Why haven't you preordered reMarkable yet? It's the perfect gift this Christmas

Why haven't you preordered reMarkable yet? It's the perfect gift this Christmas.

youtube.com/watch?v=34I27KPZM6g

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=61KARc7TfBc
youtube.com/watch?v=dZewnFXl_MY
youtube.com/watch?v=YnbhLStChMc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because i already have the Sony e-reader.

But the reMarkable has only 55ms latency, but the e-reader has over 100ms

I'm reading books and writing shit nigger,
you think i give a fuck about latency?
This ain't a smartphone.

I'll probably end up not using it.

Wat

something about this post smells fishy, but that actually looks fairly decent. no way in fuck I'm paying $600 for one though. Even though Sony's version is $800 (I think its just called the sony digital paper system), that shouldn't be looked at as a baseline.

I dont really care how much R&D went into it, how expensive the canvas screen is, or how good the battery is, I'm not paying more than $250 for one. I dont even keep full notes in my notebook, just fragmented ideas and such, that I expand on later on my computer because typing is way quicker, I can deal with going through 2-3 notebooks a year since I just throw them out after they get full anyways

Let me break it down to you cakeboy.
The only two things that matter when it comes to writing capable tablets, or e-readers when there are some, are:
1. Battery Life
2. Palm Rejection Software

Anything else is banal trivial moronics.
Especially latency when the whole purpose of the device is not to do rapid motion tasks like a smartphone where latency has any visual relevance, but slow reading. Writing is acceptable at any latency beneath 200ms.

As someone who is constantly taking notes on paper, I'd love one, but in a smaller size. I wouldn't mind if it was thicker for better battery life and to make room to store the stylus, since notebooks tend to be thick anyway.

The final retail price is pretty unreasonable, though.

>$380 is nearly 50% off already
>$700 MSRP

Why is it so expensive?

Would Sup Forums even mind shill threads if they were honest about their shilling?

like,
>hey, I'm a company rep from remarkable, tell us what you think about our product

The fake interest, "YOU GOTTA BUY THIS ITS THE BEST THING EVER IM TOTALLY NOT GETTING PAID TO DO THIS" bullshit pisses me off. Especially when I know for a fact the marketing departments of companies (especially tech-related companies) pay the junior drones in part to "expand their online presence", which basically includes making millions of facebook/twitter posts, youtube videos, fake comments, reviews, etc, etc

Lack of competition.
Not many companies make e-readers with writing capabilities.

That's the one thing Apple would do good to invest in so others are forced to drop prices, instead of making retarded watches and dongles.

>click video

>PAYPAAH

>close video

Please, tell me it has backlit.

>paper is the ultimate tool for thinking

...What?

>Writing is acceptable at any latency beneath 200ms.
It really is not though. ~50ms or less seems to be the soft spot. At the minimum it has to be below 100ms to feel good.

I'm fine with anything 200ms and beneath, it doesn't disrupt me in any way even when i'm writing at my fastest.
Probably because i'm used to those shitty drawing pads from when i was a kid which has latency out the wazoo.

Its true, the number of great ideas that came from a sketch on a napkin is pretty high.

He meant to say creativity, but then he decided to don his fedora and marvel at his enlightened self.

This is a solution in search of a problem.

> launch offer $379

In 2016 that's expensive.

And the screen still has a significant lag.

It's as close to an affordable paper-size e-reader that I've seen. Are there cheaper ones?

>Perfect gift this Christmas
>Estimated shipping of orders August 2017

What's up with the scam price?

Looks interesting though, but no way I'm going to buy the first version. Give me one in black that can do fucking everything, like an iPad.

>Give me one in black that can do fucking everything, like an iPad.

Then get a tablet.
This thread is for people who want battery life that lasts weeks of constant use without requiring a charge mainly because they want to use it for reading and writing only.
What you want is a tablet that can do everything at the expense of battery life that will last a day or few at best.

>if you like papers, here is a solution without papers

But it doesn't work that way?

Overpriced piece of shit. Do not buy, use a paper you retards its LITERALLY free.

battery on a paper lasts forever... then it can be used for a fire to. Try to compete shill...

Yeah, it can be used to torch your house.
It can be also used to fill out whole cabinets, drawers, and backpacks, when you could be using those spaces for better things as you stuff a whole library worth of books, comics, and paper into a small SD card.

Looks cool, probably would've pre-ordered if it was under $200 and I didn't have to wait a year for it.

Searching paper also lasts forever.
A digital page though only needs one tag for you to instantly find what you are looking for among thousands of them.

WANT.IT.

>breakthrough technology
Literally pic related with slightly higher resolution.

looks amazing

I've been waiting for this shit for like, 6 years now?

youtube.com/watch?v=61KARc7TfBc
Noteslate is only $199, but is looking like a scam.

Just look at how shitty the latency is

>wanting a backlight on a screen

although cool and the noteslate has been announced forever, I'm kinda past the period in my life where I had to write shit down on paper.

Xiaomi has been pretty transparent with their shilling, and it seemed to have worked.

If someone could invent something that works like the journal in chamber of secrets, I'd snap buy it in a heart beat. Not the weird voldemort part, but rather the fact that its actually paper that can be reused indefinitely, and obviously could be synced to a computer or whatever

youtube.com/watch?v=dZewnFXl_MY

is that too much to ask for?

>if you're a disorganized fuckwit who can't manage their work or a personal library of documents, this is for you

nigga just buy actual paper if you like it so much

Its a very common trait of extremely intelligent people to be extremely disorganized and cluttered. Well organized people tend to be less intelligent

Why would I need one?

yeah, and I bet you're a lazy genius who just doesn't feel like doing anything productive too :^)

Im extremely productive, quit projecting

This.

I'd wish the battery were larger and maybe if they added a clip or something for the stylus. I might buy it once it's polished up a bit more and the price has dropped.

not productive enough to get organized, obviously

filing this under "fucking worthless"

lmao

does anyone know of a good textbook sized ereader without writing? I just want to read larger books without turning the page every 3 sentences

constantly cleaning and organizing totally kills your workflow and productivity.

as opposed to letting clutter build up? are you serious?

Oh shit
>white males
>beards
>glasses
>successful woman
>I products
>current year

Ill take 12

Pocketbook makes larger E-Ink Readers

yes

Quit your shilling, asswipe. The only reason to market a product is because it can't sell itself. i.e. you're a liar and a waste of air.

>This thread is for people who want battery life that lasts weeks of constant use without requiring a charge mainly because they want to use it for reading and writing only.

it won't last for weeks I can assure you of that, the kindle and kobo ereaders barely last weeks and they have woefully underpowered cpus to help save battery

it will have a larger battery because of the larger screen but the larger screen will need a much more powerful cpu not to mention all the other cpu eating functions like constant updating of the screen from drawing eating power

youtube.com/watch?v=YnbhLStChMc

>gift this Christmas.
Source or it wouldnt happen.

This user is actually right.

correlation =/= causation, einstein