7700K, clock for clock, is slower than the 6700K

>7700K, clock for clock, is slower than the 6700K

how retarded are intel?
will retards still buy this crap?

Other urls found in this thread:

jell.yfish.us/media/jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv
tomshardware.com/news/intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-overclocking-update,33119.html
github.com/corna/me_cleaner
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If it's the only thing available once everyone buys up the 6700K stock, yeah

The only selling points to the Kaby Lake lineup are power draw and video decoding (aka 4K Netflix). That's it.

Jump on skylake or wait until they start making 6 or 8 cores.

pretty sure 6700k is capable of 8bit hevc decode

The difference between the two is small enough that those are enough to make it worth it when building new.
Kabby adds 10bit and vp9 to that,

in english pls

Is the 7700k less expensive or is it typical intel jewing?

2600k here, still waiting for a reason to upgrade

They already do in the LGA2011-3 lineup

There's even a 10-core i7

Base clock on launch will be 4.2 vs 4.0 for skylake, it will then boost to 4.5 vs v 4.2. So the product off the shelf will be better. The question is will it be better at overclocking or will it have the same limit as skylake.

wow it looks like 3% better in everything but IPC where there is a 00.1% decrease.

so people loose sleep over this?
so glad I got my 6700k when i did Lmao

Zen baby. Amd is back in full force!

all of the various "lake" chips for consumers have been huge jokes.
hell, the real winners were 4790k owners.

>clock for clock when the 7700K can reach 500 MHz more at least

No, Intel has been pivoting toward mobile/low-power.

Their desktop chips will see little to mild improvements.

It's safe to assume that in general, Kaby will hit higher clocks. They are basically the same chip but -- more mature process, better yields, etc. Kaby is basically Devil's Canyon: Haswell edition.

Fuck, meant Skylake Edition obviously.

watch this: jell.yfish.us/media/jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv
if it lags at all, you will understand why kaby lake is desirable for media consumption.

of course piratefags aren't going to be watching anything in hevc main10.

6700k is capable of 4.6ghz on most. Play the silicon lottery and some have gotten to 5ghz. The 7700k not being an X processor will do the same or worse.

It's a 0.86% factor, holy shit user, that's nothing. I have no interest in shilling Intel myself, but I'm interested in the actual power draws.

Yeah, buy the expensive x99 which is never meant for mainstream consumer.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE $500 I5 8 CORE REEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK YOU INTEL IVE BEEN WAITING FOR A MAINSTREAM 8 CORE FOR 7 FUCKING YEARS

Zen got you bro

The 7700k actually consumes more power than the 6700k in everything except hardware encod/decoding.

i think that was a bug, and was fixed with a bios update. tomshardware.com/news/intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-overclocking-update,33119.html

Less than 1% is margin of error territory. So I guess it's just overclocked Skylake.
Probably still gonna buy it, having 4 extra PCIe lanes is pretty neat, and support for Intel Optane might prove to be useful as well.

That still shows Kaby Lake drawing more power across the board.
Any mobo you try Kaby Lake will draw more power and run hotter than Skylake.
Intel bragged about a 14%~ improvement to their process, and clearly it was nothing but PR spin. Kaby Lake draws significantly more power than Skylake for a mediocre bump in stock clock speeds.

Its just like Devil's Canyon vs Haswell all over again except its considerably worse this time.

i guess we need to wait for the z270 chipset, to see the finale numbers.
But you are correct, Kaby Lake is basically a overclocked Skylake with a better iGPU.

>tfw no one bothers to do this so they don't understand that 140mbps 10bit H265 will wreck their CPU through software decode
oh well.

Sup Forums correct me if I'm wrong.

CPU power draw comes form voltage+amperage. 6700k can do 5Ghz at about 1.45 voltage

The 7700K can do 5Ghz at about 1.35v

The TDP for 7700K is higher than 6700K. Usually the consumers care about voltage of the CPU when they overclock, however sometimes CPU amperage can change so the voltage can be lower.

Lets say for example 6700K with 1.45v @ 5Ghz uses about 120w of power and the 7700K with 1.35v uses about 120w of power.

On a bios and programs with voltage check, the 7700K would look better, however the amperage would be reverse (and not recorded by many people). The 6700K would use about 85.7 amp while the 7700K 88.88 amp.

Technically they draw same power, however the 7700K would look nicer on paper.

Second post, now that I think about it, those amperage numbers seem bit high. I remember now that CPU draws 12v, so the amp would be 10 amp. I'm not sure what the 1.4/1.35v controls.

I wonder how much my sandy i72600 draws, maybe it's time to lower power bill

OP pic is from z270.

tippetty toppety kekkerino, holy fuck intel is finished

im still getting it Sup Forums

cant stop me

They have been talking about power efficiency for 5 years now, why the heck it's the same?

there is almost no 4k content though, so who cares

lol

Go away, Pajeet.

The differences between 6700k and 7700k are small, but significant enough to make people choose one over the other when building a new system.

that's an achievement. a year and a half after releasing skylake and they've got a chip that someone might potentially prefer over their legacy products. that's how low the bar is for intel now.

>but significant enough to make people choose one over the other when building a new system
kek.
zen will BTFO kaby lake.

Don't fall for the Kaby Baby meme. Intel will switch to 6 core on mainsteam CPUs late next year to compete with 8 core Zen. 4 core CPU era is over, wait for Zen or Coffee Lake. If you need something right now get a Skylake/z170 while they are clearing stock, you can find good deals

Looks like it's the same processor, the difference here is the silicon quality. What they changed is the question.

>significant enough
Yeah muh 4K 10bit HEVC movies

kek

So they just ported the CPU to a new socket? That a whole new level of KEK

same socket, "new"chipset

>he doesn't have a GPU that can decode 10bit HEVC

Are there even 10 bit monitors?

>he doesn't buy 7700K and use iGPU for hardcore gaming and hardcore movie watching

There are 12bit monitors, but that doesn't really matter.
An 8 bit panel still sees advantages from 10bit media. Its not all about what the monitor is displaying even.

they suck for media, not to mention 90% of software doesn't work with it

Asus MG28UQ
LG 27UD68-P

TFW GOD TIER 4690K

fuck 2500k and skylake/kaby plebs

>i5
>not an i7
>not a quad channel i7E

Look at king of the plebs here

>he's proud of being part of the intel botnet
github.com/corna/me_cleaner

>need new computer
>skylake no longer being produced or sold
>gee i guess i'll finish this build without a processor

DDR4 is worth it if you play games.

Are you retarded??? Skylake is literally the i7 2600K of today.

It literally says Z170 you fucking illiterate retard.

actually it's the 6700k of today

only if you use integrated graphics, DDR4 is worth it because it's 65% of the cost of DDR3,

is this bait?
SB was a huge jump over Nehalem and not exceeded all that greatly by Haswell.
Skylake and Kaby Lake are nearly immeasurably tiny improvements over Broadwell.

It's obvious he would mean as part of the standard consumer line, similar to AMD's shitty 8 core but with 16 threads.

>hardcore movie watching

yeah i dont get why netflix wont support GPU decode theyre pretty retarded

it's three way cartel deal between netflix-microsoft-intel

It's called monopoly. Next time you shit on AMD think about it.

>muh video decoder that will never be used because I already have a dedicated GPU