Google now forces you to use material design

>Google now forces you to use material design
When will they stop enforcing this ugly garbage everywhere? The new design is wasting space and it looks worse in every way.

It's not just Chrome, now the search engine looks like shit too. I used to like Chrome but it's getting worse every day.

You're a cuck, use Palemoon.

old looks clunky af

Chrome has always looked like shit, I don't see much difference

Pale Moon just shat itself with the last update for me. Most of my extensions stopped working or started malfunctioning, but I can't live without my tens of extensions. It's sad, considering Firefox isn't doing any better, since soon even more extensions will be bricked when they scrap xul

I don't see viable differences

It doesn't look that bad in that screenshot but it's fucking annoying when you actually use it. Everything is just light gray and the tab bar is wasting space.

I bet you'd love material design if it was developed by crAppleâ„¢.

Matches nicely with the April's 1st theme that I'm still using.

v26 is still usuable and no one's forcing you to use v27 unlike Google Botnium.

Since Youtube retired all and any Flash support, all you can now watch in Palemoon is 360p videos.

Yea I might have to downgrade, but that's a temporary solution to a solution that's already kind of temporary (meaning PM, since its future is still sadly uncertain, most depends on the addon dev support)

You know that's not true right?

old one looked so much better. material design is fucking shit.

I'm on Linux and since a few days as Youtube went full HTML5 all I videos watched in Palemoon have only 360p quality and nothing else.

>26.2.0

Well that's shit. YT worked on my Windows PM installation fine a few days back with flash disabled, but I can't test it now sadly

I've been using YouTube Flash Player extension for a while now, it just tells youtube to use flash instead

I like it. Fite me.

HOLY SHIT SLIMMER ARROWS? LITERALLY UNUSABLE FUCK U GOOGLE

The difference is much bigger than it looks in that screenshot

What are you talking about? The youtube flash player is the worst thing ever. Use the html5 thing. Or better: youtube-dl and mpv

>youtube-dl and mpv
Why do people do this?

You can thank Microsoft for making Metro popular across the entire industry

I have a script where I download all newest videos from my "subscribed" channels. My subscription comes in a text file with the history of all their videos, assuring I don't download it again.
At any point, I can turn on my TV and have it play a random video. The video is then deleted when I have watched it.
Some times I have to manually clean out if I don't have time to watch everything, but it works fine for me.

You can still turn it off in flags.

You can't, they removed that option in the newest version of Chrome

What's 'material design' anyway?

Mind to share it?

Why not livestreamer and mpv?

A design based on materials, like for instance the usual office materials in the real world but projected onto a digital space.
You see the tab shit on Chrome and the way the opened tabs and other tabs go into each other?
Just like those label snippets on office folders like pic related.
That's not the cancerous part though.

The cancerous part is the following:
In material design, all design must project onto ALL devices, no exceptions.
Meaning that your desktop environment gets contaminated with smartphone/touchscreen diarrhea like big giant UI elements based on the need for touchscreenfags to select shit on the screen with their fat greasy fingers, except to desktop users that's a waste of space and a pain in the eye and useless for mice and keyboards.

The solution is to have the design developers implement an auto-detect system which detects the device type accessing the OS and appropriately fixes the elements that are best suited for that format,
but Microsoft and Google are apparently mentally retarded imbeciles who can't manage to do the most basic UI shit with millions of dollars invested into them that even Linux neckbeards can do for free.

this is bait

just use ungoogled chromium you cuck

>In material design, all design must project onto ALL devices, no exceptions.
This is exactly why I hate it so much. I think it actually looks pretty decent on mobile devices but it's so fucking awful on a desktop, it looks bad and it's wasting useful space.

>hurr why do things look different, I can't handle change!

just deal with it, you stupid cunt.

That won't fix the problem you fucking retard

You can disable the material skin in config

Not anymore

looks like cancer

i'm browsing youtube on palemoon RIGHT NOW and guess what i can view HD videos just fine.
Also:
>not using superior mps-youtube+mpv
>not using force HTML5 videos addon to view your youtube videos with the native webm player

Use Firefox

who gives a fuck

Just me who think it looks much better now?

I love that theme unironically, but I wish there was also a dark compact version and I don't care enough to manually edit shit.

I love the new look, makes it less distracting. I also just apply the nearest material dark theme.

>Everything is just light gray and the tab bar is wasting space.
Damn. That's fairly unnoticeable imo. Did light grey and wasted space kill your family?

>That's fairly unnoticeable imo.
Get your eyes checked

It's not quite the jump to astralis though

Update your browser, retard