You will never say

You will never say
>hot chocolate
and have it materialize in front of you

Other urls found in this thread:

weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/harvard-scientists-think-they-might-have-pinpointed-the-source-of-human-consciousness
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanity+
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_implant
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exocortex
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>what is Starbucks

>starbucks has an intelligent computer system capable of understanding you and then reconfiguring and replicating matter on a molecular level with 100% precision

The presence of actual replicators in real life would bring too many problems.

But libs would loose their minds the second the media said you could replicate a gun. So far that value alone I hope they become a reality.

>3D printer with atomic level resolution that works with individual hydrogen, nitrogen, carbon, oxygen, and other base element atoms

Maybe in 100 years.

Would be really cool. Solves world's hunger and clean water problems.

The future will be like this, not the food but the intense look of lonlieness on the actors faces

>replicate a brain implant that functionally doubles your IQ
>replicate all the components to a surgical theater
>replicate machines to carry out the operation and provide life support
>replicate the tools necessary to conduct extensive gene therapy and bio modification
>replicate a bullet proof exoskeleton and space suit
>replicate wearable computer with sentient AI that can operate your suit while you're unconscious or injured
>turn yourself into a near unstoppable 40K space marine

The only thing that would prevent this from destroying civilization as we know it is if the required energy input was too high to be viable.

>he thinks you can insert something in the brain to double your IQ

>one joint, two joints, three joints..

>not understanding the potential ramifications of emerging neurological studies
That is entirely aside the point. If you're going to picture a science fictionesque future there is no reason to limit your view.

You're working on the assumption that consciousness is somehow contained within the brain. While this is a prevalent assumption in our modern world let me just remind you that zero proof of it exists.

I find it far more likely that the brain is a transceiver for consciousness, which may or may not be a material entity. While hard to accept for a western monkey indoctrinated in reductionist materialism, it solves a myriad of currently unanswered questions. In fact it shows them to be unanswerable.

Have you not seen Neon Genesis?

I don't care for anime

I had to google wtf it is

This your first day here, champ?

>assumption that consciousness is somehow contained within the brain.

>zero proof of it exists.

Fuck off hippy.

Oh boy.
The subject of how the brain handles certain functions has noting to do with consciousness. We understand enough about connections within the brain to know how certain abilities are processed. We take brain scans of autistic savants with unrivaled math skills and we see areas of the brain with physical connections bridged them that people do no normally have.
If we could create the same sort of connections through artificial means then it would practically increase functional intelligence.

Your personal spiritual beliefs have no bearing on this matter whatsoever. Keep your homo shit in /x/ where it belongs or go back to tumblr.

Someone doesn't watch the news. They just did find where the human brain consciousness is.

You will never say
>glass of BBC cum
and have it materialize in front of you

Consciousness doesn't exist. Eliminativism is the future.

Trips-o-truth.

No, I'm the oldest of the oldfags. I'm the elderfag

Good argument there, my low IQ friend.

Same argument applies for a radio. You can take it apart, scan it, and see which components light up when you activate certain functions. Exclude a certain component and a very specific functionality of the radio does not work anymore. The principle could be the very same.

Also, what I presented is not a spiritual belief, even though you see it wrapped as such. What you're failing to understand is that your own interpretation of the world is based in spiritual beliefs, your culture is driven by the very same influences that drive mainstream religions. You're no different if you can't think for yourself.

What I presented is simple, clear-cut philosophy. If you attach further meaning to it you become the one responsible for explaining it, not me.

weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/harvard-scientists-think-they-might-have-pinpointed-the-source-of-human-consciousness

Here it is. Consciousness starts in the brain stem.

>No, I'm the oldest of the oldfags. I'm the elderfag
And you can't describe and argue philosophy with anime references? You've clearly joined this site within the last 10 or so years.

How to know when you're clicking a bullshit link; title begins with:
>scientists think
>scientists say
>scientists believe

>what is being a neet

What you're doing now is called back pedaling.
Your analogy of the radio is equally as nonsensical as everything else you've said. No one is talking about removing functionality of the brain, the contingent issue is adding functionality to it.
Your concept of consciousness existing outside of the body is a spiritual belief. One that is not relevant in any way. Stay in /x/ where you belong.

That's what my girlfriend is for.

