Would you given opportunity abandon your current body to become a cyborg?

Would you given opportunity abandon your current body to become a cyborg?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=phyqYbmiWUo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

can i experience feeling?

without a body there would be no chemical stimulants, so if that can be done digitally, i would totally do that.

Yes. Feelings are just complicated chemical calculations. There is no good reason to say that they couldn't be emulated.

so that means i could live a simulated life as i please?

fucking sold m8.

Anime can be real.

Can I be a female cyborg and masturbate "myself" all day long?

Yes
but you can't be more then 5 feet tall

Why would you want to 'masturbate' a body made of plastic and metal?

Only to feel what girls touches their beanies all days!

Loli cyborg? Even better.

not my whole body for sure, but I wouldn’t be against heavily modifying it.
Also, add a built-in computer so you don’t need anything else anymore than backup in case you damage your body.

Nah I don't want to be stuck with usb3 speeds

Will I be able to fap?

How about replacing your organic brain with cybernetic one?

My head is one of the only parts of my body I wouldn’t dare to modify actually. Plus, my new brain could potentially sort of crash due to a bug, or at least I would constantly have this fear and I wouldn’t be able to live without worrying about that. If it is a separate computer, though, I could still have control over it and it wouldn’t make me die (or at least this is how I perceive a cybernetic brain crashing)

Electric circuits can't have stroke.

as long as it has at least a 100 year life span, can't get hacked or get malware and has a 0% failure rate for 100 years - also I'd like to be able to reprogram myself to remove negative emotions

You can get infinite lifespan if you replace your parts on a regular basis.

I think I'd want to die after 1000 years at most, are there any chances of a fatal failure during part replacements?

as long as that shit isn't running debian in some form. I just don't want to be sad and gay.

If my essence (my mind mapping through its neural connections) remains totally intact, fuck yes!

What about capacitor leaks?

>existing as a brain in a jar while a robot copy of your connectome runs around living as you

Thanks but no thanks senpai

Imagine that all your neurons are being replaced one at a time. One replacement wouldn't make you something else. Full replacement is a machine.
At which point would it make a difference?

I want to fuck Major and have her violate my boi puccy without mercy.

No because CIA WILL DEFFO HACK ME.

But can I be a robot tiger?

Obviously. Hell, I'd be willing to be immobile and the size of a fucking room in the beginning.

Nothing is eternal and no modern technology will get produced eternally. High tech doesn't happen in basement. When production lines dry up, sharks will take the market with prices tenfold high and more. Eternal life is a pipedream in the market economy.

In GITS world yes and no.
Yes: you can go online and pretty much live on the net.
No: you can only go full cyborg if your filthy rich, if you arent, say hello to the army who will pay your parts, but you will be in constant danger.

And the hacking is shit too.

We're reaching the end of a free market economy.
Once AI replace basic office jobs it will become impossible to remain capitalist without revolution.

No.

yes. if its similar to Ghost in the Shell, double yes.

the idea that a human lifetime is enough to acquire the knowledge sufficient to make a fully informed decision.... to download and understand every research paper and do complex math instantly.
would love it.

human lifetime isnt* enuogh

the strength of five gorilla's, and x-ray vision... but why so short?

It depends on the sensory inputs the cyborg body is capable of delivering to my consciousness. Human consciousness evolved in an animal body, so there are certain inputs that are expected for human consciousness to operate correctly, even if those inputs are not necessary for consciousness itself. Honestly, I don't think we know enough about how the human brain works for me to really answer that question and I'm betting that without a complete simulation of my entire brain structure, an upload to a machine body would create something new, something similar to myself, but not myself.

Hell yeah bitch

>Plus, my new brain could potentially sort of crash due to a bug

The brain you have now has a higher chance of that happening, and if it does a lower chance of the damage being reversible.

Yes, become cyborg and ascent into coding heaven.

imagine having root to your body and being able to kill of anything in your body

Yes but that raises the question of whether or not that consciousness is you. For all we know you die in the process and are just filled by someone with your thoughts and memories.

