I need to run a local server just to have graphics

>I need to run a local server just to have graphics

Someone please explain what the fuck is going on here

who said this?

xorg

my uncle jerry

A SACRED CASH COW

loonix and freetards, that's what

Yes. Everything in Linux is either a file, or a server, or both.

Windows really should open an RDP session on 127.0.0.1 upon start and then connecting the user to that on login. All video and input pumped through the TCP/IP stack, that would indeed be marvellous.

Actually, on Unix, it would use local host, which is actually a Unix socket, so it wouldn't even touch the networking stack, let alone TCP/IP

Unix was designed in the midst of the mainframe/terminal era, and its design reflects that. Users used to log in remotely via terminals, and for them to be able to do the the Unix host must run a server instance. Local login happens to be just a special case of remote login as far as the OS design is concerned.

>Actually, on Unix, it would use local host
How is 127.0.0.1 not localhost?

They are treated differently. 127.0.0.1 is routed to the loopback network interface, and localhost is a direct IPC connection over Unix sockets.

You have it backwards. The clients of an X server are the applications, not the display(s).

"Server" is just a way of describing the relationship between a program and the consumers of its api, and doesn't have to imply any relation to networking.

please just kys

X is shit over a network, which is why nobody does that anymore, it's all DRI now

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!

hardware -> opengl drivers -> display server
pretty simple

but it's kinda wrong, wayland alone is no replacement for X
for example for font rendering you'd need some extra library with wayland

>I need to run a local (web) server just to init my computer
fuck you Lennart

TempleOS graphics stack:
Set BIOS 13AH = 12;
start drawing.

pls cat /etc/hosts, then kys

You have been visited by the fucking Linux multilayered graphics abstraction stack of bullshit. Now you know why it's slow and flaky.

>normies don't understand how software works

1. You don't.
2. Native JSON logs are incredibly useful for logging systems like an ELK stack.
3. HTTP and HTTPS are rock solid standards that aren't going anywhere.