I find anime generally unappealing. Repeating backgrounds, weird non human eyes and other bodily features, strange dialogues and even weirder motives.

Watch he-man, johnny bravo and powerpuff girls like a proper grown up

Maybe you'd be better off with a social media site?

>local man doesn't understand what a testable hypothesis is
>film at 11

What you're doing now is not being able to present your argument. My analogy of the radio is perfectly valid and if you spend any time whatsoever arguing philosophy you would realize that many of them actually agree with me. Again you're wrapping spirituality over my claims in an attempt to devalue them and make me respond to your own interpretation instead. What's happening in reality is that I'm smarter than you and as such I'm capable of thinking outside of typical cultural archetypes. I'm sorry that you see my greater intellect as a threat and would rather discard me to /x/ instead. I understand though, it is hard to burst your own bubble of ignorance that's been perpetuated to you ever since you were born.

>meanwhile on starship Femterprise

A place you have to fucking drive/walk to, to get a drink?! That's 20 minutes of your live wasted when you could've just bought an automatic coffee maker you mongoloid.

You're a mentally ill autist who with an over inflated ego. You're not the least bit intelligent.
And you still need to stay in /x/ where you belong.

This is a social media site

Check and mate

>Implying we could even have tech like that on a commercial level with the way the worlds governments are structured right now

You obviously don't want to argue with me because I pose a threat to your values and beliefs. That's fine.

No it isn't, newfag.

Don't you understand that cooking is a part of the experience?

Shouldn't have fell for the "move out of your parents' place" meme, you mong.
I can literally say "hot chocolate" and have it materialize in font of me.
[spoiler]I love you mum.[/spoiler]

There is no point to arguing with an austic who can't make a single coherent point. Nothing you posted is deep, nor is it a threat to anyone's established world view. Its simply irrelevant.
Functional intelligence and consciousness are not one in the same. You fallaciously conflated them together, then proceeded to ramble on about your totally irrelevant hippy spiritual views. You further continued your incoherent schizophrenic ramblings with false appeals to authority, trying to lend yourself credibility. Statements that did nothing but inflate your own ego.

You're mentally ill, and low IQ. There is no point responding to you beyond this.
Stay in /x/ with the rest of the barely functional crazies.

I'll ignore all your personal attack because they bore me. I'll also try to ignore the fact that you're hopelessly trying to devalue my argument in the most childish ways possible. This is pure psychology and just tells me you're incredibly insecure in your own opinion. People with secure opinions don't need to insult others to get a point across.

Here are some questions for you instead. How do you define intelligence? How do you define feeling? Did you ever read about the hard problem of consciousness and if so, what's your take on it? How do you define will? Why is it that intelligence is hard to reproduce artificially? How do you define creativity? Why hasn't a method been established that can teach creativity? How come some people seem to have a "talent" for something? And finally, if you reduce yourself to mere chemicals, how are you able to trust that these chemicals are telling you the truth?

Kiss and make up you faggots

Gaaaaaaayyyyyyyy. Also your radio analogy is stupid. By disassembling a receive and a transmitter and examining the components in enough detail you can understand 100% of the process of sending radio transmission's. There's no magic involved, all the parts are logical and operate on known physical laws. You don't need to make up any mumbo jumbo to explain how a radio works and the same goes for the brain. Just because we haven't understood 100% of the process the brain uses doesn't mean you get to make up fantasy shit and expect us to believe you.

How does Sup Forums enable social networking? You talking about the reddit anonymous meetups? Believe me they are pure cancer and not Sup Forums. Like you.

Speaking of which. How do you think that system works. Does it create the hot chocolate to a certain parameter and create variation. Or did The Alpha Omega Barista Satan Trooper create the best hot chocolate ever, and it just 'prints copies' of that?

Do you fuck around with variation, or make a food photocopier?

But there isn't a man in the radio. The man is sitting way out in a radio station, speaking to a microphone. My analogy stands.

Internet retard doesn't understand what click bait is.

>little boy reading your shitpost
>little boy
This thread is infested with underageb&.

According to Star Trek canon replicators make perfect copies of whatever is in the program. That doesn't mean you can't reprogram them to your own personal taste, though. There's a TNG episode where Riker is cooking and explains in the process that replicators add no flare to food, and that the 24th century lost the culture of cooking and everything that goes with it but there's still some that do it as a hobby.

