/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

AB IS CABAL EDITION

Not sure what private trackers are all about?

The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

WIKI : wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

/ptg/ Guide: gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Yui will make AB great again.
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers

Other urls found in this thread:

liljabba.bandcamp.com/track/solem
murkyrips.bandcamp.com/track/ready
git.oppaiti.me/Oppaitime/Gazelle
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where would I get audio things like sound effects for films? I'm already on audionews

The system for that is broken anyway at the moment, but with every new upload just download a new 5 mb game doc, I'm up to 1700 snatches.

Games of the month are freeleech, this months pick is the witcher, get a cheap seedbox and download all versions of it. I got 15 gb in a day seeding the fitgirl repack, if I had bothered with a seedbox I have no doubt I'd have gotten a couple hundred. Or you could just Easiest place would be MAM. MAM can also get you an invite to the geeks which has a better selection with video tutorials as well. If you're looking for game design, cgpeers has a lot on that too.

>mfw he unironically uses apooloo

Last thread:

Who wrote that? Toshin confirmed?

Who has biggest epeen? What's your up buff on PTH/A?
> 85 rank and below need not reply

bump 4 threadwarz

nice try 312cuck

HYDEWARZ

(OP)
music rips should have encoder tags like movie encodes do so we know what's dank and what's rank
>Whirr - Pipe Dreams[flac]-DON
>Beach House - Depression Cherry[flac]-NTB
w h e n

totally agreed :O, but scene rips already do this, no?

scene are garbage at ripping music, their tags are awful

I dunno, proaudiotorrents maybe

My name is not important... What is important is what I'm going to upload. I just fuckin' hate this music industry, and all the corporate raids defiling its carcass. My listening experience is just awful, shitty transcodes, and I always wanted to share my music. This is the time of piracy, and every album is worth ripping. And I will put on the site as many as I can. It's time for me to seed... And it's time for me to snatch. My PTH adventure begins here.

I like the cut of your jib

why are we using this thread and not the other?

really makes you think

Reminder that you can get invites for apooloo on PTP PU forum

Can I use this?

It's EMIYA's profile.

reminder that I still have over a dozen accounts, and have uploaded hundreds of youtube2mp3->flac transcodes

Are you the guy that has given me those two accounts? If so keep up the good work.

Who?

How the shit do I find a good music tracker. I'm power user on Bb and was regular user on what. Only have my confirmation email from what though, no screenshots.

Some autist.

fuck and shit?
yeah

P** recruits from *T* and *T* PU but they're currently on hiatus for some reason, they said they'll get back to recruiting at 5am UTC

DELET

>tfw tomato stylesheet
s-so slick~~ n///n

nah

yah

Who else homesless here?

my seedbox cost more than my rent

DELETE THIS!!!

It's kinda ugly user :o(

everyone

go poo in apooloo's loo

irc.apollo.rip
#apollo
XlovesApples

register your nick and it's open to the public

>tfw these aren't on PTH yet
liljabba.bandcamp.com/track/solem
murkyrips.bandcamp.com/track/ready
also
>tfw PTH broke my startpage
how do I fix the spacing?

Why do Gazelle trackers use tiered rates for buying upload with BP? Lowest tier will be like 4k points for 1GB. Save up 20x as much and it's now only 2.5k per 1GB. I can't see any economic reason for this whatsoever.
AB is 1k yen per 1GB across the board.

Isn't that just to mark stupid users?

>tfw indianposting is already dead

to incentivize you to seed longer

How? The ApooLoo sysop's made the guy that started the thread a recruiter. I guess anyone can become one if you're on a good tracker.

shut fuck bluddy basterd

What the fuck are you talking about? Gazelle doesn't have bonus points by default and every tracker that has bonus points has their own independent implementation.

Regardless, bulk discounts are a common economic practice.

wel fuck u sir !!

caratboi why you up so early
also rate my tunes, your recs were shit

lets ripping boys

git.oppaiti.me/Oppaitime/Gazelle

What.cd's version is deprecated

sir?

