How many of you here are indians? I know its gonna be above 60% of all Sup Forums lurkers. Also...

How many of you here are indians? I know its gonna be above 60% of all Sup Forums lurkers. Also, why is it so popular for indians to study IT/CS?

>How many of you here are indians? I know its gonna be above 60% of all Sup Forums lurkers.
OP projecting hard as fuck

Not an indian, but I'm surrounded by them. Indians are very business aware. It rolls off of the culture. Even the turban has been explained to me as a way to keep you focused on your goals and success every day when you tie it on. Today, the most logical way to be successful is through technology.

because believe it or not, IT is basically plumbing

you guys aren't smart, if you were smart you'd major in something like business. Those "normies" and "plebs" are gonna be your bosses and will have first pick at all the bitches

"b-b-but they use Windows lol I'm smart I use g-g-gnu plus linux lul i'm smart why are so many stinky weird foreign people who can't speak english doing the same job as me lul"

I don't think I've ever seen a indian irl. You all must live on the cucked states of america and work on shit desk support jobs.

live in*

>if you were smart you'd major in something like business
Literally useless if you don't have Ivy League money/family. Business school teaches you fuck all and the degree won't land you a job. You get connections in business school, nothing more. Being fraternity pals with rich twats is what got Mark Cuban his fortune, you try doing that at a state university and you'll be manager of a fucking Walmart at best. Go into one of these universities as a no name no fortune nobody and they'll ignore you sinve you have nothing to offer them. I won't even explain the irony of majoring in entreprenuership. Business is a meme for 90% of people and most of those people who should be taking it are advancing to a management position in a field they majored in 10 years ago.
I hate this bait.

several times i've made the suggestion on /qa/ to bring flags sitewide, but never got a reply from hirosaki

regardless, because the US is contaminated with street shitters, it wouldn't be that useful at the end

Serious question, but why was the earlier anti-pajeet shitpost thread deleted? I'm not even a Sup Forumslack but I was quite enjoying the silliness of it.

lol, this is wrong.
Business majors have better critical thinking skills then cis majors, as an example.

AS or BS > AA or AB

>t. triggered stemfag

there's a reason the average bonus on wall street last year was something like $114K.

Business is, in general, the most profitable field to enter.

I'm a white woman. Worship me!

Technology is the latest meme in India. It's a symbol of wealth and your family respects you doing it. Most Indians don't even own a computer.

business degrees make you rich with the caveat that you're fine with being a bad person

- a poor ivyfag with a business degree

I'm a paki/american.

Do I count?

Not studying it/cs though.

Fuck off cunt, there's men discussing.

>bring flags sitewide
And per-thread user ID.

My parents are Bengali and we moved to the U.S. when I was 4 for my dad's residency. Does that count?

For my family and most of our South Asian friends, medicine, business, and engineering are the most popular fields. My brothers and I are tech savvy because our dad was a big consumer technophile and we got our hands on a bunch of neat stuff growing up that he'd invariably have us figure out and maintain long enough until he moved on to something else.

lmao @ u if you think business grads work on wall street, wall street is full of finance, physics, math, and engineering grads

Non-ivy league business grads work at best buy

There's a lot of business between Wall Street and your local Walmart - at least if you live near a city of any global consequence. The Fortune 500 isn't the be-all-end-all when it comes to finding work for an MBA grad from a local state or even community college.

thanks for letting me know you have no idea what you're talking about.
Please use a trip from now on so I can filter you.

I am currently a senior in a state school for business. I already have a job lined up with Mizhuo bank with a starting salary of ~$96k. Admittedly, not that much for new york, but it is an excellent starting salary.

Indian here. Only thing that pisses me off is how almost everyone in India seems to think IT and CS are the same thing or have "little" difference.

One is being an abused,depressive cuckold 24/7 and the other is a Science. I fucking hate myself for being fooled into going down the IT line when I am a totally introverted and deep thinking individual who should have gone down the CS road, avoiding the unnecessary pain.

