Name one good reason not to use Windows 7 with updates disabled

Name one good reason not to use Windows 7 with updates disabled.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html
cvedetails.com/product/17153/Microsoft-Windows-7.html?vendor_id=26
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the Service Pack which you need to run literally anything

GNU/Linux exists

Because is looks like shit?

Because it's literally the most unsafe solution possible.

>less security than Linux
>less performance than windows 10
>not old enough to be nostalgic like XP

Windows XP was released 30 years ago ;~;

install gentoo

15 years old, you faggot

The worst is over. It's safe to install critical updates.

That was a joke you autistic faggot

fuck you both I run windows 2000
CHALLENGE ME!

>linux doesn't work or it's full of annoying bugs you need to google for hours to fix
>false, assuming both OSes are running on same hardware with SSD
>soon

Your kidding right? Because the second someone wants to own you, assuming no patches, you'll get rekd in a second and a half.

/THREAD

pajeet

Because windows 8.1 is objectively better

Right.

LTSB N

>even the logon screen is a fuckfest

Oh, looks like you don't know how to rice an OS...

Calm down Kevin.

There's no point ricing a shit in a jail.

Kevin, pls tell me more

I'm sure you have enough challenges already.

>those "bugs" are you just being autistic
>it is in fact faster.
i agree with you on the last one. soon enough win 7 will be like xp for winfags

Windows 10 is better.

That's not funny at all.

Can't play overwatch

whats your ip ?

Linux is free and far less prone to attacks.

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html

because it's a malware operating system

if you trust microsoft you are stupid

OK, what software are you running on it?

Per your link
>This demonstrates what we've said for years: using proprietary software means letting someone have power over you, and you're going to get screwed sooner or later.

So even though I don't contribute to open source projects and I am at the mercy of what developers who do work on those projects decide, I am somehow more free than if I install proprietary software? How? Because I have the option to inspect the code even though it's not practically possible for me to actually ever do that?

633 reasons: cvedetails.com/product/17153/Microsoft-Windows-7.html?vendor_id=26

>Because I have the option to inspect the code even though it's not practically possible for me to actually ever do that?
Also, you can modify and compile your own version. But essentially, yes. That is the freedumb those guys want. Free to be able to do something one percent of Linux users can do, let alone will do. So we're talking about less than one percent of less than two percent of the people currently owning computers. Definitely something you should push for the general population, huh?

>Name one good reason not to use Windows 7 with updates disabled.
Because Microsoft publish what they fix with every update, basically giving attackers a free pass on a system that hasn't been updated. That leaves you more vulnerable every second Tuesday of the month.

Tell me why that matters to anyone who:

1. Doesn't run unsigned code
2. Blocks all incoming connection requests at the router

If you're connected to the internet, you're at risk. Neither of those two points you listed will mitigate that.

Oh yeah? well guess what. I disagree.

get rekt

Because you are still running an unfree OS.

Hey, can you give us your IP address?

>get rekt
no u

You can disagree all you want, it doesn't change reality. That's the beauty of reality. The sad part is that you'll make a post in about a month saying
>I got a virus holy shit windows is such a piece of shit!!!!111

Let's put it like this: If the Linux foundation decided to insert malware into the Linux kernel, someone else would fork it, and all community effort would be placed into that fork. Control over development is not all that centralized, and so the only changes you can be truly forced to accept are those that are universally accepted by developers around the world as a good thing.

By comparison, a Microsoft or Apple employee cannot simply modify their own respective operating systems and redistribute the modified version, even on their own time.

It's an age where viewing a shortcut file or jpg can mean privilege escalation, god knows how fucked you would be browsing (yes even with a patched third party browser, browsers dont patch GDI+ vulnerabilities).

You joke, but at least one company in the US was still using Windows 2000 to support their telecoms as of August 2016.

you have to trust others at some point

Because you're not paranoid about MS being able to detect that your version of their software was not legitimately licensed.

>feeling trapped by one's own ignorance

is this a boy

>updates disabled

Isn't this how windows becomes a virus whorehouse?

>Tell me why that matters to anyone who:
>1. Doesn't run unsigned code

You have a web page open, you are by definition running unsigned code.

>2. Blocks all incoming connection requests at the router

You have a web page open, you are by definition not blocking all connection requests.

at that rate you mars well run windows xp sp3 if you don't care if your system gets fucked over.

Hi there
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post.
Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up!
You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation!
Whoops!
You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started!
Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form.
You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Dimitri will use a cryptlocker on your PC for your rubles

>html
>running code

Nigger please, you know what was meant.

Yes, reverse search the image.

Got a laptop with win95.
I use it to run a cocktail recipe program

>security

What do I win?

Security is a lie Microsoft uses to trick it's users into upgrading to newer and 'better' operating systems that are designed from the ground up to spy on it's users.

If you seriously believe you won something, I feel sorry for you.