Good chinese cartoon.

>he's never played deus ex

lol no

Can I still impregnate women?

That's terribly power inneficient, probably only meant to operate old ass terminals. A brain computer interface would yield better performance per power unit considered pressing shit is taken out of the equation.

Imagine a death in such a reality...

You'd have a loved one whose body is failing. They need new parts.

The parts for their body are out of production. You will need to pay to have them custom made, adapt a different part, or search the market for used replacements. All of which may be too expensive for you to accomplish.

So your loved one goes offline. Their body shuts down. You do the best thing you know how to do and you place them in storage, hoping one day to be able to bring them back.

But time passes. Years, decades. The plastics and polymers used in their body begin to break down. The local storage used to contain their personality and memories loses power and becomes corrupt. Unrecoverable.

But you were smart enough to back them up on a remote server. But the company that ran that server has gone bankrupt. It was sold to another. The data you are looking for is somewhere in the mix but it will be hard to find because of the millions like it all piled together that have been sold, resold, packaged, and repackaged a dozen times. They'll get back to you when they find it, and you're running out of money to pay for the service...

One day you hear about a massive earthquake that destroyed the server facilities. The government claims there were backups but it's going to take time to go through everything.

By this time you notice your body is having some problems itself...

That happens anyway. I am not the person I was as a kid, but I'm stuck with the memories of that stupid little shit.

>maturity = loss of soul

Well i guess that's why adults are all soulless.

So basically what life is like now. lmfao.

There is no such thing like souls. We're just complex algorithms. Consciousness is an illusion.

Will the difference be visible?

>Well i guess that's why adults are all soulless.
it will happen to you, too, just you wait, you won't even realize it happened

Oooooh spicy~

that's not the same. You're talking about the difference between an immature human brain and a mature human brain. Once mature, the brain doesn't change that much over time. Your experience means you grow as a person, but only some kind of brain damage could ever cause you to regress to a childlike state. With a brain upload, all bets are off.

well, it's not like i have anything to lose [spoiler];_;[/spoiler]

MLCCs senpai

Not entirely. There would exist the novel concept of restoring a personality back into a new body, or refurbishing their old. But decades or hundreds of years could pass in between.

This is all disregarding the notion of uploading your consciousness into a computer and just living there in a simulation (until a hurricane pulls the plug).

Pretty much. This rotting body won't last much.

wait no I want to be a battle cyborg like pic related

The thing people don't seem to realize is that an upload is a copy operation, not a moving operation.
So in the end you'll still be stuck in your biological vessel while some humanoid machine starts out like you at the moment the transfer finished but will develop differently from there on out.

>"hi mom, do you like my new body?"

I don't know about replacing my original... but it'd be kind of swell to have the kind of implants that'd let me have a remote body.

It's a tank, bro.

Its basically the same issue as the teleporters in Star Trek. Whether they actually transport your molecules or just kill you and make a copy.

I might be up for implants but probably not a whole body and cyber brain. Maybe the whole human brain in a robot body provided it didn't look like pic related.

Do you think there will be a copyright on the mind ? Aka no one but you will have the right to distribute or copy it ? What about underground trackers dealing in stolen constructs?

...I'd go for that.

Easiest path to supervillainy.

>Hey babe, nice pre-frontal cortex you got there, wanna digitally emulate making out?

If it's going on GITS:SOC rules then yeah. I would also need assurance that I wouldn't drop dead in a year due to massive upkeep fees on the body. But assuming this is a no stings attached and not some dnd wish bull then yes in a heartbeat.

The most current in universe theory is that the cyborgs are operating in autistic mode and the only way to input data was via a key based terminal to avoid the system being hacked via the internet or someone plugging into the system.

Don't know about copyright but

> Be in elementary school
> Have brain made from computing chips and shit
> Asked to do simple multiplication
> Try to, but can't
MFW can't calculate 2 * 2 because license to use basic math processors has expired

See

>Would you given the opportunity abandon your current body to become a cyborg?