>My parents are Bengali and we moved to the U.S
Yep, that counts. Cool that engineering is something your family values and you also had opportunities to learn about it as a kid.

Do you/your friends care about UNIX, the UNIX command line tools, free software, and linux distros? Or do you tend to steer to plain Windows 10 / ASP.NET / Graphics card stuff?

>How many of you here are indians? I know its gonna be above 60% of all Sup Forums lurkers. Also, why is it so popular for indians to study IT/CS?

Indian [American] here
I actually study mechanical engineering but I should have studied EECS instead desu

It's too late to switch though

>why is it so popular
For Indians in India, studying IT/CS is a fast track to the good life. There are schools in India who's sole purpose is to place you in American companies. These people aren't looking for anything more than code monkey jobs because those are the jobs that are coming to India. They can't study business or whatever because nobody is going to India looking for business majors or some shit

Obviously IT is a degree for room temp IQ dumbshits in the west, anyone complaining about losing their job to Indians deserves it. They should have done a reliable trade like plumbing if they didn't want to be outsourced, I have no sympathy for them

I don't think you realize how much money can be saved by outsourcing user, why would companies want to hire computer plumbers for 3x the salary? Also there are many very qualified Indians as well who will also work for less. My uncle lives in silicon valley, walking distance from the apple campus. He runs a """company""" which currently places about 80 people in apple through his H1B thing. These guys make MUCH better salaries than they could make in India, my uncle makes a bunch in placement fees every year, and apple can get workers who will work for slightly less than Americans. Who loses here?

Even if H1B is dismantled you can't stop the flow of business. I have another relative who works bringing American companies to India. There's tons of companies in India whose main job is to do code monkey or content creation bullshit which is still slightly too expensive to automate. Look up aptara, ansrsource, wipro, TCS, infosys, they are growing every year.
If the people can't come here, the business will go there.

>be of southeast asian descent
>living in north america
>not in IT or related field

oh shit nigger, what are you doing?

>there is men discussing

To be honest, even though we had gadgets and cars aplenty, my dad was a physician and pushed us all to focus most of our studies on biology. Engineering is just something my brothers and I took an interest in because we had to learn to do and fix anything and everything because our dad was/is very stingy when it comes to any kind of maintenance.

>your friends
Don't be silly user.

I only started learning Linux and UNIX about a year before starting my CS degree. As a kid, my dad could drop 3k on a desktop computer because they were all the rage in the 90s at the time, but he expected us to never, ever break it or void any sort of warranty, so we could only play around so much with our stuff. It's only lately now that we're older and bringing in our own cash to boot that we're using some Linux, if only to run our own laptops or set up some Pi home servers/ad blockers. My dad would get fed up with Linux and my mom is barely tech literate.

Im sorry buddy. :sadface:

good post user.

north american here, people really don't know how fucked they are on this continent. Tech majors in our Universities are largely shit and don't give a fuck about what they're learning. If they could be bothered to give a shit, they might be able to guard themselves against outsourcing by being a much higher quality candidate. Instead, however, they choose to not do side projects, in favour of run-of-the-mill coursework that teaches them almost nothing about code-monkeying in the real world.

It's true what you say about the flow of business. A coding job at an American company is worth 100x more to an Indian living in India than it is to an American in North America; this difference of value is reflected in the work ethic of Indians.

This is disheartening, but there is comfort in the big picture: More people are learning technology and contributing to innovation around the globe than ever before. Who gets paid is not important at the end of the day.

>IT
>Indian Technology
>CS
>Concentrated Shitting
raelly maeks u think

>this difference of value is reflected in the work ethic of Indians

Medicine is big. I was on that fast track since I was 8 until I figured out that while I like studying and fixing the human body, I can get the same enjoyment with computers without the mess and psychological pressure while also being able to improve computer software in ways you can't with the body (that is until nanomachines and cybernetics).

typical north american denial of the reality around them. I wish we weren't so damn cocky, then we might have a chance in 2030. Currently, we have no chance.

