I got banned from a small forum a few years ago and would really like to return...

I got banned from a small forum a few years ago and would really like to return. My IP has definitely changed at least a couple times since then but I have no idea if they can still detect me.

I've also received a new modem since then, so should I also have a new MAC address?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mozilla.org/Fingerprinting
panopticlick.eff.org/static/browser-uniqueness.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They can detect you based on coockies and your browsers finger prints.

I'm using Chrome now, back then I was using Firefox, though.

You're fine lmao
Just don't reveal you're the same person

Also, I got banned around 2013 so I'm using a completely new computer since then. Fairly sure that would remove any un-detectable cookies, right?

lol years later and they still got you by the balls... KEK!

But you still have the same wires coming out of your home/house, that's easily detectable by their routers

You know how Cisco routers have that Fast ethernet, gigabit ethernet, 10gbit interfaces? Those are used to detect the type of wire that comes into the router

move to a new house in a new country and get plastic surgery just to be safe

Don't forget to get a sex change too

Dont be a retard and register ith a similar username

/thread

damn... well the market here is getting better, time to sell my house

anything else?

Unless that small forum is NSA.gov literally the only way a website can track you is by IP, cookies, and fingerprinting.

the first 2 I get but what is fingerprinting?

printing fingers

When you went to print your fingers has NSA seen you doing it? If yes, then you're screwed

A website looks at all possible data your browser provides to it (UserAgent, screen resolution, plugins, fonts, timezone, etc).

Putting all of that information together (and assuming most of them stay the same), a site can often uniquely identify a user using only browser data.
Here's a more detailed explanation:
wiki.mozilla.org/Fingerprinting

OP you are stupid as fuck.

Also, a really good paper on the math behind it:
panopticlick.eff.org/static/browser-uniqueness.pdf

The cookies reincarnate and travel to new computer if you've any ties to old computer

ignorance =/= stupidity

so if the admin of the forum is some overzealous fuck he's going to find out who you are no matter what?

interesting

i know this isn't what you want to hear, but these days any small website can uniquely idenfy any human by the pressure applied on the mouse button or laptop touchpad using the proper combination of google APIs, so you cannot re-join the forums even if you tried it from you sister's PC that lives in france.

i'm really sorry

now jokes aside,

> small forum
>a few years ago
jesus h fuck user, how freightened are you?

probably just turning off your modem overnight and using another browser would have you back on the forums the next day.

ofc you can just force your modem to get a new ip depending on a lot of things, and you can create another profile on the same browser, reset your profile, or just clean the cookies.

the server could use flash cookies to detect your operating system across browsers, but you should have noscript extension, or at leats not have flash enabled by default on all domains anyways...

I mean all of that shit is easy to hide if you have more than 2 brain cells, but 99.9% of normies on the internet don't have a clue and are regularly being tracked this way by big data companies like Google/Amazon (and think they are safe just because they use VPNs and delete their cookies).

Unless the moderators at those forums are turbo-autists who hold grudges for 3 decades, you'll be fine.

Just use a different nickname.

It's 'your'. We don't take kindly to people who use "you're" correctly like you do. You are supposed to use "your" when you mean "you are"

The cookies are being constantly broadcasted by the CIA using high powered satellite beams and will burn themselves permanently into the ROM of any new electronics purchased

your figuratively retarded?

agreed
also get new fingerprints

No, literally... But ironically