What was the cheapest computer you ever bought and what kind was it?

what was the cheapest computer you ever bought and what kind was it?

hp elitebook 8470p
180 dollars

raspberry pi doesn't count btw

i bought a chromebook on craigslist for i think $100 during that craze because i figured it would be good to wipe and install a lightweight distro on. turns out drivers were amazingly bad and even a macbook would have better drivers support in linux. also you had to root it to install a real distro other than chrome os.

it was still fun to use for a while but i learned my lesson. no meme computers

Lenovo x131e
i3-3227u
140 dollars on ebay

Which chromebook? I ran Debian flawlessly for over a year on the Acer C720 chromebook before I traded it for something else.

It really depends on the manufacturer of the netbook. imo the Samsung ones are notoriously shit for linux compatilbility

Acer c720 for $75. Came with 4gb ram. Running xubuntu at the moment.

I forget which it was the Acer C710. I also used Debian.

I used to get clicking noises and other problems from powersave whenever unplugged and had to disable that shit in the snd_hda_intel module. I also had problems with the mouse after suspend. I had to modprobe i forget which module but I ended up just compiling it built in to the kernel so it would reload every time after suspend.

It was a pain in the ass. Only DE i was able to run was buggy as fuck LXDE

I gave somebody head for their macbook once.

Sasuga desu!

>Acer C710
Yea I understand, it's pretty hit and miss with Chromebooks. Only used it because I basically got it for free. Some retard on Craigslist traded it for some old as dirt laptop I bought in a bulk for $10.

Only real benefit is the price. Although, I recently managed to snag a fully-working Thinkpad X220 for $130.

$220 x220 w/ i5 + 8gb ram + SSD
Was seller refurbished of ebay.

if you think lxde is bad go try kde or lxqt
I'm all for qt desktop environments but man are the two we have total fucking garbage

>tfw never got a CR48 to demo
>Pajeets in my area (actually a small town but Oracle has offices here) got 25 cause they could lie and say they were an organziation
>Would have gotten a computer direct from the manufacturer for free without trading, RMAs, or anything

$15 Fujitsu Lifebook
(The charger was another $15.)

I'm on Unity right now. Someone needs to make a good fork. I would if I had some extra time, I have other shit I need to finish now. If the panel was a little bit less shit it would be like a good Gnome 3. Maybe a fork of the old Unity 2d

you got a good deal, spent 230 on identical spec latitude 4 or 5 mnths ago

dell optiplex 7010 off of ebay.
has an i5 3570, got it for a 100 bucks.
Thanks goodwill online section.

dell precision T7400 with dual X5450s and 8GB of RAM for $5
dell precision M4300 (but with the shit low end panel option) for $2

my local thrift store sells me donation rejects out of the back at $5 per desktop and $2 per laptop, currently posting from a shitbox lenovo 3000J minitower I got from there with an athlon64 x2 3800+

$140-ish (CAD) each for a couple of Intel Compute Sticks that are currently serving as my HTPCs.

>tfw got a free cr-48
Life is good

A refurbished thinkpad t500 + 2 batteries from a company who bought new laptops for 45$

Elitebook 2560p
$91AU

70 euros for some core2duo e8400 laptop i gave my granny as a present

Gtx 950, g3258, 8gb ram, 500gb hdd. All second hand under 300$

I bought an x220 off a friend for £60

What is 8470p like? I'm considering buying one. Is it comparable to Thinkpads?

Samsung ARM Chromebook for $35 because why not. Great battery and startup time, but everything else is unbearable compared to my X201

ThinkPad T420 stock as fuck for $100.

Now maxed out with QM processor, 16gb meme ram, 3 drives and external GTX 1050Ti GPU + docking station. Using it as main computer with an external display.

$400 in 2012

I "bought" a dell mini 9 from a friend for some old desktops that where worth like $20
it was a pos
cheapest I've spent on a laptop was $100 for an x201 tablet + dock and that thing was horribly slow.

hp compaq nx6325 for 60 bucks
still use it daily

Bought an old thinkpad at a swap meet for $15 for novelty purposes

Cheapest computer I could actually use was an i7 X220T for $300, kinda expensive but it was in very good condition

$200 bucks for an HP netbook a few months ago

2 GB of ram kills my hopes of running gnome 3 and more than one tab, but it runs XFCE perfectly

The ThinkPad I'm using atm I bought for €200, which I've recently started to upgrade.

ATTiny85, $1.50
:^)

serious answer: imac g3 for $35. it's probably not even as powerful as a raspi, but it's comfy