> I was on that fast track since I was 8
shit... Indian parents really don't fuck around.

Glad you're working on software instead, user

do you drive taxicab?

Don't flatter yourself over your supposedly superior work ethic, you're just cheap to hire

Indian reporting

the other guy isn't me.
I'm in school right now doing a double major in finance and business analytics and info tech.

nope. I lucked out with pretty well off parents. My dad moved to NYC when he was 16 (his dad was a banker and got transferred there) and he started Columbia.
Got his undergrad and master's from there in electrical engineering and since then he's done pretty well in life.

America always belonged to Indians. keke

learn to read faggot, I am from North America. You are fucked in the head in you think North Americans (thats you and I) live in a nation of people prepared to defend their tech industry from enormous amounts of outsourcing. Fucked in the head. Sure, our economics are heavily dampened to outside forces, so you don't notice anything, but just because you have a underdeveloped worldview and intuition doesn't mean that economic forces are not rapidly going out of favour for Americans.

I think I still have under my bed several boxes of old workbooks my dad would constantly bring and expect me to finish on top of my homework, on top of the usual demands of 'never get a B.'

To be honest though, I'd probably have gone into history. I really like studying anything that seems like a big, complex machine, and I really took to history as a personal hobby after reading a couple of economic history books. CS was really something of a compromise since my dad knew at least there was some money in computers but not in history.

At least studying computers lets me amass a huge history pdf library that I can read in my spare time.

POO

An actual indian not these usa niggers who i refuse to consider as the citizens of my glorious country for they have abandoned it.

Automotive engineer who also likes programming for fun

>several boxes of old workbooks my dad would constantly bring and expect me to finish on top of my homework

Shit. Do you get along with your dad? Are you constantly a let-down to him or something? Or does he go easier now that you're an adult?

As a South Indian, gotta say you are the most realistic North American I have seen in 2 years of dealing with North Americans. but ignorance is bliss and also a first world luxury.

Ehh I'll bite. Indian here. Moved to America when I was 4 yrs old. None of my family is in IT or CS. Dad is MechE. Mom is a RN. Uncle is a lead chemist at biosilk. List goes on. Im studying CpE and that's because I find this shit to be cool. Idk why it became such a fad. I guess it's because it's really easy to be a code monkey. You should see the people in my CS classes. Guys cursing in the intro Java class because they can't figure out how an ArrayList works. Why would they hire an American when they can hire a pajeet straight out of Mumbai to do this shit for cheap. Americans seem entitled to the good ole STEM job with 80k starting when most of them aren't that much better than the street shitter that they hate.

what do you think abt the current demonetisation in india?

I'm pretty Americanized since I lived in USA since I was 4 so idk much. It seems like they are forcing people to turn in cash so they can finally get taxes. Most people don't realize that a lot of business is done under the table so hardly any tax is collected. Only celebrities, government workers, and salaried workers get taxed

I just reread your question and I realized that i have no idea what you are asking. I assume it's about the 500 and 1000 rupee notes being discontinued

get ready to get shit on along with your uncle pajeet, trumps gonna MAGA

Bit of both, times were hard when I told him I didn't want to finish med school even though I was still doing well. Studying biology and answering exam questions was one thing, but actual application of it was another. By that time my fingers and knees started getting fucked up because of congenital arthritis, basically killing that pipe dream of his for me to be a big-shot surgeon.

I also knew I wouldn't have the heart or energy to get through clinical rotations and live like my dad still does, who deals with geriatric patients as a specialty. I respect doctors but between listening to some really fucked up situations or having to help people who fuck themselves up and expect the doctor to fix them was just not for me. The stress and the hours are just not worth the money.

I make up for it by still being my dad's go-to right-hand-man for literally anything, and having the reputation of 'model son' in the community rumor mongering which apparently fucks up other Bengali kids who say their parents keep comparing them to me.

yep, i think its useless imo.

Go kill yourself, I had no choice in being born in the US, but at least it's not a shithole like India. I hate the blind nationalism a lot of fob Indians seem to have.

