/guts/- motherboard hurry up REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE edition

/guts/- motherboard hurry up REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE edition

Why isn't there a guts thread

How else will autists get that sweet sweet epeen

Delicious Phanteks Enthoo Pro.
Old as fuck pic, but you get the idea.

>motherboard hurry up REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
This is why I use same day or next day shipping when available. Fuck waiting.

Ree

I had to buy a new monitor when i got this computer. Eh, it was worth it.

what monitor

It says in the speccy. Its nothing fancy but a big improvement after years of 1280x1024.

I'm on my phone, and your speccy is transparent as fuck

BenQ RL2240H

Benq RL2240H

>BenQ RL2240H
a bit older and a TN panel at only 60Hz, but certainly a nice upgrade over 1280x1024.

I'm thinking about upgrading to AMD Zen when it arrives.

My AMD FX 6200 is bottlenecking my AMD Radeon RX 480 hard

fuck intel and their botnet "intel management engine" (hardware backdoor in their processors)

Speaking of motherboards, I just bought all my shit and I'm waiting for it to get here. I didn't get an optical drive and I've only got a windows key.

Do I download an installer from Win site and load it onto a USB?

>H110i
How's the noise level on that? I've always wanted an AIO, but kept going back to regular air cooling because of noise.

>tfw fucked up the cable management a bit and too embarrassed to post

well I changed the fans out for different fans so it depends what fans you use how loud it is.

>Never get any (You)s
Feels bad

Looks really good

Thanks user
Which is your guts

I don't have any pics as it's currently in progress. Waiting for parts, currently it's just a mess.

Hope to see them soon, What's your part list looking like?

Heh, it's mostly old parts because I mostly play old games. I was planning on moving everything into a define s and add some noctua fans, just for fun really. I bought the original pc pre built (got a good deal) which came with the horrible looking antec 900 'gaymer case.

bump

I gotta get a new picture i have a different psu and case now. I gotta do more cable management kinda just threw it together.

I have always liked your guts nice and clean.

look at me. look at me. i am the 80's now.

its from the new november batch with all the fixins ;^)

just put it together today...

Is... Is that fan

I'll just go to bed.

well that's just rude

R8/h8

I only wish the graphics card wasn't faulty :/

>MSI
>Faulty GPU
Seems everything is in order I don't see what the problem is

would be nice if you guys can post info of case as well

mines 600c

Phanteks enthoo pro

look at it sag.
dispicable.

I should've listened to Sup Forums, when they said MSI a shit. Should I return and get an XFX instead?

It doesn't sag, the pic is crooked

I've worked with one before. The H110i's fan are a nightmare if you leave it on performance mode. It's tolerable on quiet mode (the pump is louder there), but you get about the same performance as you would from a Noctua D14 with similar noise levels.

Depends if you can

MSI customer support is a bigger pain in the ass than prison. They most likely won't take it back, they'll claim you broke it. Or they'll send back a refurbished one, same thing as ASUS does.

I got it from Amazon. I do my business with Amazon, whether or not MSI takes it back from them is not my problem...

>Amazon
>Paying taxes online

>all your fans are exhausting
the fuck?

convince me not to get fractal define r5

I live in Comiefornia. I pay taxes on every single website. Might as well buy it from Amazon to have good RMA.

Are you suggesting that the front fans are installed wrong? I doubted it myself, but I havent had the time to flip them...

Why are PSU cables so hard? I can't organize them properly, I wish I could into cable autism.

Does your case not have room in the back for them? Also your ram is in the wrong slots, and buy some compressed air, that looks disgusting.

S340 Elite or P400s? I was thinking of getting the 460x but it only looks good empty.

What card and what's the issue, fellow s340 friend?

Glad to see more Phanteks Case
It seems they are getting popular!

alright lads, choose a motherboard color combination that doesn't exist in the market.

I have no idea what to do with excess cables edition.

Base green and purple slots?

I know it's meme related, but I'm not certain if that would actually look anything like not-ass.

do full white but leave the resistors and caps unpainted

MSI already has those.

Link?

Comiefornia. I'm sorry, rip in peace those president dollars. Do you play standard sales tax?

