Internet piracy is dead in the US

techdirt.com/articles/20161122/10381536112/bill-introduced-to-push-back-approval-dojs-proposed-rule-41-changes.shtml

>Pirate shit using VPN to not get caught by ISP and DMCA
>FBI is given authority to hack anyone using VPN and tor
>FBI hacks you and find pirated materials.
>Lawsuit/prison time.
Buy yo shit you cunts.

>Internet piracy is dead

At least there's always your mom

Sure thing, retard.

>hack
using a backdoor isn't a hack, and they can't get an actual search warrant to physically go into your home without probable cause and substantial evidence that you actually are doing anything illegal

>that one dude who posts dumb shit on Sup Forums

i lel'd

I guess this is how the prisons will be populated after all the illegals are deported huh?

>dude

He's barely a "dude", more like a kid where pubes is on-growing.

any legal fags out there that can clarify how they can even pass a bill in the US to "hack any computer in the world"? Are they not going to be in serious violations of laws in those countries?
Is that not a massive cock slap, essentially saying, any country, except the US, is not sovereign?

I guess most western countries will adapt similar laws.
Given the budget lawenforcenent has they can buy zero days for every OS even hardned freebsd.
This will not stop the actual criminals like pedos, terrorist and botnet landlords but its pirates, wistleblowers and journalists.
Terrorists will use sarcasm in open Facebookgroups and Pedos will use steganography from library computers or domrthjng.

What the fuck makes you think the US government actually cares what other countries think? Countries are BEGGING to be brought into or move up within the *Eyes spynet. They WANT the US to spy on them in an official capacity so they can be on the right side of the cyber attacks. The CIA can kill anyone in any country at any time for any reason because fuck you that's why. Interpol eats their sloppy seconds and there's nobody else who can do anything.

Wake the fuck up Buttercup, no other country is sovereign. Leader of the free world; by force without dispute. God bless.

okay, can we get a non-autism/tinfoil hat response?

To translate from tin foil to normie:
>Basically other countries are cool with America coming in and doing shit if it produces some form of safety

>direct download instead
woah so dead. pirates btfo
fuck off op.

right, now let's try without murican delusionalism

I'm willing to bet that the VPN/Tor rule isn't really intended for going after pirates. The excuse will likely be something along the lines of pedophiles and terrorists. The real issue we should be concerned about is the recent takedown of numerous private trackers. This will need to be met with the creation of an equal number of new private trackers, combined with better operational security to keep them from being taken down again, or the use of a new system, such as IPFS.

And no, piracy will never be going away. Maybe there will be fewer users, but it's not going anywhere soon.

>mfw americans think they run the world when they couldn't even succesfully take over a couple shit desert countries

(You)

from normie to lack of merican delusion
>Other countries have a similar populace to America does of people who will do similar illegal shit, such as piracy. America, who loves to flex its fat cock wherever it can, likes to go to other countries and say "hey we want to help you with this piracy issue just take this dick in your ass and it's all yours." Other countries who have no clue what they're doing and somehow trust the States to do anything right on the given subject agree to the anal fucking, taking the fat schlong in in order to allow the US to do various things in other countries, such as arresting foreigners because people from the US do shit that involves them, somehow.

I should be working on this last stretch of a programming assignment but instead I'm trying my best to interpret bullshit

do you know how many third-worlders your post will trigger?

This.

There is too much money behind the prisons for them to be empty, laws will be written to fill them with a new demographic.

>lawenforcenent
>hardned
>wistleblowers
>domrthjng
>steganography
>pedos

thanks m8. That really clarified things
>srs

The logistics of this make no sense whatsoever.

Are they really going to go after millions of people using VPNs to pirate shit? Piracy has always been literally impossible to stop because of the hoard of people doing it.

the problem is, everyone the government doesn't like will become a pedo or a terrorist

that's the problem with bills like these

>hoard

>land of the free

see

aw fuck, I've got no counter-argument for that
you win

Yeah, horde. You know what I meant fuckstick.

>Piracy has always been literally impossible to stop because of the hoard of people doing it.
I'd argue it's because the people prosecuting the pirates don't actually attack the pirates, due to their lack of knowledge to how piracy works since they're still stuck in the Usenet era.

Sweet does this mean we're bringing back those insane bug out hard drive destruction threads?