>why is it so popular for indians to study IT/CS?
it's the highest paying job type that only requires minor memorization to pass and become as "qualified" looking as the next person

they still lack skills, "talent", because they're not taught how to use skills
they're taught how to pass tests

amen to that. My dad roasts on India about poor quality shit and how USA has been so much better even though he still loves India. He's been here since 1999. idk why these fob indians still so much blind loyalty.

So, after Trump restricts foreign labor and taxes imports, American companies will either leave the US or fall behind the rest of the world then?

You think it's bad in just IT and CS? Study EE and look up a video some day about anything electronics. Always the goddamn thickest Indian accent in the world. You will exit the video fast because you left more fucking confused and angry than you were before. These faggot pieces of shit fucking learn English but got together as a people one day and decided they were gonna speak English in a way no fucking goddamn human being in the world can understand them but themselves. Fuck India. Even people from Nepal don't sound that fucking annoying. You ever heard a person from Nepal speak English? They actually attempt to try cause they understand they are from a shithole third world country and they wish to connect to the civilized world. Not India, no, they had to choose to be the most fucking annoying pieces of shit and shout SUPERPOWER 2020 any goddamn chance they get. Fuck India and fuck all their shitty engineers.

I don't really think he will do this.
Like all markets, the job market autonomously moves towards the most efficient outcome, which in this case happens to be giving many jobs to immigrants.

This is in part because they are willing to work for less, but also partially because they are simply better workers than the average american.
Before you get triggered from me saying this, take a few seconds to think about it.

American society is now about drugs, sex, and drinking. Compare that to most asian cultures and you'll find that they place much more emphasis on education, respect, and family.

If trump were to unnaturally limit immigration I think companies would just hire less people resulting in a higher unemployment rate.

It's because they're taught English that way. My dad went to a military college so he had better teachers than most giving him a British-Indian accent than the pure pajeet kind.

I've been here all my life, so I've got a Texan drawl which really confuses people when I go abroad.

how will that help the country in any way, shape, or form? Having more people depend on welfare is a good thing? I was hoping you would say something sensible like how it'll force American society to focus more on education, but instead you said some stupid bullshit

I'm from the south and met many non black/white people with drawls. It isn't that confusing to us here in the south.

>he thinks trump is going to focus on education

lol have you heard anything he's been saying? All the jobs he wants to keep here are shitty outdated jobs like coal mining that don't require much education.

It's pretty evident he has no clue about how the tech field works either.

>how will that help the country in any way
By having more smart and hard working people producing more for the economy.

He said when he goes abroad.
Abroad doesn't mean 2 states over.

Obviously not, but I've gotten all kinds of confusion when I was traveling in Asia. It's great when I'm walking by an embassy back in Bangladesh and some Swede asks me directions, and I go full Yosemite Sam on him (exaggerating the drawl is too fun sometimes).

Never mind abroad, actually. Last week I bought a used Thinkpad from someone nearby and over the phone I assumed he was Chinese. Waiting at our meeting place, we missed each other completely because he thought I was this white guy sitting on the other side of the cafe while I learned he was European and kept looking out for an East Asian to walk in.

What is "business" really, except for trying to make as much profit as possible off of the work of others (or even no work at all but just speculation/sale of property) while avoiding landing in jail or being killed?

having more people be in unemployment/welfare is not good for the economy and neither is overworking the people that do have a job to make up for the lack of workers.

>tfw this one time in the south somebody spoke with such a heavy accent i didn't understand them

and you look down on northerners?
city slickers for life
you can clean my pipes
i'll be taking it tight
you'll be working with all your might
i relax all day
you work making bales of hay

I suppose it's a regional thing what the expressions mean. In Poland, "IT" is generally understood as an umbrella term encompassing anything relating to digital technology, computers and networking in particular. "IT" can mean anything from helpdesk through system and network administration to software development. The term "CS" (or its equivalent) isn't really used here, the closest thing is "informatyka", which though really is another umbrella term similar to "IT".

lol

> if you were smart you'd major in something like business.
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

that's true for some fields.
My older brother is in medschool and he has the same thoughts about business, but I think most of that comes from how businessmen are portrayed in movies and shit.