Put your radiator on top exhausting and two fans in the front as intake

Might have to move my mATX build across the world in my luggage next year. I have a $15 Thermaltake s3 case and all original boxes with antistatic bags. Should I try to fit the case or leave it behind with components packed in boxes? The case is something like 375x180x375mm

MSI B150M MORTAR ARCTIC for example. The PCB is white, and the caps are totally unpainted.

What can i improve?

>"oh fuck that looks amazing god damn how much is i-"
>that stupid fucking camo
Why does gamer shit have to be so fucking stupid

paint the soundcard black/armor it up

>not posting the glow version of it
wish more people did paintjobs, shit would improve so many boards/builds

Fine. There's also the MSI Z170A MPOWER GAMING TITANIUM and MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM. No camo anywhere.

White ASUS boards are even more stupid. They have camo on the PCB as well.

It's not a soundcard, it's a wifi module. When i have time to fix my house network, it will be replaced by lan

Well, you kind of just answered your own question on what you can improve on, right?

>both are grey-ish instead of pure white as the mortar arctic
thanks anyhow user

Well, It's not like you can't remove the I/O covers from the Mortar and just re-paint the top of the two remaining heat sinks.

And it's at least digital camo...

I was particularly interested in some advice about cable management, maybe it can be better

Any suggestions?

I shipped my computer from Japan -> Europe, and then from Europe -> US. Seemed simpler and wasn't *too* expensive. (Like 150-200 bucks each time I guess).

Why do you even keep your hard drives inside your case? Why not invest in an external drive enclosure or a NAS?

This is me:
(You)

What you see is temporary. I am waiting for my SSD RMA, so you see my OS hard drive + cache drive in the picture. I have a 4 bay external enclosure.

The drive cage will be taken out, and an EK-XRES 100 SPC-60 MX PWM will go in its place.

why the fuck do i want to litter my desk with more shit that can nicely be hidden away inside my computer? i'm never going to move these drivers. i never need to take them anywhere. if i did i would be posting guts of my shitty laptop.

How about investing in some SFF-8644 PCIe HBA cards and building a small, hidden enclosure to keep the noise and wear on your drives to a minimum?

that sounds pretty retarded. I don't need it to be portable or easily dismantled.

Old 7850 in there

These guys are right:
IF the case is ATX. An external JBOD drive enclosure has only one advantage: you can go with a smaller case if you already have a smaller form factor motherboard, so you don't have to buy large fucking cases for your mITX boards like this one:

Didn't get around to a guts pic with the MSI 480

Thanks doc!

That mITX case is only that size though because I fully intend to place a thick radiator inside, and overclock the everliving fuck out of anything that has a MHz setting, that's why there's still a stock cooler on the CPU, haven't got all the water cooling parts yet.

Why should I?

My home server has another ~20TB or so.

On that subject:
How bad of an idea would it be to order a radiator from China, even if it says it's full copper, and the fin density is alright as well?

Boy, let me tell you about them fluxes

Please tell me you did that animu by hand

No, I paid some local company $30 to use a laser etching machine.

give a link
also they all come from china no matter where you're fucking buying from

oh, shame.

>oh, shame.
Yeah, should have wasted 2+ hours of my own time acid etching it like a retard, fucking it up, having to do it again to get it right and spending twice as much time and money on something.

I'm happy with paying a dude $30 because he does it all day and has a multithousand dollar laser etching machine.

I haven't picked one yet. I was just pondering whether it's a good or a bad idea to order it from there for like 1/3rd the price if the specs are alright. I want to buy a 50-60mm thick dual 120.

I've had my case for a long time, nearly since they were released

>needing an external hdd
Here is your (You)

I was just hoping to discuss some methods and different ways to do it, there's not much to discuss in these threads outside of legos.

I feel your pain. I used to come here to learn about stuff. Now the only things I'm learning are:
>you need a DAC or you are a pleb
>you need studio monitors or bookshelf speakers for said DAC, pretty much anything near field and above 200 dollars, or you are a pleb
>don't forget the AMP to drive them, or buy actives to begin with like a pleb
>replace your shit immediately when the next gen becomes current gen
>IKEA is shit
>three monitors are the shit

Wow, so minimalists. 10/10