FBT>DMCA
they don't work for hollywood or record companys or jstore, they don't have time for your weird anime or your call

>Are they not going to be in serious violations of laws in those countries?

You are not obligated to follow any nation's laws except your own, and those of any country you are a guest in. Otherwise, Saudi Arabia could have me arrested here in Washington for saying, "Allah is not real." What you should be asking is if this violates any international law.

No, they know or pay someone that knows to hunt them down. But because there's literally millions of pirates they can't go after all of them. Making civil cases against people and proving they pirated shit is really expensive per person you know.

Wasn't tinfoil, baka. CIA admits to doing this shit when it's no longer classified but nobody cares because its history by then, the *Eyes networks are official, and everyone knows Interpol is basically the UN of espionage.

You seem to forget we live in the freaky dystopia our ancestors dreamed of, just with shittier tech.

Everyone needs to start using Tribler. People need to audit the code.

Good. If you're not doing anything to threaten your Nation and People then there's no reason to hide.

But you'd think that they would at least make an effort to do so. You'd think with people on board who know what they're doing, that they would know simply taking down the various torrent sites that share the magnet URLs would do nothing to impact actual piracy in action.

If they were actually making an effort to solve the piracy problem, they wouldn't be attacking the webhosts alone.

That's not a problem that's a solution.

Now they can spy on/detain/kill anyone at any time.

God fucking dam you sound like a muslim.

>AM I BEING DETAINED
>RREEEEEEEEEEE

Yes, these hacking tools sound exactly like shit muslim terrorists are using to undermine our civilization.

>the recent takedown of numerous private trackers.

I cry everytime.

I'm referring to your "hurrr just don't do things mr smith says you can't do despite it not harming anyone and everything will be ok"

That's how a muslim thinks and is why their countries have gone to shit.

So where do you actually buy anime with English subs?

No, the West has gone to shit because people are more concerned with themselves and acting like degenerates (which these """privacy tools""" enable) without thinking about the community at large.

Whether you like it or not, everyone in society is connected. If you want to continue benefiting from civilization, then you better be prepared to contribute, especially to keeping it safe.

>"Self sacrifice is the first principle in civilization."
-Based George Lincoln Rockwell

Fuck off abdul snackbar

Buy the official release with the ebg dub but use subtitles and japanese dub

I pirated for 10+ years without ever getting caught or any notices.

The past year I have gotten caught 3 times. I think games are somewhat safe to pirate still, but movies and tv shows are a no go unless you go private.

>one season ranges from $10 to $40
Nah man fuck this I'm moving to the third world.

I'd plunder her booty
AVAST YE ASS

Yes.

lol the core

pro movie

Pirated animu apparently does threaten Nation and People

That price is a goddamn steal. Here in Japan, two episodes cost about the equivalent of $70.
And they wonder why piracy is such a big thing.

I use a VPN daily. I don't have anything the feds would be interested, and I don't even pirate shit almost at all.

What can I do to continue using my VPN without fear whatsoever of the FagBI raiding my ass?

What you're doing right now. This Rule 41 thing just legalizes shit the feds have already been doing. Using a VPN doesn't put you on their radar.

Soooo seedbox then and everything is good?

>that one dude who posts dumb shit on Sup Forums strikes again

Welp, thank god the TPP is dead.

Then contribute as well and hand over your guns. Don't you want a safer USA?

this

But I think most of it depends on how recent something is, like pirating the latest tv show/movie/video game, and the origin of what you're pirating

There's simply no reason for them to chase after older content, especially if it's also foreign content

tl;dr don't pirate the latest craze or ideally things made by the US

Why don't you just buy media?

Daily reminder than the US created the so-called MLP culture, Furry culture, facebook culture, feminism culture and SJW subculture.
This fucking subcountry should be culturally contained on their continent. Europe should stay clean from this shit.

We need guns to make a safer Nation. How else will we keep the degenerates, leftists, and terrorists from destroying society and hurting our women and children?

I for one have no problem knowing that the God Emperor knows how well-prepared I am to Make America Great Again.

Only terrorists use guns and school shooters too. If you use a gun you must be a terrorist or school shooter. Give your guns to the government and don't be a troublemaker. Everything will be better this way. Republitard logic on internet spying and encryption everyone. Hypocrisy at full blast. Pretty sad/stupid.

Leftist thought is no longer welcome in the United States of America.