Sorry I'm not caratboi.

The code you linked shows an untiered bonus point system, where 1000 points is always worth 1GB of upload

im be fucking ur mutha tonight sir
sucking milk everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you're the other fashun tracker bro though so rate my taste
and my taste in music ;)

that sounds pretty easy to change if you aren't a retard

What's your point?

Did BTN ever recruited from What?

I'm actually not. Sorry. :\

>DId BTN ever recruited
found the curry boys

liar

my best friends mum got a stunning red Buick LaCrosse Sedan from only workin parttime on a pc. read this//who-boss.com

>tfw you are Not on o******.me
Stay Mad faggots.

dont be rude user

that there is a common bonus points system in gazelle
You retarded?

fuck you and your overpriced ugly raf jumper

That's accomplished by increasing the income rate the longer you seed. Making you save up before turning in shouldn't affect anything.

>Regardless, bulk discounts are a common economic practice.

Bonus points and upload are not physical goods.

IM NOT WHO YOU THINK I AM

Nobody contested that there are forks of gazelle that exist with bonus points you mongoloid.

The original post asked about the implementation choices behind the bonus point systems of "gazelle trackers", which is stupid because all current gazelle trackers are forked from what.cd's codebase which did not have bonus points, so every implementation is independent. Linking a codebase that only one tracker uses, which doesn't even express the economic quirk being asked about, is pointless and shows you completely lack an understanding of what you're talking about.

YES YOU ARE
Are you the guy from switzerland or norway? I forgot which nord area you live in

>That's accomplished by increasing the income rate the longer you seed. Making you save up before turning in shouldn't affect anything.

BP rate increases also devalue alternate BP income methods (contests, etc.) and are easier to fuck up (although you'd assume that if tracker staff were unsure with their infinite point generating algos, they'd put a cap on it at some point).

same shit different flavor, regardless. they both accomplish the same thing, and I imagine some trackers just copy/paste systems without thinking about it

im from the us and im going to stop replying to you.

There is a public fork of gazelle that has bonus points implemented, that's all I'm saying. Small implementation differences are irrelevant
No need to sperg out

That had literally nothing to do with what was being discussed. Learn basic reading comprehension before butting in with irrelevant nonsense.

fuck you

How many users did wcd have

Wow, what a r00d boi u are. :o)

i'm not a rudeboi just because i'm from london you bigot

>being this assblasted
I posted a recent gazelle fork with BP in response to someone saying OG gazelle doesn't have BP, and you lost your shit
Get it together

Yeah that's how I used to get in.

Is anyone not on **?

I'm on and loving it

/market/

ivilivi joins PTH and becomes a Mod 25 minutes later. Also, ex-WCD staff.

reminder that drizzy wap isn't allowed on a*l

he's allowed on pth :^)

A former ETM from wcd.

~150k

How do you get into PTH these days?

They have interviews yet?

Literally WCD's backup plan.

so did Coruscating, who from what I remember from the few times I was unfortunate enough to find myself in the what.cd forums was a gigantic cunt with ego problems

I've seen Bourbon posting in the forums as well. Not staff yet tho

>Bourbon
he disabled my WCD account twice. Reinstated both times

reminder that Toshin is blessed by the Cabal

everything is allowed on PTH

>tfw two intelligent too be on hdb

What's the average wait time on ptp to get a torrent checked?

What did u do?

Why aren't apooloo and pth trying to fix what.cd's mistakes?

Which mistakes?

one of my invitees turned out to be a cheating pajeet
another one started selling his invites. the tree-ban was epic
had 2 tongue-lashings from Bourbon in IRC and my invite privs revoked

Depends. I've had some that took two months to get checked while others are checked in a day. If there is a report on it it will get checked faster, it seems.

I'm looking through the torrents and some are over a month and not checked and some are checked within a few hours of uploading.

Bourbon is not Bourbon but someone pretending to be him