Man, libreoffice is such a resource hog, maybe I'll just buy ms office and be done with it, it can't be that expensive

>man, libreoffice is such a resource hog, maybe I'll just buy ms office and be done with it, it can't be that expensive
>okay, license for 1 pc, 70$ is a bit much but okay...
>...70$ for one year

what the fuck were they thinking? surely people aren't dumb enough to fall for this?

>what the fuck were they thinking? surely people aren't dumb enough to fall for this?
you sure?

>what the fuck were they thinking? surely people aren't dumb enough to fall for this?

How naive can you be? And also if they are smart Office is still the standard and absolutely needed in the industry pretty much no matter the cost. People would pay $200 for it every year as well. Until the cost is so large that it is cheaper to train everyone to use libreoffice or something. But then on the other hand all the customers use MS office and expect Office documents so they would likely still buy MS Office even when it is cheaper to retrain.

>surely people aren't dumb enough to fall for this?

Microsoft have had 99% market share for how long again?

25 years was it?

their market is now offices that buy licenses in bulk for their employees.

google had been doing that for a while now, selling google for business as a SaaS for almost a decade and Microsoft wanted a piece of the SaaS pie.

Everyone else seems to be stuck using KMS activated, outdated versions of Office and office for Android.

We push all our clients to 365 and they love it. You think 12$ /user/mo is a lot to business? They waste way more money an pointless shit

>outdated versions of office

I was wondering if office 2013 is worth it. I can see it being sold pretty cheap on many sites and it makes me think they keys were bought with bogus credit cards or some shit and will stop working after a while

I guess. You have to understand that you're rolling a dice here, and at any given point, Microsoft could, for no good reason whatsoever, update their proprietary docx format and make it thoroughly incompatible with older versions of Office, if it isn't already.

>this is the WHAT IF THE SERVERS GO DOWN???? of word processing and spreadsheet file formats
ate one too many paint chips as a child, huh

I mean, I'd rather just pirate it, it's what I mean. Or not use office at all.

purchasing and using goods obtained by fradulent/ilicitly-obtained payment methods, from websites probably run by Russian/Chinese gangsters = A-OK
....but what if microsoft hypothetically change their document formats???? WHOA hold on there one second mister!!

Then your purchase would be worth zit?

i think you're being wilfully obtuse

From the beginning I argued that purchasing office 2013 might not be worth it in the long run, attempting to give good, balanced advice. You got all defensive for a reason, stop being so jumpy.

>I argued that purchasing office 2013 might not be worth it in the long run, attempting to give good, balanced advice
i'm making fun of you for being a-ok with basically going into a smelly dirty alley because you're cheapwad enough to purchase stolen goods, and 'balancing' this with the absurd, preposterous idea that microsoft will something something their file formats because they're cartoon supervillains. literally 'apple will totally only let you call iphones from other iphones in ios11 i swear on me mum'-tier

so really i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you're a troll, and that you're not literally, earnestly that stupid. you stupid stupid-head. get a brain, stupid

ya'll are aware that you can still buy the normal office versions right? 365 is an idiot trap.

>expecting insight from the 'tech support for Sup Forums and Sup Forums' subreddit
i wish, user

wow shit i don't even care enough to respond to all that straw picking garbage, if you want pissing contests, just ask for pissing contests.

Not if you want outlook online and all our clients demand it

ms office is unironically reasonably priced

they could basically charge what they like and people would still use it

>outlook online
....why?

Are your clients small businesses? It would make sense for them, but anything larger should easily be able to run an exchange server

>the normal office versions
If you go with the 'not tied to an online account' option, you lose out on the Skype minutes and Onedrive storage. Them's the breaks.

>anything larger should easily be able to run an exchange server
'a durrrr i couldn't imagine why anyone would WANT to use cloud email, therefore nobody ever would. i'm smart'

>wow shit i don't even care enough to respond to all that straw picking garbage
'you're wrong, but i can't explain why in a way that doesn't make _me_ wrong'
uh huh. right

you don't need to buy ANY version of office to use outlook online as an individual. And you can connect desktop Outlook to an individual outlook online account. So if you're telling people they have to buy office 365 licenses to use outlook.com for personal use you're an asshole.

>skype minutes
>onedrive storage
And nothing of value was lost, especially since that onedrive storage keeps shrinking

>personal use
yes all those 'clients' for personal use. right

>And nothing of value was lost
'a durrrr i couldn't imagine why anyone would WANT to use [PLACEHOLDER FOR ONLINE SERVICES], therefore nobody ever would. i'm smart'

Like I said, for small businesses it makes a lot of sense. Larger companies it doesn't.

And a business isn't using fucking regular skype, it's using skype for business, which is a whole separate beast. I'm now convinced you're clients are mom and pop shops.

what are you even arguing

because it sounds to me like you just don't understand the idea or the whys of paying for office as a subscription.

The big ones do still use exchange, pretty much small n med business need it

If you don't know the difference between skype and skype for business you aren't working with any companies of any sort of decent size or scope.

You've been putting forth benefits that are specific to the consumer version of Office 365 (skype minutes, one drive storage) and acting like they apply to your business "clients". So it seems clear you are the one who has no idea what he is talking about. Good day sir, I'm not wasting my time any further on you.

Why would ever pay for office? Just pirate it

I get it legally for free, along with pretty much any other Microsoft product. Having a coompany-paid MSDN subscription is nice.

>specific to the consumer version of Office 365
>one drive storage
literally false, but ok-
>Good day sir, I'm not wasting my time any further on you
-hahahaha. being this mad about fucking office software. hahaha, faggot

You literally get it for free with Office Online, but it's a little complex for normals.

I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT I SWEAR!!!

Muh pirate bae

>ms office is unironically reasonably priced
It totally is. I did the sums once, I think over three years the subscription plans work out to a marginal difference over the flat purchase option that doesn't include the TB of onedrive storage; and that's if you buy direct from MS. Occasionally Amazon or even fucking supermarkets will have a deal going on Office subs