These are all the business majors in my school:

-Finance
-accounting
-management
-Marketing
-Supply Chain
-Business analytics and information technology
-management information systems

Out of those, BAIT, MIS, and supply chain are fields that you can't really even cheat/rip off anyone else in.
accounting is also a relatively technical field, and the most you can do is fudge some numbers around which only hurts the company and any investors; it doesn't really have any effect on the general population.

That leaves us with finance, management, and marketing. Management is pretty much entirely contained within a company, so there isn't any outside influence or effect that it has.

Marketing is literally the definition of making money from other people's work, but you're making money from the work that others in your own company have done.

FInance is the big one though. This is where the most money is to be made, but not always with legal/ethical methods. It isn't uncommon to find people using loopholes (which imo while is unethical is not illegal, so there is no issue there) or taking advantage of other's ignorance. In some cases they even break the law, but that will almost always result in them getting caught.

So finance is the main culprit of this, but it's also important to consider who exactly is being negatively impacted from all this shady business. Is it the general population? no. If anything, it's the clients of the company (usually other large companies) or very wealthy individuals.

You aren't wrong when you say that business (finance) is about grabbing as much money as you can without breaking any rules or getting caught, but there's also a stigma that it directly hurts your average joe, when it doesn't really.

yes, yes I do.
papa trump will save us from the h1b menace
habeeb it.

>There are schools in India who's sole purpose is to place you in American companies.

Good to know that these days being born in India is better than being born in Eastern Europe. There's no "schools whose sole purpose is to place you in American companies" here. Quite to the contrary, emigrating to the USA is hard as fuck as you need a visa, the obtaining of which is difficult to say the least, and even if you get one, good luck competing with Chad and Pajeet.

>Who loses here?
americans you fucking shitskin

A lot of my father's South Asian acquaintances in IT are hoping for that actually, since all of them have full citizenship or are green carders just a year or two shy of getting it.

is a biz management degree worth it if i plan on going to law school after?

i already know i'm going to law school (money isn't an issue), i just don't know wtf to get for my bachelors and i don't feel like doing CS because i have no desire to be a programmer at all - i'm fine being a leech and using linux and shit without contributing or knowing how it works

>Obviously IT is a degree for room temp IQ dumbshits in the west, anyone complaining about losing their job to Indians deserves it.

This is nonsense. There should be jobs for everyone, also for dumber people. Just because someone has lower IQ doesn't mean he should be replaced with Pajeet.

> a majority of the userbase are poo in loos

Yeah right pal, this is Sup Forums not Quora/Yahoo Answers

Import people that will contribute more to the economy.
Deport everyone who doesn't.

Question: why don't all the talented Pajeets try to make India a better place, instead preferring to go to America and leech off the economy, technology, and career opportunities which were created there by Americans? Not even Sup Forums, just a genuine question. Do you think it is morally OK?

deport US citizens and import foreigners? If you are going to keep on baiting, at least sound like a real trump supporter

Management is honestly such a brutally boring and bullshit major that I can't recommend you doing that.
I've only taken a couple of intro courses, but goddamn they were terrible. Management can be summed up as "incentive your employees to work well, and be equally nice to all of them."
Yet, they still make up tons of convoluted theories and concepts that you have to memorize.

I'm half indian half English

Not that guy, but here's what I think.
They aren't really leeching off anything. Job opportunities are posted for anyone in America, not exclusively for citizens.
I don't believe that just by being born here you're more entitled to a job, especially when there is someone more qualified than you are.
So an Indian immigrant (or someone from any other country) is actually coming here and contributing more to the economy than the people that lost the job to that same immigrant.