I agree with this guy, the other fella thinks he's too clever, but sounds like a true moron. Keep giving it to him my man.

Do you really expect him to waste the time writing the short book of an answer you requesting? This is embarrassing, you're just avoiding any actual discussion by saying the other guy needs to write a literal fucking book before he can answer you. Instead of just addressing the point if your argument being shit.

Well I believe in miracles
so where you from
you sexy thing

I said "Hot chocolate" and the band appeared in front of me

What the flying fuck are you even talking about. I'm not going to talk to you if you can't make the effort to form a valid question you giant faggot.

Yes well hot sausages don't have bananas inside so my point is valid, you see what I did there, that's what you just did.

>too autistic to get the joke

When Starbound was in beta I really started to dream about this sort of thing. They changed it all now, but you used to be able to scan furniture into your ships' 3D printer and then print out as much as you want after it had learned the shape, at the cost of 'pixels', the universe's currency.

3D printers in real life are awesome too, of course, however the kind I've actually seen in my own home are not good enough to make more than cool shapes out of plastic. I can't wait for the day that we can even do something like printing out PCB and a plastic shell to make something like a small flash drive in an emergency.

The joke that she's actually a girl? Ya the anime did that retard.

I'm extremely clever. My intellectual capacity far exceeds yours, that's for sure.

Yes. I expected to have an honest debate. I see you're in the "kissing butt" business, though.

I already presented my argument.

I think I'm actually arguing with a banana.

Do you still work or are you a NEET?

Imagine if you asked the replicator to make slaves and you owned your own cotton pickin 1970's band

Wew. None of the guys you're replying to, but you're being disrespectful, and boasting way too much.

I don't know or care enough about what you guys are talking about to enter the discussion, but please be nice.

If I was working, would I have time to shitpost on Sup Forums?

Is boasting supposed to be a bad thing if it's actually true?

Well, I think you'd have the time, but maybe you wouldn't spend it on Sup Forums considering you'd have less time than a NEET.

I guess you answered my question in your own way, though. I'm also a NEET living with family ATM. Trying to think of what to do with my life.

Yes. Or at least, that's what I've been raised to believe. I would consider myself a master typist, but whenever I talk about my typing speed I feel a bit anxious and guilty. I try not to brag about anything much.

>what is a gf

If you want advice, either don't bother with "trying to think" and accept the fax of being full time NEET or start doing shit (start running, go to gym or local library, get yourself a mcjob or whatever) - sitting like a mong doing nothing is killing you.
Cheers.

>You will never say
>>hot chocolate
>and have it materialize in front of you
You don't know my girlfriend.

Fuck Voyager, desu.

She said: "coffee, black".

Can I borrow your Starfleet uniform

Before 1861 you could say "coffee, black" to get coffee.

>solves
>by making them unanswerable

>While hard to accept for a western monkey indoctrinated in reductionist materialism

Haha, I'll bet you believe in religion too.
Idiot.

>replicate a bullet proof exoskeleton and space suit
but is it lazerproof?

must be bait,
nice work then i kekked

Clearly you've never had a girlfriend with daddy and abandonment issues. Just mention something that'll make you happy and watch as it magically appears in front of you.

To sum this thread up, is a battle between 2 cucks.

what i find funny is the person who believes in some "spirits" and ayy lmao tier shit

Your whole body is like a system, like every living organism we are machines of NATURE.
you cant compare us to machines that we humans create.
Right now it would be very fucking expensive to replicate just one human being.

There is no human or animal spirits. You cant prove they exist.

>inb4 you cant prove they dont exist
fuck off hippies

speak for yourself, I'm an upper class white male and we've been able to do this for generations

>You're working on the assumption that consciousness is somehow contained within the brain. While this is a prevalent assumption in our modern world let me just remind you that zero proof of it exists.

So you're suggesting that our brains are just dumb terminals which are wirelessly connected to our conciousnesses running in VMs in God's "cloud" somewhere?

Consciousness is the active process of the psyche, which is a part of the mind, which in turn is a logical structure resting upon the physical structure of the brain. If you're familiar with computer science concepts, such a model should look very familiar and logical to you.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanity+
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_implant
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exocortex

>Mogoloid
>coffee maker
>hot chocolate

I think you're the mongoloid.

Essentially.

Yes, since we've had so much success with AI.