I am open to any experiments on me desu

Sure why not

I guess that'd work if executed properly and every small change has had the time to get assimilated by the already existing structure.

Also OP, a cyborg still has fleshy bits, if you abandon your whole body, you wouldn't be a cyborg

I thought about that many times. The main concern is "me" in the machine is really "me"? Isn't it just a copy and muh body with a rotting brian will apart as the other "me" will shitpost here until gookmoot gone full retard.

but it's runned by a loli AI

youtube.com/watch?v=phyqYbmiWUo

>Wanting to become part of the YouTube Flesh Database

>implying doing anything else isn't just another form of being a biological battery

We're already the batteries we loathe so much.

Hello Mr. Anderson.

Do you worry about your horse carriages when you have a car?

>be immobile and the size of a fucking room
Not much of a sacrifice for most of Sup Forums, since they're basically already there.

but will i be able to make paper cranes?

That's a shit question without knowing any attributes of the cyborg body. Fuck no to a Jameson type, fuck yes to being a tank, but what I'd really like it something that allows me to be human but better- no uncanny valley, complete suite of senses and ability to use them, self repair, effective immortality, tuneable reflexes, features, and other attributes, and completely secure from outside intrusion.

No, you might have well die in the plane crash so that we don't waste papers for some cranes.

no
reason is exactly related to OP's pic (that is the story behind her and her internal struggle)

...and become a drone of the government/botnet? Nope

ads now streamed directly to brain if you buy low end augs

>Implying high end augs won't have the same bloat.

>augs controlling your vital functions are proprietary shitware sloppily coded by a mass workforce of third world codemonkeys
>brain is backdoored but it's okay because you have nothing to hide
>need to get your planned obsolescence surgery semi annually

I'd give up my body for free as long as it was painless.

>Fuck no to a Jameson type, fuck yes to being a tank.

>Its basically the same issue as the teleporters in Star Trek.
they show someone consciously experiencing the whole transporter trip in one episode, so not really

dem feels

in a heartbeat

can i be a necron?

If my brain isn't diminished at all then I'll take cyborg or just being a digital intelligence would be awesome

Under "ideal" conditions, yes.

For values of "ideal" that are sort of like a cross between being the Major in GitS and being Data in Star Trek. "Ideal" as in it is really "me" that ends up in the cyborg body, and I have full control over it's configuration, living in a post-capitalistic/post-scarcity universe, faster than light speed travel, ability to live for a thousand (or ten thousand) years and explore at least the galaxy we live in.

Further, in more recent science fiction/science scenarios, a cybernetic body actually is composed in large part of various bio-organic materials, so you wouldn't necessarily be a silicon and metal mechanical. Your parts could grow & regenerate based upon your will and various medical stimuli, your enhancements need not be surgically grafted into you ... you could just design what modification you require or desire and grow them in place ... be it turning yourself into a catgirl or a massive cluster of thinking, bio-organic computers or some mixed up combination.

So, yes, under conditions such as those I would definitely be interested. Especially if it was common biotech so I wasn't alone. The ability to merge in and out of a Borg-like collective in a Changling-like fashion, maintaining individuality but having the ability to voluntarily join up with other consciousnesses for various reasons and purposes .... would be a pretty exciting type of life.

Sure. A GitS-style cyborg body without dramatic security flaws (or getting fucked by maintenance expenses) would be great desu.

Nothing aches, no hangovers, can actually feel and sense more than in the original, can pick your physical build and experience "perfect" virtual realities when the real world isn't being too interesting.

If the means to keep a brain alive indefinitely wouldn't exist yet, you could probably manage 120+ years given the controlled conditions -- during which someone would probably figure that out, too.

IS THE CYBORG BODY EXTENSIBLE AND LIBRE?

>become cyborg
>wake up
>you are a mac

well, fuck.

First things first.

I need new eyes, teeth, lungs and a heart. The rest can come later.