Did it ever stop being horse shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

fossamail.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

for what i know there is nothing as good as thunderbird.

i you have a alternative go on user.

but making a thread about something is shit and not offering a better alternative that what i called bait.

It's bretty good I use it everyday

This. I dont see whats wrong with it. It sends and receives emais. What else is there to it?

Lightning.

>Lightning
That's a piece of crap though. I can never get it to work, I just use the hotmail web calendar

>open shockyquail
>emails download automagically
>read emails
>close electricpheasant
Why is it horse shit? It just werks.

It's pretty bad (especially the calendar), but it is miles ahead of any other email/calendar software.

It really helps to install the plugin that lets you open Outlook attachments even though it doesn't always work. That is not their fault though, you can't blame them for Microsoft's jewery.

how do you manage to not get it to work?
it literally just werkz
what are you doing to your poor poor calendar

Not OP, but I will never use thunderbird ever again. I had one issue a couple of years ago where it wouldn't send my emails. This occured for at least a month before I realized that I wasn't recieving any replies. Thankfully, I was just a junior at uni at the time (this was at the start of the semester), so there wasn't too much harm done.

I now use claws mail which I cannot recommend highly enough.

I like it.

A somewhat related question: is there any e-mail client for Android that let's me set it to always display e-mails in text mode only?

its good but bloated

but there are no alternatives

Well getting it to work is easy, getting it to sync is black magic

Have never had a problem with thunderbird. It has always been the host's security settings where they don't allow imap, or it does this gay shit where it says it logged in successfully but doesn't download e-mails for the same reason. This has gotten worse in recent years with muhpruvacuy shits forcing e-mail hosts to be even more security horny

>no alternative
stay poor, fags

Why is it so hard to make a good mail client that we still don't have a proper one in [current year]?

we live in a port pc era
now we have we have web mail apps

Using Roundcube on your own server as a mail cient = best

>Thunderbird
>shit

nice bait

What's wrong with it?

Spark, for Mac just came out. Finally gave up Sparrow because of it. Oh, and it's free.

I gave it another chance a few days ago and was offended at how bad it is. It's like the firefox of mail clients.

Not only a Email client, but also a Feed client, IRC client, etc

literally perfect

Use based FossaMail instead.
fossamail.org/

It's the Pale Moon dev's fork of Thunderbird.

Thunderbird is shit though

Do you think OP or I are joking? It's by far mozillas worst product

this

thunderbird but without the mozilla bullshit

I use Outlook

>setting up your own mail server

It's such a hassle. I tried iRedMail, but are there any better free alternatives? Also Roundcube is not very good.

How is it shit? It does everything it's recquired to do.

>No exchange support

I mean, it's fine if you don't have a job.

Check out MailInABox
Very easy setup and easy maintenance
Easily the best choice if you run a VPS. Does email/exchange/roundcube/owncloud/contacts/calendar/static web

If you had a job you'd be using Outlook. Thunderbird is for the home user.

>PrrrrrRRRrRrrRRR
the thunderbird

Also MailInABox has LetsEncrypt option built in

I tried using Thunderbird, however; when I set-up my email account I got constantly spammed by a window saying that the security certificate wasn't valid or some shit. Looked up the issue on Mozilla, no avail.

I switched to Opera Mail and it works just fine for me. Personally I'd still be using Windows Live Mail 2012, but it's unusable on a High DPI screen.

>no cum on screen