Daily reminder that there are people on this board RIGHT NOW that aren't using the ONLY major distro doesn't use a...

Daily reminder that there are people on this board RIGHT NOW that aren't using the ONLY major distro doesn't use a buggy, insecure display server by default.

Why haven't you installed Fedora user? Do you want unauthorized programs to listen to your terminal window's keypresses as you type your root password? Do you like screen tearing? Do you like your display server to be slow and unresponsive?

Other urls found in this thread:

fedoraproject.org/wiki/Red_Hat_contributions
spins.fedoraproject.org/xfce
spins.fedoraproject.org/lxde
spins.fedoraproject.org/kde
spins.fedoraproject.org/cinnamon
spins.fedoraproject.org/mate-compiz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>doing unpaid beta testing for (((Red Hat)))
Good going cuck

>enjoy being a beta-tester for Red Hat

>cuck
>((()))
Take your conspiritard nonsense elsewhere. This board is for people who enjoy using SECURE software that WORKS

fedoraproject.org/wiki/Red_Hat_contributions
>Hehe stupid normies with jobs :^) I wish those faggots never made any contributions to Linux and FOSS. And I'll never use Wayland either! I love insecure software! Take my root password!
There are literally no freetards on this board who aren't NEET pedophiles. Fact.

25 is actually pretty good

>This board is for people who enjoy using SECURE software that WORKS
this
We use Windows 10

I'm using Fedora 25 too.

I have a theory. The universe revolves around me. Because I'm using Fedora, other people are using it and making threads about it. If I was using another distro they would post about different distros.

I do use it, on 6 different machines.i just wish you could choose DE on installation so that I didn't have a bunch of double stuff

>I have a theory. The universe revolves around me. Because I'm using Fedora, other people are using it and making threads about it.
In reality you're just jumping on a bandwagon and everyone is switching to it because it's the best OS right now. Distros without Wayland support by default

That's not openbsd

>i just wish you could choose DE on installation
you can.

spins.fedoraproject.org/xfce
spins.fedoraproject.org/lxde
spins.fedoraproject.org/kde
spins.fedoraproject.org/cinnamon
spins.fedoraproject.org/mate-compiz

Because my gpu is too old to have official wayland enabled drivers. I'll probably never upgrade from Ubuntu 16.04.

>We will change GDM to use wayland by default for GNOME. The code will automatically fall back to Xorg in cases where wayland is unavailable (like nvidia).

So what's the deal, can't use Wayland with nvidia dedicated?

You can install Wayland in Arch.

>computer@computer

>complaining about Sup Forums on an alt-right Sup Forums website

>not anonymizing host/username for connecting to networks, screenshots and more
computer@computer masterrace

>Install GNOME on Arch to see if it's changed at all since 2012
>It's actually pretty damn decent now, even uses Wayland
>On wayland it will fuck up inputs, so Retroarch, full screen applications, games and most WINE programs don't work
>Switch the fuck back to Xorg where everything works
Wayland is a shitty meme
There's literally nothing wrong with X that can't be fixed with a simple text file

hey OP is my display server legit??

i might try it again soon

log in under Xorg session if you want gaymen, Wayland is the future and works now for everything else

also comes with selinux on by default and policies for firefox, etc. + 4.8 kernel

bretty gud

we have a project at work that only runs against a 4.8 kernel, so i've been using fedora in a vm to test it

Does gparted still refuse to start on Wayland? I'm not upgrading until this is confirmed working.

Why the fuck would I do that when everything works perfect in X?
You do realize that gnome doesn't use wayland outside the gui right?
Everything else runs under xwayland.
There's literally not a single reason to replace Xorg

Is fedora noob friendly?

yes

Wait, i wasn't supposed to install gentoo?

Senpai, weedowz 10 is not secure.

I was using Fedora for a few months before the following happened..
>dnf upgrade to new kernel
>rebooted to no modules loaded. Networking completely broken, no wifi, no wired
>It's ok dnf supports transactional upgrades, i can just rollback
>rollback fails because packages aren't cached locally and old version removed from mirrors

Truly a modern distro...

>selinux
It's just targeted policy, Gentoo hardened had strict userland policy + grsec/PaX.
Literally no reason to use linux kernel without using Grsec/PaX + any LSM u want.

Nope, Nvidia isn't supporting it.

Running pretty gud here.

Only bad thing is the terrible hidpi support on gnome. My previous KDE install had much better support.

xwayland doesn't support graphics tablets

you're a fag. relro binaries and selinux with fortify source is almost as good as openbsd.

user@home is fine

I would use fedora if it wouldn't be so buggy on my laptop.
Last time I've checked (few months ago) my screen was all glitched out and installing intel drivers didn't helped either.
So using archlinux now, it just werks.

Because Mageia has the perfect balance of ease of use/customizability/security for me

Sue me

Also I miss Mandriva

this

also the botnet, wew

It doesn't include third party non free repos so u have to use rpm fusion

But 10 is botnet

x768
Yea you're really rockin the world man

don't you mean mandrake?

I recently switched to OpenSuse after 2 years of Gentoo. I canĀ“t complain.

whats this? screenfetch does not show that much info.

>>root@
>>showing any kind of ip addr

The installation program crashes in startup in the live CD

i think it is neofetch

Enjoy your shit DE, shit fonts, shit package manager and shit redhat bugs.

Tell me about it, just installed it as my first distro and now I come across this thread

i'm comfy as fuck desu

you can if you use the netinstall image that's available on their website as an alternative download.

just select the older kernel version on GRUB, as the old kernel isn't removed when upgrading, until another kernel update comes out.

>Wayland less buggy than X
>implying anything connected to your X server isn't in a position to steal all your files and log your keypresses on a lower level
>X tearing with proper drivers
>wanting to be forced to suckle your desktop environment's teets for screen capture and hotkey capabilities

Wew lad ya got me

Just install Solus.

I am using an OS that doesn't use a buggy, insecure display server by default, it's just not a Linux distro

Can anyone on fedora 25 post the output of these commands?

modinfo snd_hda_intel | grep srcversion
cat /lib/modules/4.8.0-22-generic/modules.builtin | grep snd-hda-intel
cat /sys/module/snd_hda_intel/parameters/power_save

Their intel hd sound driver worked for me when all other distros it was bugged. Trying to figure out why.

>laptop specs

Try Solus

forgot pic

Who /comfy/ here?

Sup Forums was always a containment board and a mistake

ah darn looks like you aren't using the driver. also it had worked for me on kernel version 4.8.6, yours is a little bit older. I'll try turning off powersave, maybe that will work lol. powersave fucks up everything

i am.