Is Elementary OS (0.4 Loki) good enough for daily use?

Is Elementary OS (0.4 Loki) good enough for daily use?

No.

Buy a Mac if you want to be fucked up the ass.

not anymore.
eOs 0.2 was fast 'n smooth, since 0.3 its simply laggy as shit. 0.4 sucks even more.
go with arch instead.

Any way to save Pantheon desktop?

Looks cute, desu.

It is garbage, OP. I have it installed on one of my Laptops. It's buggy and unstable.

You will regret using it. If you want a Mac like GUI get SparkyLinux.

cute != stable or usable

Ignore what everyone on this thread is saying, eOS is really good. Loki is very stable and smooth.

Your hardware probably can't keep up

>SparkyLinux
You are not actually serious, are you?

Use other distro with the theme & icons from eOS.

Not at all

Yes, but it's bloated as fuck.

sure but get macOS instead if you can

Overpriced hardware, mate.

Free software bro

no, it's just a shitty gnome rip off and always has been

only impresses people who think ubuntu = unity

Sorry user all these buttmad gentoo users are just made there is a Linux distro better than theirs, I use it on all my machines, no issues yet.

Holy fuck Sup Forums is so fucking butthurt that a Linux distro has been so successful. top kek

>Ask Yes/No question
>Receive no
>"Lol butthurt"

The mental gymnastics of somebody who probably paid for Linux

Sorry I pay for things I like. Instead of just stealing everything like a greedy nig on wellfare

Freya is quite nice for daily use if you are not "muh dated packages" kinda person. Loki on the other hand gets a lot of bad rep, guess gotta wait a bit for Loki.

why not use artengos ?
It s easy to install and the kernel is arch. You can then install any DE you want.
Best of both worlds no ?

>implying using gpl-licenced programs for free is a crime
kill you are self

omg look at the quads !!!
also, i do agree but realy depends on the product. Never gonna buy windows again (if it wasn t for work i would have switched already on linux on all of my pc)

again, he is not wrong. Some independent dev needs money to get work done. It s not a you pay all or pay nothing ( long live to tpb) philosophy.

Other than not supporting PPA by default (very quick fix) I'd say so. There are a couple other small things like that which I feel just get in the way, but it's all done for a reason and I support their goal.

I installed it just because there's a podcast application called Vocal that's built on their Granite library that I wanted to try out, so I threw it on an old laptop and I liked it a lot. Very trackpad friendly.

>implying donations are paying
You pay for a software
You donate to a cause/person

well when you pay for a software part of it goes to the salary, research departement, deve departement etc...

So when you pay for a software, a few percentage of your bill is donation.

>so successful
I would post the image of that smiling negro with question marks around his head but i don't have it.

By what standards is elementary OS something beyond a shitty, unmantained Ubuntu spinoff?

test

Fuck off Daniel.

Yes. You only need to install the proper software and you'll be good to go.

Just go back to good old Windows. You will feel like you are at home when you do. Linux is just a hobby. You will like it at first because it is different but you will run into obstacles. You will seek help to resolve issues and sometimes get help. But why install Linux when Windows is already what you want Linux to be?

I want linux so i can participate in the desktop threads

it's really good but i prefer my cinnamon ubuntu.

that was my exact experience

I don't use it because the devs are quite a bunch of worthless cunts