Is this zen thing going to replace AM1 as the best HTPC+seedbox/NAS option in the under 100 bucks build price range?

Is this zen thing going to replace AM1 as the best HTPC+seedbox/NAS option in the under 100 bucks build price range?

I wanted to build one but I don't know if it will come with cheapo options and every integrated CPU option from intel is shit, expensive and somehow have way worse perfomance than the j1900 from years ago

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_212002.html
gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_401685.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. kaby i3 is better choice because of hw 4k hevc&vp9.

I said under 100 build not 160 just for the CPU, fucking retard

>inb4 le amdpoorfag

I use a 3570k

>even lowest zen
>under 100$ for the whole build
good luck retard
literally kill yourself

So AMD lost the budget market too?

Why are they even still alive

sub 100$ for a cpu isnt budget, its destitute.

$100-$200 is budget. Under $100 is just pure garbage, whether it be a CPU or GPU.

Do you even realize, fucking subhumans, that a 25€ android stick can do everything a 10000 xeon can do for the intended purposes?

Its just a fucking HTPC/torrent box you retards, the only reason I'm going x86 is sata ports and gigabit Ethernet

They will release a dual module Bristol ridge apu for under 100$, because if they priced it higher no one will buy it considering zen is a couple dollar more

>expecting arm shitbox that can't even hw decode hevc to be comparable in price to even atom tier barebone
you're fucking retarded

Atom is shit and discontinued and new celerons are shit

>arm shitbox that can't even hw decode hevc

This is 2017, ARM can hardware decode pretty much everything

gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_212002.html

Here, even cheaper
gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_401685.html

I think the lesson here is that Sup Forums doesn't know shit about cpus it just likes to praise israel.

no cheap zen for a while yet

the summit ridge chips are supposed to compete with intel's socket 2011 parts

>g/ doesn't know shit about cpus
You needed more than 1 week here to realize that?

just look at build threads where fags throw a 600€ GPU in a shitty 75€ AMD CPU for EXTREM GAYMING or a i7+SSD and 16GB of ram in a facebook machine

but teh falcon!

Most competent people on this field left Sup Forums a while ago. It's mostly Sup Forums spillover, >consumerism freetards and pajeets now.

>on this field
Sup Forums is about memes and generals now

They make really cheap h110 boards, could probably get a pentium and one of those for under $100. Would that not offer a significant performance increase?

For that kind of stuff passive cooling is better

>Most competent people on this field left Sup Forums a while ago.
Do you consider 7 years "a while ago"? Sup Forums has been shitposting before fermi. In fact, the fermi perood at leat had quality shitposting. Redditshits really don't know how to shitpost. Fucking newfag.

a10-7700k is best cpu to build in a htpc/seedbox/nas build
cheap motherboards has 6 sata slots and a igpu r7 that is faster than iris pro or any intel igpu

>faster than iris pro or any intel igpu

You can't say that on Sup Forums - it triggers the israelites.

90€ processor

Again, stop being so fucking retarded, I can get what I want in a literally cheaper than that processor full build, I just wanted to know if Zen is going to revamp the cheapo builds with the new 14nm shit

Nobody knows about 15w or what ever watt CPUs AMD was promoting at this time, you are basically asking bunch of ignoramuses questions and expect actual intellectual answers.

Gotta love dem marketing graph scales, but it's OK when amd doest it.

Sup Forums has always been like that

Are you asking us to predict AMD's intentions and the resulting market, for Zen? We really can't do that. Any answer you get would be meaningless speculation.

bristol ridge already have that capability you know...

why would you use zen as a htpc+seedbox/nas?
Holy shit you can do all those things on 10w arm chip

Because is new and might get better perfomance/money and be able to do more stuff with it if some day I feel like it?

wait for a zen apu then

40% better performance confirmed

If this htpc runs kodi you will need more power to play some 1080p content. You will manage 1080p rips of game of thrones that are under 4gb just fine. That thing with struggle with 10bit anime rips. Especially of older series if all the film grain is kept intact.