You can ask that about any immigrant. Europeans moved to America during the 1800s. How come no one is complaining about them ditching their country and leaching off the success that Americans there created? What makes you so entitled to the economy, technology, and career opportunities that were created by smart, rich, powerful men that don't know you and whom you never met.

The point is that people want a better life for themselves and family, and they'll do anything to provide that. Even if that means they are going to leave their home country.

>Who loses here?
Everyone else except for your uncle and corporations. This whole model is designed so that corporations and, to a lesser degree, third world workforce traffickers can stuff their pockets at the expense of everyone else. Quality goes down and local jobs are going away, but Apple has cheap Pajeets as a workforce and your uncle profits off of his """company"""[sic!]. For everyone else it's a lose-lose deal. I'm sorry, but that's how it looks.

I think going by this thread, most of us came here when we were toddlers at best so it wasn't our choice or anything. Usually, at least in my dad's case, it's because our parents wanted a better life for us and felt we couldn't get the best education or lifestyle if they stayed.

Also my dad went to a military cadet school and graduated with top honors, but the military life was all kinds of corrupt with lots of under the table dealing that he wanted to part of.

Every time I visit the home country it really depresses me seeing how bad the worst parts of it are, but at the same time I know it's not really my home country. My primary language is English more than anything else, and I grew up being American and doing American things, and going back to 'fix' a country I barely know sounds like a recipe for disaster.

there is at least one person here from brampton

I don't really understand why people have problems with immigrants.
Companies want to hire the people with the most talent, so they hire the people with the most talent.
If an immigrant is more qualified than you are for a job, how is that his fault?

that is what i have heard from a friend who went for his undergrad in management

what do?
psychology?
what about informatics?

People feel entitled to jobs and opportunities because they were born there. They fail to realize that you gotta work for something, and if an immigrant is willing to work harder for less money, the company will hire them.

Funny enough, these people tend to be the most anti socialism and then turn around and except things to be just given to them.

>I don't believe that just by being born here you're more entitled to a job, especially when there is someone more qualified than you are.

This is clearly a globalist-capitalist point of view, one which puts profit above any national interest. The latter would prefer to supply jobs to citizens as a priority.

>> a majority of the userbase are poo in loos
If we learned anything so far, it's that most Indians on Sup Forums are really just Americans who happen to have parents who were smart enough to move to the US when they could, and are by now barely distinguishable from the other pasty NEETs and nerds on Sup Forums.

You all probably like anime and video games, too, don't you?

If your school has a degree that is like half business and half IT/CS try that out.
Most business majors can't into technology very well, so those majors shouldn't be too difficult.

>Someone actually standing up for us
Paki-anerican Muslim here. Thanks for saying this. I think a lot of the time people just see the bad news stories about us and forget that there are a lot of us that are normal Americans.

As an immigrant, I think some of the hate is well-founded because of modern business practices. It's one thing to poach workers from a different part of the country because that's part of a healthy market, but when it comes to international lines you start getting companies that hire abroad because these workers can afford to live on so much less that even more qualified locals can't compete unless they, too, moved to the third-world.

i met a muslim at my retail slave job once, i was the only person who would talk to him

it was strange, he wasn't the devil everyone made him out to be, yet i could not feel totally comfortable around him because i can't just deny reality either

stop being muslim, abandon your faith, eat some abominable bacon my friend

>and are by now barely distinguishable from the other pasty NEETs and nerds on Sup Forums

Well, except the pasty part. But I guess compared to the usual pajeet.png that gets posted I'm white as a ghost. My mother prefers it that way though. She's from an upper class family and pale herself, and she always nags me anytime I decide to do yardwork or go to the beach and I get a bit more tan.

Kek
I'm not a very *good* Muslim in the sense that I jack off and do things I probably shouldn't be doing according to my faith, but it's very difficult for me to just completely abandon it.
I think it's mostly just from being taught the religion from a very young age desu.
But anyway, I don't talk about my religion to anyone and try to stay off the topics of faith and politics in general.

what do you whack it to

i just shot a load an hour ago, felt pretty good

Gentle femdom.