade shit.

I think I can setup the Ap,not sure about stand alone router how would I go about that?

Get yourself a Liknsys 1900 or the 3200 in case u hate your money.DD-Wrt is for fagots, use OpenWRT or LEDE.

or get a $10-$15 wrt54Gx and play with openwrt first before buying a expensive one

I am a fag then,cause I didnt have the terminals in order to flash openwrt
Does dd-wrt count it cost 20 bucks?

If I go ubiquiti route do I use thier software or flash openwrt?

I am a networking noob so will I need to bridge my modem/router to the edge router,and call for the ppoee login shit?

$60 for brand new AC 1900 router.

t-mobile.com/accessories/t-mobile-wi-fi-cellspot-router.html

You're gonna have to mod it a bit to get Tomato/Merlin/OpenWRT etc to work on it though.

Can you log visited URLs with it?

>Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
Apparently the router can't utilize gigabit speeds well compared to some consumer grade routers.

Oh and it's a nice piece of kit for the money but only if you don't need to utilize speeds near a gigabit.

amazon.com/Ubiquiti-EdgeRouter-Advanced-Gigabit-Ethernet/dp/B00YFJT29C

>I am a fag then,cause I didnt have the terminals in order to flash openwrt
ehh?
the preoces to flash openwrt and dd-wrt is pretty much the same, check the wikis if u dont know how to
>Does dd-wrt count it cost 20 bucks?
ehhhh?
dd-wrt is FOSS you dont have to pay for it.
>$60 for brand new AC 1900 router.
it's $99 and it's a rebranded ASUS router, never ever buy hardware from carriers

>the preoces to flash openwrt and dd-wrt is pretty much the same, check the wikis if u dont know how to

When I was checking I needed a TTL Serial USB which I did not have.

>dd-wrt is FOSS you dont have to pay for it.

I ment my router cost me 20 bucks which is used to test things,and was gonna flash openwrt,but when I checked it said i needed to use TTL serials.

TTL serials are in case u fuck up something and need to do a hard flash.The r handy but no need for them if u are carefull. thats why i tell u get a Lynksys wrt54g and experiment, in case u live in usa they are plenty of those in craigslist.

If you live in the USA (YMMV in others) you can generally find loads of cheap routers on craigslist or other similar sites. Local surplus too. Picked up a few routers that were N capable but the owners switched to AC. You just need to buy the right ones that can be flashed. Hooked up family that way.

a great router for dd-wrt is the netgear wnr2000 v2
They can be bought cheaply, run ddwrt and I have been running two of them for 5 years now

I'd get what you posted OP, the ACS1900 and install DD-WRT on it. I bought mine on amazon for $120 and did it. Plus it has fantastic range. I get full or near full signal throughout my house. I'm living in a two story with a basement, about 3000sqft and its great everywhere.

I also have a desktop in my room with a powerline connected to the router on the first floor and get solid stable fast speeds.

Yea ton of linksys and netgear used in my area. They're generally 5-15 bucks.

What about mikro tik equipment?

whats the difference between a netgear nighthawk and a wrt1900ac

Anyone know how to bridge a ffth to a router?

LEDE checking in..

Here is 'Material' theme for faggots.

???
what are the features that separate it from the rest?

also isn't edge router slow? there some link about 35 dollar router being faster than it.

really it's just the SoC that's different the wrt1900ac(s) uses a Marvell and nighthawk uses a Qualcomm SoC (only 70% sure about that). Marvell has been pretty good about upstreaming the drivers so I've been supporting them.

>edge router slow? there some link about 35 dollar router being faster than it.

I was only showcasing two of the web interfaces for OpenWrt/LEDE. This firmware is POWERFUL, and will run on MANY types of hardware. Just deployed this to Rasberry Pi. There are literally thousands of packages that can be installed (depending on your hardware) to expand the functionality of this firmware making your device extremely versatile.

You only need to visit the package repos to get an idea of what is possible. It is not for beginners, though. Well worth the effort.

UBNT is consumer-grade too

I have their powerbeam m5 and and the unit is getting unstable on 60mbit of torrent traffic dropping packets like flies due to high softirq

Why do fucking internet numales need such fancy routers? As an 'IT Guy' I cringe at this shit. Go buy yourself a 20 dollar router that supports dd-wrt/tomato like an ASUS RT-N10P and change the firmware. Your main rig should always be wired to a switch. For fuck sakes why do you plebs always rely on $150 wireless routers?

better wifi! better transfer rates!!

I have gigabit internet and am getting shitty 400mb/s on a cat6 cable. What's a good gigabit router?

>IT Guy