FX Phenom IIX4

Newegg had the FX 8300 on sale while back so I jumped on it right. Replaced a phenom IIX4 955. All other parts stayed the same other than cpu. You know the truth of it is that I've noticed absolutely no difference in performance since I made the swap. Sure my WEI score went up but that's been it. Now I'm sure once I fire up say media encoding app then the extra cores will be very useful but for all other things not so much. In fact in one case, trying to play Unreal tournament (1999) game the performance has went kinda down hill. Game kinda jerks,shudders,lags, i dunno how to really explain it. Just know that under Phenom chip game played perfectly fine.

zen literally comes out in like 10 days lol

>buys a shitty old amd cpu when zen is right around the corner
lol

zen wont launch in 2016 moron

>10 days
really?

Zen will get officially unveiled with hand-picked benchmarks and game studios in a week or so but it won't be out until Q1 2017.

I kinda want to upgrade my FX8320 to a Phenom II X6

That's not an upgrade, at best it's a lateral move and and worst it's a downgrade.

No

Zen was already "officially unveiled." All they're doing now is a hosting a promotional event showing off how Summit Ridge performs in some esports titles.

>All they're doing now is a hosting a promotional event showing off how Summit Ridge performs in some esports titles.
Right, I said unveiled because right now we have no idea how well it actually compares to Intel chips.

NOPE
The phenom is an actual quad core
The FX is some shared hybrid monster that nothing works correctly with

just like hyperthreading doesn't work for intel, right?

But 2016 is almost over, moron.

2017 isn't in 10 days, moron.

"n fact in one case, trying to play Unreal tournament (1999) game the performance has went kinda down hill. Game kinda jerks,shudders,lags,"

By reading this quote alone, I can tell that you fucked something up. No modern CPU, even the biggest bargain bin laptop CPUs will have even the slightest lag in this game.

The FX is a true quad core with 2 modules per core. It's not hyperthreading or magic. The 8 cores work fine, but not many programs utilize that many cores still.

>Buying AYYMD HOUSEFIRES
>any year

most likely its the motherboard.

see if there is a bios update for you motherboard.

its 8 weak as fuck cores,

the 8320 should be stonger per core than the x6, with newer instruction sets.

>tfw I'm still on the ATI Phenom 965 @ 3.1ghz

zen please come

i bought this cpu in like 2012

I just recently ditched my old 3.5ghz Athlon ii x4

I just upgraded from an 8320 to a 4790k and only notice the difference in select games. (Guild wars 2, and Dying Light come to mind, as their shitty code only runs on 1 and 2 cores respectively).

I wonder if Zen will be worth an upgrade