2017 will be the year of Linux. You can quote me on that

2017 will be the year of Linux. You can quote me on that.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ucCxtgN6sc
stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The real concern is, how do we defend against Microsoft?

Just look at Sup Forums today, telemarketers are all out to insult and taunt linux users.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

"2017 will be the year of Linux" -user.

Done

Well, I can quote you on it but I don't need to.

Sure, if Microsoft contributes to wine or a Windows subsystem that runs on Linux.

GNU plus autism

The year of Linux has come long ago. The year of the Linux desktop will be 2020. Mark my words.

Just testing.
>2017 will be the year of Linux. You can quote me on that.

wow you really CAN quote him, that's cool

Definitely.

Skype for Linux is in the works.

skype for linux has existed for years user

Will we see a Microsoft Linux distro?

Why can't their port their GOAT GUI to Linux so we can get rid of trash KDE and Gnome?

>inb4 le Windows gui inconsistency jay peg meme

windows' gui isn't particularily good

Old GNOME was OK, XFCE is OK
But Windows GUI is still the best.

(Again)

maybe if microsoft would actually stick to one of their GUI frameworks. As of windows 10, there are at least 3 or 4 different GUIs with slightly different designs and quirks in use. (e.g. the "Control panel" vs "Settings", then there are the administration tools which still use Windows 2000 era GUI, then there are store apps which use something completely different)
WPF is really good and would be worth porting to Linux, but it seems like MS already abandoned it in favor of muh phone apps xDDDDD

O shit that's edgy.

I see a future of hybrid NT/Linux OS. Could be nice, but considering MS practices with Win10, maybe not so much.

>implying it won't be the year of the BSD desktop

"2017 will be the year of Linux" -user

Can't wait till your dumbass comes back here at the end of 2017, to declare 2018 the year of Linux.

Go kill yourself you delusional fuck.

Not going to happen.

Even with all of the bullshit Microsoft forces down its customers, there still isn't a solid alternative to windows when it come to multimedia functionality and ease of use.

Normies don't care about the privacy aspects of Linux.

>impying it won't be the year of the TempleOS desktop

I spy with my little eye a CIA nigger

>there still isn't a solid alternative to windows when it come to multimedia functionality and ease of use.
You idiot, Kodi alone proves you wrong.
>Normies don't care about the privacy aspects of Linux.
Wrong again.

>microsoft is botnet
>apple costs an arm and a leg
>linux is trash

I need a new laptop and have no good options

Install TempleOS

Totally agree. Kodi is the most powerful multimedia tool and easy to use.
And normies will care about privacy when the NSA, FBI and other agencys will be more allowed to spy any type of user.

>And normies[1] will care about privacy when the NSA, FBI and other agencys[2] will be more allowed to spy any type of user.
[2]They already are allowed
[1]They don't care at all
[*](They) are perfectly fine with that

holy shit what the fuck is thiss shitty os

>TempleOS
>shitty
It sure is a long summer

The question isn't when it will be the year of Linux, but when each user will discover the GNU/Linux. It is a personal achievement that every user will experience. Some soon, others later.

What is this dumb child doing here?

>80% of smartphones run linux
>most servers
>routers, TVs, fridges etc
>chromebooks
>b-but muh desktop PC

I don't understand it. You literally won. Linux is the most popular OS in the history. It runs on, like, 2 billion devices. Why do you give a shit about desktop?

Said every year since lonix was made

Android is not linux, the fucking google engineer said it himself

Android, although not Linux, is linux.
Fuschia is not linux at all, but it won't see the light of day for a couple years at best.
Get your shit straight.

Android has Linux. So does GNU/Linux.

I think that's what (s)he meant.

>linux kernel
>is not linux

u wot

>Fuschia

Freetards are scared of MS embracing Linux but Fuschia is what can actually kill it.

they have their own linux... for years..
now they have two distros

>Normies don't care
true

just look at all the net worth of apple, normies just obey advertising and fad

but broad acceptance only matters for game developers to feel its worth it to singly developed to the next best cross platform graphical API, and for hardware manufacturers to port drivers even if binary blobs (idk is this a security flaw? doesnt the linux kernel keep nvidia blobs from fucking you over, or would tails linux be moot in a PC with nvidia cards?)

for everything else, normies can just stay retarded we dont care...

if only the FOSS devs that care for securelly coded, hardware efficient, and slow developed to allow peer review, would just get together under one distro to rule them all (end user OS wise).

there would be no need for million repositories, adapting each program for a gazilion distros and different package managers, software developers would just release a src and makefile that just works (tm) on that onedistro.

>post yfw Trump will make GNU/Linux the only operating system allowed in the USA because Apple and Microsoft don't stop offshoring

Is time to start shilling Linux for once. Look at this m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ucCxtgN6sc

Youtube celebrities like the Fine bros can make it happen, go there and their website and ask an episode for GNU+Linux.

thats pronounced GAHNEW / LEENUX

I'm just going to leave this here

Because most of you can't ignore them.

Science has gone too far.

Nothing but inane comments.

" I do not post on Sup Forums. I have nothing against it, and I have occasionally answered questions for interviews for Sup Forums, but any posting there that says it is by me is by an impostor. "

stallman.org/stallman-computing.html

I enjoy games too much and my Intel GPU does not have enough juice to compensate the loss of FPS on Loonix.

Also very few selective games run on Linux and Wine is a fucking mess to deal with.

I think the price of the (feral) ports are bigger issue than the name list except if you are into race simulators. Gtx 750 isn't expensive though and will be good with most of the gaymes.

It can be if the shilling were to be as intense as the shilling behind gamergate. Remember that? That fucking raid rocked the political establishment and elected a traffic cone with miniature hands as PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. If Sup Forums can do that, it can make 2017 the year of Linux.

Then that engineer is retarded. Android uses the Linux kernel.

Good one

>their GOAT GUI
pffffffff

>Not posting the full copypasta