Antergos vs Manjaro

Which one should I choose Sup Forums? Which one is better and why? Manjaro is ranked higher on distrowatch. Should I just bite the bullet and install Arch?

If you even have to ask, Ubuntu is probably the right choice for you.

Install Gentoo

Gentoo.

I prefer arch

But over those two. I'd go with antergos. Since antegros ocmmunity is basicially arch wiki and their forums

Manjaro seems good desu but it's been a long time.

WHICHEVER YOU LIKE OP

If you must to ask, use the easiest one - manjaro
If you want best one - clear arch linux, no other

antergos

If you have to ask, I don't think you should use any.

This, honestly. Archkids are delusional thinking they truly know linux.

you should get a job

Sh! Let them learn CLI.

I've used both, and thought they were pretty good. Antergos is better if you want an easy Arch experience with a minimal install. Go with Manjaro if you want a lot of features and an everything just werks experience.

I think you should try arch first to know where they come from and know more about what "runs under the hood"
Youll lost some time at first but its pure fun, its literally LEGO the operating system
Been fucking around with Arch-openrc the last days, havent goten this much.fun since I installed Gentoo!

Yeah I think I am going to go with arch. I'll work on the install in a virtualbox before I give it a go.

Meh I disagree. As someone who've had quite enough experience with Ubuntu and Debian based distros I was utterly impressed with how friendly Manjaro was.

The biggest plus was how it decided to install the newest NVIDIA proprietary drivers out of the box if you chose non-free. Yes, you can go full Stallman on it and call it unethical to choose that or whatever bullshit commie crap they pull. But having the drivers ready to go was far better than what Fedora 25 was where the NVIDIA drivers broke X and fucked everything to hell. Plus access to Pacman, AUR, and the Arch Wiki without interpretation to how Debian does shit.

As for OP's question: I haven't tried Antergos yet, looks interesting and all, but I haven't ran Manjaro for more than a month, so I can't give a non-biased view yet. But for what it is worth, Manjaro has been a better experience than what Ubuntu has given me.

Antergos is more stable in my experience (because I barely did anything) but Manjaro is really easy to use and set up since drivers detection was great for me.

I prefer Antergos over Manjaro as it provides the better user-experience for me (multimedia desktop). Plain Arch Linux rules them all however. Dont be shy of configuring everything in CLI - its not that hard and you know how everything works together in your OS afterwards.

go with the most upstream distro you can, all those downstream special snowflakes add nothing but downsides

I agree - exept you want to run steam without tinkering. Then you should use SteamOS or Ubuntu.

I used Manjaro on two PC's and they both broke within the month.

I don't know what Antergos is like.

>not flipping the arch logo

Are you even trying OP?

I use Antergos because I don't feel like installing Arch manually. I've done it five times and that's enough for me.

Manjaro is a horrible clusterfuck of a "distro" that ripped off NiN and won't admit it.

also Distrowatch isn't accurate and that was even said by the owner of distrowatch.

Antergos is Arch with a GUI installer and it uses the regular Arch repos and their own that you can disable. Just install Antergos, it's your best bet. unless you wanna install Arch. Absolutely do not waste your time with Manjaro tho.

broke like how?

>not flipping the varch logo

Manjaro feels like an actual distro with pretty sizable community and even community editions. When you install it, it feels like someone actually gave two shits on what will user experience.

Antergos feels like installer for Arch with just giving you vanilla ugly DEs

I can install arch, so antergos feels uninteresting to me

>not looking into the Manjaro logo origin. It's exactly the Nine Inch Nails art is resistance logo

I think you should just bite a bullet, instead.

It was a while ago.
One of the kernel updates fucked up some packages and it wouldn't boot.

Antergos is an Arch installer, Arch is cancer and Manjaro is the "Just werks" experience. If you don't want to waste time go with Manjaro i guess.

Have you installed Antergos lately? It absolutely does not match your description.

I have tried both, eventually settled for Antergos because it's more like vanilla Arch which my colleague uses.

But it doesn't matter, really, just pick whichever logo you like best.

If you want a good Arch-based distro, go for Apricity, i’ve been running it for quite a long time now and I absolutely love it

I should also add:

Installing is so easy with either, that you can easily try them both for yourself.
Try one for a week or two, then switch, then switch back if you liked the first better.

What do you like about it compared to other Arch based distros?