Nope. The only DCMA letter I've gotten in the last 2 years from open trackers was from the Friday the 13th collection from tpb. Old as shit and never thought it'd be on that one

Oh wow, that sounds like something that would catch me off-guard too

Curious, but from which public tracker site did you use?

>They WANT the US to spy on them in an official capacity so they can be on the right side of the cyber attacks
I think it's more because then when they're using illegally obtained intelligence, they can say that the NSA did it (truthfully) and therefore, their own laws don't apply and their courts will support them and their citizens are generally just fucked.

>Other countries who have no clue what they're doing and somehow trust the States to do anything right on the given subject agree to the anal fucking,
The government elites that agree to the anal fucking aren't the ones being arrested and deported, it's not them getting fucked so they'll take some CIA funded tours of the US and then sign on the dotted line.

That was tpb. It was a HUGE torrent and didn't want it to fuck up my ratio on the private tracker I use. Haven't been back since I got it and been solely private since and just seedbox now for ratio

>steganography
That one is actually spelt correctly, I'm with you on the rest.

Shit, I guess if it's too good to be true then it probably is.

Thanks m8, I'll keep that in mind

Best of luck to ya

This is a terrible ruling, but sharing will never die. Humans have been sharing for all of recorded history, and it is an integral part of being a human.

Also:

Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

>be normie
>use Tor
>get labeled as some pedo or terrorist

wew lad

What the fuck do you mongolid sperglords even torrent all day for years on end? I watch films once, I listen to a few songs here and there, such a small amount I just buy them. What makes you wish to consume petabytes of media? Most media is dogshit.

>>be normie
>>use Tor
Pick only one

This is bullshit. I'm not even going to go on about protecting yourself, as this shouldn't even be happening.

Damn cunts.

Is there any country that gives no such shit about intellectual property and admits a discussion about freedom to spread the information?

This post seems to presume that the government is always in the right. It presumes that anyone who is acting in ways which threaten the government is inherrently bad. What a load of bullshit

I haven't caught pirating. I use a ISP that is in my country, the one that are Kebabs invading right now.

yup, all the good torrent sites are dead and gone

>FBI is given authority to hack anyone using VPN and tor
FBI is given authority to hack anyone using whatever the fuck they want in whatfuckingever the country they are

I am so triggered.
Privacy or anonymity isn't probable cause.

The principles behind the fourth and fifth amendments are ripped to shreds by this.

Technologically I'm stepping up my game. Linux with veracrypts 256aes encryption and I'll only EVER use windows in a vm and offline. Complete with security cameras to avoid any keylogging hardware. I'll probably get a safe for my computer too. I'm not fucking around.

Politically we must get the public to know the seriousness of this, and constantly remind politicians.

Have fun knocking on the door and setting a court date for every single person behind every single single door related to an IP that downloaded a GoT episode

Trump doesn't care about privacy. He won't help you. He supports reinstating the Patriot act (nsa surveillance).

>Those who are willing to give up essential freedom for a false sense of security deserve neither.

Hey dude it hasn't been that goddamn long since Senator McCarthy's red scare. It would only take you pissing the wrong person off and you would literally disappear with a bag over your head as a commie subservient

It does though.
>any form of encryption

It won't be the CIA it will be the FBI. The FBI is filled now with Republicans that suck the cock of the Russian Intelligence Services.

>Technologically I'm stepping up my game. Linux with veracrypts 256aes encryption and
Fighting with autism is like fighting a fire in the living room with a counter fire in the kitchen.

We wish this was true we cant even properly fight tribesmen with aks and rpgs. We are definitely the most powerful country in the world but lets not pretend that we rule over everyone with an iron fist of fear its just not true

Says the guy who's just going to bend over and let uncle Sam rape him

>pirated material
>prison time
It's still not illegal in the U.S. dipshit. Even with these blatantly unconstitutional changes to rule 41. It's called copyright infringement and not theft for a reason.

Exactly!! It's a civil court issue. Not a criminal one

>land of the free
gets me every time

>FBI hacks you and find pirated materials.

Exactly what is "pirated" materials?

You do realize that U.S. law allows consumers to create personal backups of any media they purchase. Yes, this even includes copy-protected materials according to one court ruling. Merely having backups on your hard drive isn't any indication that you've pirated them.

Disabling the license check would be a huge red flag for starters

Methinks it's just an excuse